Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me Stranger, You're my Only Hope

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Throughout the galaxy an assortment of sapients would receive a holomail.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I hope this message receives you in good fortune and good health. I regret to inform you that it does not leave me in either. You see, I have been traveling the galaxy with my son in recent months, letting him observe the myriad of different lifeforms and lifestyles so as to prepare him for the future. It had been going well you see until we were attacks by pirates while leaving Trevel'ka. In our haste we managed to escape, but our ship was heavily damaged and we were forced to land in the unknown regions on some barbarian world I couldn't even pronounce the name of.

While I do enjoy a gallivant around the sector I was not prepared to land in such a place. The remoteness of the world made it a hive of scum and villiany of the worst sort, where blood and spice were considered equal currency with credits. Normally this wouldn't be an issue and I would simply pay a mechanic to fix the ship and be gone, but with the secluded nature of the planet my funding would not transfer. My son and I attempted to find work to pay for the repairs, but my son made the mistake of revealing his hand and our true identity, which resulted in his kidnapping and subsequent ransom.

You see, my name is Barnabus Theram, brother to current Count Theram of Serenno. As my brother is childless my son stands to inherit his title and leadership of our house. Upon discovering this the brigands are currently ransoming him for a sum of 1.25 Billion Credits. While a sizeable chunk this would normally be a non-issue, save for my account not working on world. Due to the private nature of our journey no one from Serenno is expecting us for another three months, and even so I'd prefer not to make this issue public, as my brother might simply choose another to assume to his title. What's more, these brigands simply have no air of elegance or class. I fear that if I cannot produce the necessary funds soon my son, our houses heir, will be executed.

It is for this reason that I must request that you gather up funding of 1,250,000,001,500 credits, with the extra 1,500 going towards the repair of my vessel. In a mere couple of days after I should be able to return to civilized space and repay you, along with another 20% as a sign of my and our House's gratitude. If you are able to assist please contact me immediately at b.theram@Serenno.holo.

Though I have no doubts of your character the sensitive nature of the situation commands that I once again beg for your discretion, and keep this information private.

Sincerly,

Barnabus Theram

[member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Sasha Santhe"] [member="Selka Ventus"] [member="Danger Arceneau"] [member="Alric Kuhn"] [member="Marek Starchaser"] [member="Lorelei Darke"] [member="Gerion Ardik"] [member="Jared Ovmar"]

"Your Highness? A strange message has arrived at the public inbox of the KDY. From a Mr. Barnabus Theram?" Lacy Hardt's voice sounded over the intercom, the usual chipper clip to it strangely flattened.

"Theram?" Lorelei inquired, currently pouring over a recent order from the Empire.

"The brother of Count Theram of Serreno. He says he's marooned on a planet and his son, the heir to the Theram House, has been kidnapped."

"Oh, Serreno. Yes, a planet full of Counts with their collective heads up their assets."

"He's asking for someone to fulfill a ransom of 1.25 billion credits...plus 1500 to fix his ship."

Lorelei snorted indignantly, "He could clone the child for less than half that."

"Should I respond?"

"What does the KDY do, Miss Hardt."

"We...make ships?"

"Very good, Miss Hardt."

"So...that's a no."

"I'll take my tea in fifteen minutes, Miss Hardt."

"Yes your Highness."

Lacy ended the discussion feeling frazzled. That poor boy...

Judah sat in his home office, staring at a datapad on the desk. Caf steamed up to his right as he typed up a reply in a long and lengthy holomail about space lanes in the Sanctum Sector. Pirates had been hitting a few of the areas and it seemed his company wanted to confirm to avoid them, even though it would take more time and fuel. Hitting send, he went to the next holomail, taking a sip of caf while he did so.

Blue eyes scanned back and forth as he slowly read the text. Then re-read the text. This holomail was nearly as terrible as the 'Crown Prince of Gunga'. Wasn't Sereno currently full of Counts of one thing or another? It seemed to Judah this man was more concerned about maintaining a title for his son rather than keeping the boy alive.

Backwards farm boy he may be, but he certainly wasn't born last night.

Judah hit the 'delete' button on his j.dashiell@salacia.holo account and continued on.....

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Marek rolled over. There were certain messages that he got sent straight to his own personal datapad. Especially ones asking for donations. Sometimes the amount would filter into Alana's, his assistant's, datapad, but well, with the company he was keeping lately, the blonde was getting jealous. Muttering to himself as he opened the datapad to check the sort of high-priority communication, his eyes went wide as the brightness from the monitor all but burnt his eyes out.

“Feth...”

Looking it over, and only half comprehending it before he dropped the datapad on his sleeping companion, the Bright Star CEO fell asleep during the email. Even before getting to the total amount requested. He could deal with this hours from now.

When he was rested and satiated and not hung over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom