Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, It's just me.

Adoption into Clan Rekali. She wanted to know this man better if she was to take him as her surrogate father, not that he was expected to be her father but she was hoping for someone she could cry on, someone who doled out advice, and someone who would be around for a bit. She missed her father.

Dear [member="Ember Rekali"]

Good Morning, least it is morning here on Rhun. Ari tells me that she has proposed that you adopt me, and that you have concerns regarding my understanding of what it would mean.

I don't understand all of it, though Faith has explained it to me several times. I guess I'm a bit hard headed. However I think it would be good for us to get to know one another, so that you know whether I have the quality of character, or endurance it would take to be considered a member of your Clan.

Right now I'm on Rhun trying to convince the Lord of Rhun that putting a Contessa store on Rhun would be a benefit. I've heard of a great place to get a burger on Mandalore, I will be heading there next. I'm hoping that I can learn about culture and expectations when I'm there.

So. What questions do you have for me?

Claire Organa

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Claire Organa"]

Good morning, Miss Organa. I suppose I should call you Claire.

I'll admit I was a little taken aback by the request. Adoption had all sorts of meanings in the Clan. I've never personally adopted anyone, but we, collectively, adopt thousands every year. I try and keep a personal connection with those who need it, or those who ask for it. I'm not a very -- how do I put this? I once had six children, Miss Organa. All of them were murdered at one point or another. The last death changed my outlook fundamentally. In the common parlance, I fell to the Dark Side. In some ways, I think I'm still healing.

I don't know that I can survive having another daughter, but I could use a friend. A cousin -- that's the term we use for each other in Clan Rekali. Most of the Clan has no blood relationship whatsoever. Nevertheless, we're family.

I'm sorry this got so personal, but I felt you should understand where I've been.

Ember

Dear Ember,

I understand a great deal actually. I had parents once, they raised me, faced hardships with me. I don't want to replace them. I just want someone I can turn to, I don't want to be alone. Victoria is my sister, and I love her but I can't help myself right now, and I don't know how to pull her out of where she is.

Anyhow.

I get it, you had children, and lost them all having more could just open up the possibility of being hurt again, and you don't want to replace those you loved. I do understand.

I don't mind personal it feels more real, more in touch than saying all the flowery niceties that some deem a necessity of life. I'm not very good at hiding things, I never had to, I don't want to.

Ari just wanted to bring us together because we've lost those we love, and yes to create a tie between your Clan and her House.

I'm sorry to ramble so, but your note has touched a nerve, and sparked the emotions that I've been doing my best to keep hold of.

Claire

[member="Ember Rekali"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Claire Organa"]

Then I think we understand each other a little, Claire.

I'm not one to talk about nothing. Maybe I can offer some help, or at least an ear, for what you're looking to overcome. Tell me about your sister -- you mention you don't know how to pull her out of her current emotional state or lifestyle. As it happens, I've had to deal with similar things. My oldest son and one of my daughters both became Sith Lords, at least for a time. I didn't know how to help them, either. In some ways we muddled through. In other ways -- well, these are the times when missteps can have radical consequences. Strange as it may seem coming from a Master of the Dark Side of the Force, don't make any crucial decisions in the moment of your reactive anger. Wait until you have a handle on that anger and the situation.

I happened to look over your company. Corporate affairs are another area where I might be able to offer some help. Though I'm not one for haute couture, people I trust tell me you have a bold and interesting taste in fashion. That speaks well for your future prospects. Have you thought about expansion?

Ember

Ember,

I wish you could see me smile right now to know that you understand.

Let me talk about Victoria first. She's become very withdrawn which I expected but she disappears for days where she was always so meticulous and prompt in helping with Contessa. I don't mind her taking time but it's that she becomes more with drawn. I think she could be doing drugs of some kind but I have no experience with them I don't know what to look for. I've tried spending time with her, letting her know she's not alone I'm still here. That she can stay with me that she always has me. She was so close to our mother I think she's just lost. I don't know what to do.

As for my business, I'm trying to yes. My trip to Rhun was a bust. But Fashion week is next week I might make some contacts there, and Marzena Choi is coming having her wear one of my dresses will give Contessa some visibility which could help.

I keep looking, with our move from Balmorra to Alderaan I've had to start all over in building a customer base. It is slow going but if you have any suggestion I'm all for listening.

Claire

Elijah,

I hope you don't mind my dropping a note to you. I wanted to express my thanks once again for your coming to get me from Balmorra. I was hoping that you would allow me to buy you dinner, or something that is a bit more personal than Faith's credits.

Do you think that is a possibility?

Claire Organa

[member="Ember Rekali"]
[member="Elijah Rekali"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom