Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey there!

Hi everybody, the name's Rainer and I hail from distant lands of online tabletop roleplaying and foreign languages. I came here because I believe forum roleplaying's longer times and more spaced out nature would fit better with my tight schedules which are about to become tighter, which means "real time" roleplaying is not an option for me anymore.

But anyways, I've been a fan of the saga since childhood. Started with the prequels since since seeing them as a little kid and then progressed to the rest of the movies, comicbooks, novels, etc. A few years later here I am, still every bit of a fan as always and having been into roleplaying for some time now.

So that's it, I hope we get along just fine and all that stuff. Seeya!

Thanks [member="Miss Blonde"] and [member="Connor Harrison"] glad to be here.

So I was looking around the place a little bit trying to come up with an interesting character and I have a few doubts about the rank titles thingy... I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else but I can't seem to find it, but I was thinking about roleplaying an imperial (or First Order, actually) officer kind of character from an aristocratic background and I was wondering if I had to start as a regular trooper and then progress through the organization ranks or if there's an alternative way. Basically, what are the exact limits of a starter character in terms of rank and influence inside the galaxy?

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Rainer"]

The only thing you can't do is start off as a knight or master level force user. Other than that it's pretty much free game as long as you don't use a species on the banned species/characters list.

Rainer said:
Thanks all for your heartwarming welcomings and long live Rick & Morty.
A few years ago I would of agreed, Season two left a bad taste in my mouth though.

As for ranks, it is mostly as [member="Miss Blonde"] mentioned above. If you plan on having any connection to the force and ascending the ranks of a Force User, regardless of whichever faction or lack of thereof you choose to pursue, you will be limited to starting out at the bottom of the ladder and progress from there unless you have a character which has attained said rank on a different forum and wish to transfer him over. PnP games would not count for this I believe. As far as Non-Force Users are concerned however, it depends on the faction owners themselves in the majority of cases. Some may see to it that everybody is allowed to start out as a Field Marshal or Admiral while others reserve these ranks for IC promotions and allow something akin to a Lieutenant to be the highest rank.

Best option would be to directly ask someone affiliated with the First Order military / administration team although I believe the First Order uses a system similar to that used by Force Users, just with a lot more promotions involved due to the wealth of available ranks.

[member="Rainer"] If you join the First Order as an NFU then, really, depending on what background you give your character, he could be anything form a recruit to a Captain.

Of course you'd need to integrate yourself into the Faction - get to know others, understand the characters - all so you can fit in, just like real life. You can be any level you want to be and work from there with the fellow writers.

I usually start my NFUs as non-ranked pilots or soliders, and develop from the ground up just so I feel I've earnt anything that comes my way and it lets me get to grips with my character. I give them all previous experience, like my First Order Stormtrooper worked as a Sith trooper before he joined, just to give him a little back-story, so he knew what he was doing, but had to do it now with a new group.

As long as you have fun doing it, that's all that matters. Don't worry too much about establishing a huge rank history or back-story. This is all fun and fictional at the end of the day - your character can be anything you want them to be.

[member="Miss Blonde"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Émile Roux"]

Thanks for the help! Now I got it all figured out and ready to get started with the fun bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom