Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Hellfire Missile Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspirational-Spaceship-conceptual-artwork-and-wallpapers-1dut-4.jpg

[SIZE=14.6667px]Image Source[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]http://1dut.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Inspirational-Spaceship-conceptual-artwork-and-wallpapers-1dut-4.jpg[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE]
  • Approved Keshiri Driveworks Customers
[SIZE=14.6667px]Other Approved Factions[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Manufacturer[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: Hoersch-Kessel Driveworks, [/SIZE]Keshiri Driveworks

[SIZE=14.6667px]Model[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: Hellfire Missile Cruiser[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Modularity:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] Limited[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]Shields[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]Payload[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Production[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: Minor[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Material[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: [/SIZE]
  • Turadium/Durasteel compound Frame
  • Double Layered Quadanium Shell
  • Transparisteel viewports with Durasteel shutter rigs
  • Reentry Lining layer
[SIZE=14.6667px]Classification[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: Heavy Cruiser[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Length[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: 1000 Meters[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Width[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: 110 Meters[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Height[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: 250 Meters[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Armament[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: 19[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]45 Warhead Launchers (90 Turbolasers)[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]55 Heavy Warhead Launchers (550 Turbolasers)[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]10 Heavy Quad Laser Cannons (20 Defensives)[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]10 Antimissile Octets (10 Defensives)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Defenses[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: 17[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Hangar[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: None[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Special Features[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Maneuverability Rating[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: 19[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Speed Rating[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: 19[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Hyperdrive Class[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: 3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]Hellfire - As its names suggest, the craft is meant to rain down fire on the desired target in the chosen form of its collective number of one hundred warhead launchers, designed to make most any shield buckle against the craft’s weapons. It covers a wide range at that with the missiles capable of being turned towards the desired location through onboard navigational systems. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]Fortress of Solitude - Designed for the purpose of sustaining damage as well as dealing it out to its enemies, the Hellfire boasts double layered shelling as well as redundant shielding. While this saps from its power going to its engines and as such slowing the ship, the replacement of that lost speed is evened out by the increase in its survivability. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]Support - It cannot boast any fighter compliments due to much of the space taken by the shielding and the weapons themselves. This means against assault craft it must rely on support craft or its minimal defensive weaponry to defend itself. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]Speed and Maneuverability - I mentioned above the hit on its speed, but as one would noticeably tell that hit is significant. Taking a strike against its speed and maneuverability to the point where it has to compete with ships twice its size in a comparison rather than those of its own category. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]No Energy based weaponry - All of the weapons (designed to attack other craft) are physical, thus making its versatility non-existant and creating a very single purpose weapon designed to take down and rip apart ship at closer ranges. This means the ship must come within a closer range than long range turbolasers, masers and ion cannons. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Description[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Outfitted with an Ejectable Hypermatter reactor, it is able to run on a significant powersource. The reason for its ejection system is due to the prior examples of sabotage pertaining to the reactor and its ability to be used as a weapon if overloaded against enemy vessels and forces. This is supported by a backup reactor which is designed to power life support, engines, and hyperdrive should the main reactor be dispatched of. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Following this is the supplements to the physical defense of the ship, its three shielding generators. The Ship is outfitted with three redundant layers of shielding, designed to give it constant and ample coverage against ion, physical and energy based weaponry, defending the hull and its payload from damage for as long as possible due to its speed being heavily weakened. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]A Fourth layer of shielding is applied, though it holds no normal defensive applications. The Rad-dampening shielding layer was implemented because of the worry that when the ejected reactor, either damaged by sabotage or overloaded, it could harm the crew of the ship. To combat this the radiation shielding was added. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Other than this, the ship boasts a one year supply of emergency rations, a three week supply of emergency air and carries a cargo of several thousand pounds of medicine, food, and other necessities.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]The ship is similarly crewed by about eight thousand individuals at any given time with two thousand dedicated security officers normally taking up its passenger count, though this can be replaced to fit the needs of the situation and include more medical personnel, engineers, or foreign dignitaries. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Development Thread:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] If needed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Intent[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]: To give a Torpedo Sphere like weapon designed to just rain missiles, torpedos and all kinds of explosives against enemy shields and targets. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Who Can Use This:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]First Order[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]Other Approved Factions[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Primary Source:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px](Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)[/SIZE]

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Solan Charr"]

Solan Charr said:
Classification: Heavy Cruiser

Solan Charr said:
Length: 800 Meters

Solan Charr said:
Armament: 19

Solan Charr said:
Defenses: 17

Solan Charr said:
Maneuverability Rating: 17

Solan Charr said:
Speed Rating: 17
to get these specifications you will need to fo 30 posts of development

Or balance them out in some way.

* you have a ship that is 20% smaller than max with well over max specs. While the speed and maneuvering are reduced it is not enough to balance out the armament and defense increase as is.
* while swapping out the missile launchers is cool you are far over the standard number of weapons.
* you have 80 defensive guns on a ship class that has 30 standard as max size.

standard on a full size heavy cruiser is armament 16 defense 16 for anything above that requires development or a clear decrease in another area. For armament and defense over the standard you will almost always need development. Bringing one down to let the other go high can get you past standard without development.

since this seems like an alpha strike ship I recommend bringing the defense rating down to 10 to makeup for the armament being 19 it will allow you to keep your current weapons load and armament rating.

Or make defense 12 and maneuvering 18 because the added mass would make it harder to maneuver at thrust.

the class 3 hyperdrive does not help much because it is not a large or heavy item. the issue is mass

[member="Reshmar"]

So ya... i screwed up a shit ton of stuff in my math for this one. I will be bumping up the Speed and Maneuver both to 19 to compensate for the increased Defense and Armament ratings. I will be dropping the Defensive weapons alot. (Because for some reason, i thought it had mean 30 Quad Laser Cannons as 120 Laser Cannons... which makes sense until i realize that all my defensives don't match a laser cannon) and ya... telll me if it still needs some debuffing once i get the edits in.

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Solan Charr"] A quadlaser cannon counts the same as a point defense laser for capital ships. My thinking is quadlasers are reduced power and dual linked so its not like all 4 lasers are firing at once they fire in twos. Point defnese lasers to me would have a high rate of fire and a bit more power to compensate for the single barrel. This is not anything official just How I view them. On vehicles and fighters a quad laser would be a bit more powerful than a laser canon. to me anyway. I guess I look at point defense lasers as a heavier mount than standard lasers. Thats how I see it anyway :)

The defense still needs to come down a bit even with the speed and maneuvering. They help but to push both armament and defense above 16 will need some development. Make defense 14 and it is good to go.

for armament 19, defense 17 I will ask for 20 posts of development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom