Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech HDT-O1

Status
Not open for further replies.
turret_wip_2_by_deltacadimus-d31jla5.jpg

Image Source: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Turret-WIP-2-183992189
Intent: Hopefully an eyecatcher for the Company, a gun emplacement to help defend bases, structures, territories, etc in battles.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Corona S&S
Model: Omega line, Omega 1 (HDT: Hardened Defense Turret)
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel
Classification: Fixed Emplacement Turret
Size: Stationary
Length: 5 meters
Weight: 2,500 kg
Ammunition Type: Power Converter/Charger
Ammunition Capacity: Unlimited (power generator)
Effective Range: 10,000 meters
Rate of Fire: Charged, takes 5 seconds to charge each shot
Special Features:
Deflector Shields
Inertial Compensator (When taking direct hits from slug/kinetic weapons)
Communications Array
Communication Encryption Equipment
Wide Range Sensors
Long Range Sensors
Targeting Sensors
Description: The HDT O1 requires 3 crew members to operate, keep in check, cool, and reset. It's similar to the classic Hoth Turret DF.9, except HDT Omega line is for anti-vehicles. With upgraded weaponry and systems software in compared to the Hoth Dish Turret, its charge time can be shortened, and in some cases, is shorter, but it can not fire until fully charged. On an average battlefield, the turret is fine and relaxes well, but if it becomes rapidly over used it can overheat and overload the charging mechanism. When used enough, the compartment can become heated as well, which might become hazardous to living and non-living crew members. Its damage capabilities are compared to the Hoth Dish Turret, with nearly twice as much damage. It's designed to have the crew compartment under ground, either set on a hill and/or within an armored platform, giving more protection than the DF.9 offered.

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Menka Guga said:
Molecular Shields (can convert absorbed power into quickening charges)

Menka Guga said:
Effective Range: 20,000 meters

Menka Guga said:
Production: Minor

Being a type of blaster cannon/laser cannon the range is going to need to be cut much lower, as they have far reduced range compared to that of normal projectiles, and with the inclusion of Molecular shields I will need to see at least 20 posts of development and reduction in production to limited.

[member="Bianca"]

I can work with this, Molecular is a pretty high up there shielding, I should have thought about it.
Removing Molecular.

I'm sorry, I based the range on the DF.9 and not the Hoth Dish Turret. I'll put it at 10,000 meters, but is it possible I could put around 12,000 meters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom