Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellyni Damascus

Damascus-Knife-Making-Knives-Blank-Blade-Billet-Bar.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A textile created for the use of Cerberus Enterprise to fight against force nullification fields.
  • Image Source: Damascus steel
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Hellyni Damascus - Named after his own species.
  • Manufacturer: Cerberus Enterprise
  • Homeworld (optional): N/A
  • Production: Limited - Used for approved products of Cerberus Enterprise.
  • Affiliation: Closed Market - Purchased by Cerberus Enterprise.
  • Modularity: Limited
  • Material:
    Iron Ore
  • Aluminum,
  • "Trade Secret" Spring Steel
  • The Force

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Alloy
  • Weight: Medium
  • Quality: Fluctuates from 6-8
  • Color: Dark metallic, Grey Metallic, Light Metallic
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Better Kinetic & Piercing resistance than Durasteel, while losing energy resistance.
  • Anti-Force Nullification effects
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES AND THERE USES
Altered with the force for the clear intention to combat anti-force areas, or effects. The force itself is a very tricky thing. It can be avoided by a trooper wearing a live animal cage on their back, or having a special steel that resists the force. As such, many force imbued items have effects that can be nullified by simply entering the field. This is to combat these items. Creating a Damascus steel that can resist force nullification fields.

As a Damasucs it can be used in just about any application of Armor, Weapons, trinkets, but is not very suitable for building structures, Ships, or anything else.

Strengths:
  • Higher Kinetic & Piercing resistance than Durasteel
  • Resists force nullification when alchemized or imbued with the force.
Weaknesses :
  • Lesser energy resistance than Durasteel.
  • As the metal resists force nullification, which is an area of effect, it cannot have area of effects applied to the metal. So weapons like Kyro, and Atropos would not have area of effects.
  • Secondary force powers/effects can only be applied to the person who attuned it directly. Thus, if Bob were to create the weapon, then all secondary effects can only affect him.
  • Should the Damascus have other alloys other than the ones listed above, then the force nullification effect will not work.
DESCRIPTION
Damascus is a metal well known for its mixing of alloys, metals and ores to create a rather detailed look. Its also much stronger than the base metals that were used to create it. As such, This metal is a kinetic powerhouse. Able to take much more damage from kinetic impacts such as melee weapons, or falling from greater heights, or resist more powerful blows as a weapon. It also retains a much higher piercing resistances than durasteel. Slugthrowers could have possibly dent durasteel and even pierce it. With this Damascus it can withstand much higher powered slugthrowers such a small rail weapons, or weapons such as the verpine shatter guns.

As many metals can be imbued or altered with the force, this one can as well. However, an interesting property has manifested itself of the ability to resist force nullification bubbles. Thus aptly named Hellyni Damascus, as the species of Hellyni have the natural ability to resist mental based powers. To be precisely correct, the metal can resist nulification when imbued with the force, or altered via Sith Alchemy. However, as its a very strange phenomenon that hasn't been seen before, The metal can't be imbued with other secondary powers without some kind of draw back.

The sword resists area of effect based force powers. Thus this metal cant be imbued with any other area of effect powers. Nor have powers that could affect others than the creator themselves. As such, when someone creates this metal, that person must be taking part in its creation or the secondary effects will not aid them, and its a wasted perk.

As this metal is only crafted by Cerberus Enterprise and thusly, Atheus, He does not share how to create this metal and thus if someone wants a secondary effect on something with this metal, they must aid in the creation of the item, and perform the actual imbuement. Otherwise, if Atheus were to perform this task, then it will be attuned to him, and not the other person(s) that are taking part.

Travis Caalgen

T
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Travis Caalgen

T
Atheus said:
Manufacturer: Cerberus Enterprise
Great sub, very detailed. Just one thing before I pend this for approval;

This link leads to your company's marketplace rather than the company itself, for ease of access could you please fix the link?

[member="Atheus"]

I am sorry for the delay. My impromptu Loa extended itself for longer than I anticipated.

First question, and depending on the answer, this may go one of two ways.

You have your intent as follows:
  • Intent: To be used with various weapons, armor, and trinkets. It can also be sold to others as a textile itself.

However, this bit caught my attention in your description:

"Altered with the force for the clear intention to combat anti-force areas, or effects. The force itself is a very tricky thing. It can be avoided by a trooper wearing a live animal cage on their back, or having a special steel that resists the force. As such, many force imbued items have effects that can be nullified by simply entering the field. This is to combat these items. Creating a Damascus steel that can resist force nullification fields."

Is this the intent of the submission?

[member="Cira"],

For the intent, I filled the field with a very simplistic answer, and followed up with reasoning behind it. You bring up that its true intention is to combat force nullification fields, and that is its main intent.

Yes, Its intent is to combat force nullification fields AND act as a textile created only by Cerberus Enterprise. I have gone back and edited the intent to clearly state its purpose.

[member="Atheus"]

With that sort of intent, I am unsure if it fulfills the spirit of Star Wars in regards to a material that can be force imbued as well as be used in nullification fields. As it is, NFU's use said technology like the ysalamiri, versions of voidstone and the like to try and counter such materials. Having a metal that can be force imbuded with the force and still used in a nullifcation field is not an area that would be fair for our members who use such things to try and counter the Force Users in our member base.

For that, I am denying this on concept, as the intent of the submission along with any edits would make this an entirely different submission beyond what your original intent is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom