Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello chaos!

Well this is it, no turning back. Hi, I'm very new to roleplaying in general coughfirsttimecough, but I am a star wars fan. I was wondering if there is anything I should know going into roleplaying. Anything helps.

Thanks!

[member="An unexpected guest"]

Welcome to the Chaos!

We've all been new and feeling scared so don't worry - we are here to make it easy, fun and get you enjoying your time here. We have Open Roleplay where ANYONE can join ANY thread and get right into a story, and we also have Private Roleplay which, obviously, is for individuals wishing to write together or in a group with no outside intervention, so stay away from those unless you create one yourself or are invited in!

First I'd recommend reading the Site Rules here:

http://starwarsrp.net/page/articles.html/_/role-play-rules/

It's a bit of read, but has lots of sections like Character Creation, General Rules etc that are pretty important and you get an idea of what to do / what not to do.

Read that, and then come back here and ask as many questions as you like if there's something you're not sure about.

We will be here to help you.

Alright i'm back. First of all, wow there is a lot more to this then I thought... Cool :). Second, do you use your main account as well as character subacounts for roleplay? Third, do ranks have any signifigance in roleplaying besides being an indicator of what your character does or is? lastly, when exactly does this roleplay take place?

Thanks

PS I'll keep the cookie advice to mind.

Yep. You can RP with your writer account as well as subaccounts.

Well, if you're a Force User, your rank shows what level of Force training you have. Other than that, I believe it merely represents your profession.

The timeline is currently centuries after the battle of Yavin. The galaxy experienced a horrible event known as the Gurlag Plague, which took out the majority of life. Those who were left repopulated and re-conquered and so forth until the galaxy became what it is today: Utter CHAOS.

Celty Ikon

Hammer-loving Scarf Pirate

By the way, use the little @mention button or "[member = 'character name']" (no spaces except for in the name) to tag people in your replies.

[member="Leo & Luna"]
Interesting, thanks for the response.
[member="Celty Ikon"]
And thank you for that useful bit of info.

Just one more thing, how do you join a faction?

Thanks!

Celty Ikon

Hammer-loving Scarf Pirate

No problem.

For factions, you gotta go to the "factions" tab in the upper right corner of your screen, and find the faction you want in the directory.

Darth Atrox

D

If it's cookies you want, join the Dark Side. *nudge* *nudge* *giant push*

Shia-LaBeouf-do-it-shias-everywhere-animated.gif

Andrea Kryze

Innocence and Killer Instinct
Welcome! I remember my first year role-playing ever. Unfortunately I learned some stuff the hard way, but after a bumpy start it's one of my favorite things to do! :) If you need any help or anything, feel free to ask!

Well, if you're a Force User, your rank shows what level of Force training you have. Other than that, I believe it merely represents your profession.
Not only that, it but it also determines what sort of Force Abilities you can learn/master as well. Some Force Abilities are naturally stronger than others meaning certain abilities would not be available to certain ranks until the character moves up the food chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom