Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Heart of a Lily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sea.Gem_.Pendant.jpeg

Image Source: sierramoongoldsmiths.com
Intent: A personal pendant necklace for Lily Kuhn
Development Thread: Out in The Cold
Manufacturer: Lily Kuhn
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Lily Kuhn
Modularity: Chain may be replaced.
Production: Unique
Material:
  • Alchemized Gold
  • Alchemized Silver
  • Viridian Crystal
  • Focus Crystals
Special Features:
  • Enhanced Focus - While the amulet is worn or in physical contact with someone the focusing crystals aid the owner in staying more in-tune with the force when expending stamina in the use of force abilities, altered through alchemy to effect only Sith Magic, "Witch" magic, and alchemy, intended primarily for the latter of the three.
  • Empowered Concentration - Like the ancient talismans of concentration of old, the "Heart of a Lily" acts to greatly amplify the owner's ability to manipulate the force, consigned primarily to the aforementioned force traditions, specifically intended to aid in alchemy. Due to the nature of drawing on a massive portion of the wearer's reserves, regardless of how large those might be, this would quickly exhaust the wielder after a single use and thus inadvisable in combative or similar situations as it could be potentially fatal in application.
  • Lightsaber Resistant - Though not, clearly, intended to be worn like armor, if someone were to get their hands on the amulet from Lily Kuhn they would find that destroying it with a lightsaber would likely be largely more difficult than anticipated due to the use of Sith alchemy.
Description:
A rather pretty pendant necklace, this piece of jewelry was made and designed by Lily Kuhn to both be aesthetically pleasing and serve a purpose when using the force. The Focus crystals were studded within the alchemized gold flame that held the Viridian crystal in place. The use of Sith alchemy on these crystals and the gold itself allowed the effects of what was generally pronounced in a lightsaber to be present by wearing the crystal - a rather elementary process that most alchemists found simple. The cord that holds the pendant as a necklace is made of alchemized silver which serves to act as the gold does, linking the wearer and the focusing effects of the crystals. As with focusing crystals present in lightsabers, focusing crystals helped the wearer stay in-tune with the force and enhanced their focus with it, a practice which aids amateur and novice force users. The Viridian crystal itself, however, was exposed to Sith alchemy in the same manner as a Sith amulet would be, acting to increase the effects of 'magic' force traditions. Due to the fact that the use of this amulet causes great stress and fatigue, it would be unwise and potentially fatal.
Primary Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_amulet

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]
Looks good and I like it. The only bits I can see are the sith amulet powers. That plus the alchemy, albeit minor... I'll ask for a quick 10 post dev thread or 500+ word blog. Your call on that which.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Yikes, ask for a quick ten, get nearly 30 lol wonder what happens if I ask for a 50 post thread...

Anyways, looks good. Approved pending secondary. Abuse and Popo will visit you riding on a trail of taco bell.

I love the trinket, but just wanted some clarification on the description.

Lily Kirsche Kuhn said:
While the Viridian crystal served almost no purpose other than being used as a rather nice green gem, the Focus crystals were studded within the alchemized gold flame that held the Viridian crystal in place.

Lily Kirsche Kuhn said:
The Viridian crystal itself, however, was exposed to Sith alchemy in the same manner as a Sith amulet would be, acting to increase the effects of 'magic' force traditions.

These two statements seem to contradict each other, could you please clarify it in your description?

And I see that it increases the effect of "magic" force traditions? Like Sith magic only? or are we talking Witch magic too?

And what are the limitations?

Sith Amulets have specific bonuses, like healing, or channeling dark side power into beams of lethal energy. Others were protective that could repel weapons of fire, force effects, or even lightsabers depending on the focus and strength of the wearer. Others would help understand ancient Sith Text.

That sort of thing. If it increases the effect of Sith Magic, how does it do so?

[member="Cira"]
Having some technical difficulties on my phone, I have a specific canon example of what I meant. I will fix the discrepancy, I had decided on the second idea after I wrote that first bit and forgot about it.

Cira said:
And I see that it increases the effect of "magic" force traditions? Like Sith magic only? or are we talking Witch magic too?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talisman_of_concentration
Through physical contact with the talisman, the Sith sorcerer's ability to manipulate the Force was amplified while they focused all of their will on the execution of a desired effect.
I specified magic stuff because I intend to focus Lily on Alchemy and similar Sith Magic stuff, and branch into "Witch" magic, but I can clarify it works for other areas of the force. This is intended to be used in mentioning during future development threads for other alchemical works, and like any Talisman of concentration isn't exactly usable in battle or similar situations.

Ok. So the type of Sith amulet this will be is a talisman of concentration.

"Concentration talismans were rarely used in battle due to the extreme exhaustion that afflicted the wielder following successful use of the device"

As such, please add these limitations for a talisman of concentration within your description.

Please also list the special features of this amulet in a list format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom