Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Me Buy My '2400

So I'm a freelance pilot/mechanic/navigator. That means if you're scared to touch your ship's yoke, nav computer, or engine, I'm the person you call. Or if you just want a co-pilot, first mate, or simply are looking for company on those long runs through hyperspace, I'm up for that too.

What I was looking for is a place to sort of hold a permanent 'for hire' thread, much like the South Systems Bazaar does with selling stuff. Eventually, I hope to save up enough creds and buy me a fancy schmancy YT-2400, or something along those lines. But until then, I'm a pilot without a ship. Which means I need your ship. And your money. And you need me. Because I know things about ships. And I'm fun.

There aren't enough spacers floating around.

I'd like to keep it in coordination with my canon travels. I might start out available for flights outgoing from a major hub (say, Coruscant, since that's pretty popular). After I've done my job and ended up at my employer's final destination, I would be available for hire to the next person at that locale. If no one in that system requests my services within a week, I'll move by default back to a major hub via a 'ghost' NPC captain. For everyone's convenience.

I don't know if anyone will be interested in this. I don't know if there's actually a place for this kind of consistent advertizement thread either.

I guess this is sort of an interest check, but not exactly. I'd like to hear suggestions either way.

Lira Dajenn

L
Its actually really cool that you're taking the long way for this and not just saying "I have this ship!". It's something i wish more people would do and i wish i had the patience to do <_<

Its a really cool idea and if i had the character for it i would totally help! Best of luck to you :)

[member="HK-36"]

First off, a dropship only fits in heavy fire or a corvette. Frigates aren't big enough.

Seriously, though, my preferred strategy in those cases is to take evasive action and get to a safe point for a hyperspace jump. Fluctuating the ship emissions is a good way to confuse their scopes while you're at it.

In a landing situation--povided I had an extra crewman--I'd flush out the engines for a quick burst and stall out, then ride the repulsors once I hit a critical altitude.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Corvetta Salvo"]
Oh I meant that only on a dropship you would be certainly getting into a situation with heavy fire, on corvette or frigate you would just be pretty much trying to stay away from being fired upon too much and doing plenty of evading, mostly staying at edges of battles during boarding actions or supporting larger ships :p

Well if you'll be looking for something extra on the side, I could use an extra pilot in Iron Company during boarding actions, we have an open recruitment thread going on in orbit of Corellia if you would like a link. And it looks like we're being called in to help fight Sith in current Mando v. Sith skirmish on Aeten 2, so there would be work right away :p

[member="HK-36"]

Thanks for the offer, HK. But I kind of shy away from crusades. It can give you bad rep with potential future customers, plus I'm not ready to snuff out yet.

But now I just gave away some of my tricks. I think you owe me a few hundred. ;)

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Well we're just mercenaries for hire, so we sorta tag along with other people's crusades rather than form our own :p Plus we accept freelancers for temporary contracts like just one battle.

And yeah about that-
Pirouettes, wrapping his chameleon cloak about himself and disappears out of sight, sneaking out without paying :3

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
You should work for RRDI. Sign with us, and I can have you flying everything from interceptors to star destroyers, and excellent employee discounts.​
The only catch is that you can't work for our competitors or any opposing factions.​
I'll even throw in an Esfandia-Class corvette, you can use as a dual-purpose freighter/carrier. :3​

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

Again, really not into taking sides and making the most-wanted list (at least, not willingly). I'd refer you to the title above my avatar.

Besides, working for a military doesn't exactly sound like my definition of freedom.

Saera Willamina Savan

I'm not military though. I'm not faction either. :p
What I am is rich and in charge of the most advanced aeronautics/astronautics company of the millennium.
Most wanted list? Working for me is a great way to stay off of it. I have that authority.
Pshh, being an executive is the definition of freedom. You'll enjoy it, trust me.

So are you in or are you in? ;)

Well, then I'm confused. Because star destroyers don't sound like they belong in the peace corps to me...
Anyway, I don't see myself as the traveling salesperson type. Though the job doesn't sound bad.

Thanks for the offer, though. I'll let ya know if I change my mind in the future.

Saera Willamina Savan

Corvetta Salvo said:

Well, then I'm confused. Because star destroyers don't sound like they belong in the peace corps to me...
Anyway, I don't see myself as the traveling salesperson type. Though the job doesn't sound bad.

Thanks for the offer, though. I'll let ya know if I change my mind in the future.
Peace Corps? No, I don't do that either.
What's to be confused about? My company produces capital ships and small craft. You'd be a test pilot and a part-time technician of the most advanced ships in the galaxy, not some pencil pushing saleswoman. Again, you sadden me with these comparisons. :(

Sleep on it and let me know. The offer's on the table, but it won't be forever.

*puts 1,000,000 credit paycheck away*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom