Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey, I'm new

Hello. I am really new to this kind of roleplaying, but I would like to learn and have fun here. I am a little confused on some of the things I need to do, and I do have a few questions. But I would like to learn, like I have already said, and I am curious as to how this will go. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

So, I have a list of questions if anyone can anwser them.

1) I have a basic profile and I have made the name for a character, but I don't know how to put a picture for my character. I don't know if you are supposed to only put a picture for your main profile or what.

2) How can I post my biography for my character? To say what he is like, what his strength's and weaknesses are and such.

3) For my character I would like to make him a Sith, and if I was interested in finding a master to help me through learning how to do everything, where could I find someone? I wouldn't mind joining a faction, if that is what it takes but I didn't want to rush into anything just yet before I join a faction.

Yeah, so if anyone could anwser these questions I would be extremely grateful. This is, as I said before, my first time roleplaying online before, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

[member="Redblade"]
Welcome to Chaos, and forum role-playing in general :)

Here's a few answers/suggestions for your questions:
  1. Up top in the desktop/full site interface there's a white dropdown box that should say [ Select... ] at the moment. Click that and select your newly created subaccount that you made, this will switch you over to that account. Then visit that character's profile page (via clicking on the blank avatar to the left of the dropdown box at the top left) and then mouse-over to the empty Avatar box on your profile page. There should be a faded out "Change.." box that will appear when your mouse is over the avatar, and from there you can select a file or choose an URL to change your avatar to. Alternatively you can choose to go to the Edit Profile option rather than mousing over the avatar and then go through your options from there to change it from inside your settings, along with your signature and other goodies.
  2. You can head over to the Character Creation board and post a topic there with any template you'd like to use for your character bio sheet. Just make sure you follow along the Character Creation rules (located up top in the Rules dropdown menu). Once that is posted you're good to go and can roleplay whenever you'd like. Feel free to base your template for your bio off of mine if you want an example to go off of.
  3. I suggest the One Sith for Sith characters, or otherwise the Techno Union or Primeval if you want to be less Sith-oriented. If you don't want to get involved with a faction, or at least not right away, you can make a thread in the Roleplaying Discussion board with the "Looking For Group" prefix and request a master that way.

Thanks for the help and being so welcoming. I actually just got a master so some specific things I will mainly be asking him. Thanks for being awesome though everyone! I can tell this place is really cool by just the people alone.

[member="Redblade"]

Also, in regards to the One Sith - [member="Darth Pyrrhus"] has recently been put in charge of assisting with training and masters. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or him in this regard. Cheers and good luck with your training.

Hey, so I have a new question.
I have been reading around a bit, and I have come across people using/paying with credits for things. I was wondering how does that work exactly? Like, do I have to actually pay for things my character wants to have? Like a new blaster? And, just as a question, how do I actually gain credits? Just explaining how money works in general here would be good. And also, how to get new weapons/armor/ships/random pets/new pair of pants in general. Do I need to start an rp to go to a new world and buy things there? Just some things I don't really understand. Thanks for the help.

@Braith [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Corvus Raaf"] @Reverance [member="Sempra the Hutt"]

[member="Redblade"]

Well I may be wrong as I don't "deal" in credits. I don't think you need to amass a bank balanace and open a savings account just to RP and dress and equip your character.

Credits are something worked for, be it getting bounties or even just RPing your character doing work or something, that you can "keep" and use to "buy" things people in businesses here may sell like clothes or new weapons or maps etc.

To be fair nobody can say how much your character has. For example if you're a Jedi, your Order will probably fund you and it's pretty much assumed you can buy basic equipment or clothing or have it provided for you. This is a fun RP, not something you need to work on your accounts and savings for in order to progress and develop.

It's just something for those interested in that side of things to write more realistic, business-related stories that isn't all about fighting and action, it's about negotiations and business etc.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's just a nice little part of the fantasy world you can work on if you want. Obviously it's all down to common sense. You can't expect a street mercenary to go and buy a Star Destroyer or just come about it one day. It's a way to help YOU develop your character, to get them to earn and get good things by way of developing them in stories with new writers and characters, so your street mercenary can do more stories and "earn" more pretend credits if you wanted so you can establish him to be something great.

This is probably totally confusing, and I'm sorry - I bet someone can explain it easier than me.

:)

No, that was totally useful. I thought that was how it worked but I wasn't exactly sure, so thanks for explaining. It was just I had a character idea and this was just something I thought of while working on his idea. So, thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom