Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello! Could I get help?

Greetings all! Been watching a lot of Star Wars items recently and I was just, hnnn, need some star wars roleplay. Found this via google.

Problem, though. I'd like to transfer a character here from a semi active/inactive board, but the character has certain ideals/goals I have always had planned for him, that I'd like to continue, here maybe. If an Admin could give me a private message or something, that would be better than spoiling it all here, thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to Chaos! I'm Chris, but most people around here call me Ven, since that was the name of my first character. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. We're a friendly bunch here. Weird, yeah, but friendly.

As for transferring your character, don't worry! You don't have to reveal to everyone what your character's goals are right away. Really, you don't have to let anyone know what you want to do until you do them. Generally that kind of stuff is just RPed out, but talking with other writers who want to get involved/who you want to get involved OOC is pretty common.

First though you'll want to take a gander at the character creation forum and the character creation rules. Since you're transferring your character, you'll want to talk to an RPJ (Roleplay Judge) or Admin if you want your character to keep their force rank. I guess I forgot to mention that you don't need staff approval if your character is an NFU.

If you're transferring a force user, then you'll need to provide 'proof' of their rank from the old site. This usually means giving a staff member a link or two to your old character's bio, their promotion thread, or something like that. If you can't find such they'll usually accept it if people on Chaos vouch for you (though that's only if they were on the same old site as you and know the character).

For general transfer stuff, I'd just take a look at the timeline so you can figure out how to best work your character into Chaos' universe. Once you know how he/she would fit into the site you can write up a character bio. After that, well, you can just go ahead and start writing. Continuing your character's ideas/goals should be just fine. As long as you don't blow up planets without permission (not that people really get permission to blow up planets anyway) or kill people's characters without their consent you should be good.

Hopefully this all makes sense. Like I said before, if you have anymore questions just ask. :)
[member="Galven Tiberius"]

The characters goals involve a few heavy things, not blowing up planets, killing essential or player characters, but it is something I prefer speaking to admins about. Thanks for the timeline link, I'd been looking at the other pages already.

Welcome to Chaos, if you need any help with anything factory related you can give me a PM and I'll have an answer to any question you might have right away - or you can ask here and I or another member of the factory staff will be able to assist you. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me here or send me a PM.

Best of luck, and have fun!

As for transferring characters, here are the steps that are taken to do so:
TRANSFERRING YOUR CHARACTER
  • Please list all role-plays at your previous board that are relevant.
  • Please list what roleplay board you're transferring from.
  • Please request your transfer in the Rank Title | Sub-Account Name Change thread.
[member="Galven Solomon"]

[member="B.I.A.N.C.A MK VII"]

That's where I'm a little confused... as to just how to request it. There isn't a title for Moff, if that's what I'm supposed to be requesting. Heh, sorry

Hi, I'm Bianca (the robot above your post) - a transfer is only necessary when transferring force user ranks, such as Knight or Master, and very few other things. NFUs have unlimited freedom as far as ranks, jobs, and so on go - the only real restrictions on characters is the ban on superweapons and certain technologies (such as Rakata, Celestial, and Gree) and the restriction on force ranks (all force users that are not transfers must start at apprentice-tier.)

I've quoted relevant rules for you below so you can peruse them at your own convenience, with a link to each page containing those rules and such with them.
  • Non-Force User characters may not start with the ability to wield a lightsaber.
  • Your character profile sheet does not require approval.
TRANSFERRING YOUR CHARACTER
Character Creation rules.
6. You may not destroy a celestial body (sun, planet, moon, etc.) in the SWRP Chaos Galaxy without prior permission from the SWRP Chaos Board Owner.

7. Superweapons are restricted to Staff-Approved Events and must be destroyed prior to the end of the event.
Role-play Rules
5. Be aware that some items and materials are restricted or banned and cannot be used freely. Be sure to consult the list before making a submission.
Factory & Codex Rules

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Um, I've read those, but I think I'm good? Sorry, terribly sorry. Just it feels like I'm all done, but all the quotes makes it feel like I've missed something and you're trying to point it out. I'm terribly slow on catching hints.

Oh oh oh oh oh. Forgive me, I thought this was the character thread. I get why you posted that now though I was answered that before. It was all a miscommunication and not paying attention on my behalf. I knew Transferring was allowed but I had a pretty massive idea I wanted to do for the character and did not know if I could do it. I did not realize the level of freedom on the site initially, sorry

Galven Solomon said:
I'm actually that bot :). I just wasn't sure what you were after until I re-read your posts again. [member="B.I.A.N.C.A MK VII"] is actually my writer account that I use for judging factory submissions in the Factory, where you can submit technology to various sections of it (or companies) to use in the board.

Nope. You can use your writer account as a character, and you can create as many subaccounts as you want for other characters or as an OOC account, just most people tend to use their writer account as their designated OOC account. You can create subaccounts by navigating to your profile and clicking the "CHARACTERS" button at the top right of your profile and then clicking "Add Subaccount" when the window opens. Each subaccount can be used for one character, and there is no limit on the amount of subaccounts so you can have as many characters as you'd like.

You also don't need to make any - I was using my writer account as my main character account without any subaccounts up until the new year (my profile says I joined Jan 15 2015, but my account was accidentally deleted and restored, so it's inaccurate.)

Youngblood - one of my favourite movies of all time (just don't ask me to rank them LOL*)

Anyhow - welcome to CHAOS and have fun :)

*Short and very uninteresting story :p

Here...have a gif...

tumblr_m76g9tXJNl1rosovg.gif

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Galven originally is born around 960 BBY, and was originally part of the Republic before transitioning into the Empire. He has a page of backstory, very uninteresting, and dull, page-length backstory. This roleplays era is near-clueless, to me.

Maybe I should discover Youngblood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom