Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haylee, Ezra [callsign: prophet]

'Do you ever wonder whether there are other people like us out there... I mean, far away, doing what we do... Fighting wars like we do...?'
i27HRN5.png
mNM1kCs.png
[NAME] Haylee, Ezra.
[AGE] Fifteen.
[SEX] Male.
[SPECIES] Firrerreo
[AFFILIATION] The One Sith.
[RANK] Cadet.
[CALLSIGN] Prophet.
[EXPERTISE] Information gathering, Infiltration, Piloting.
[FORCESENSITIVE] Yes, no formal training.
Rosgddb.png
Ezra is, in many respects, average for his age. From top down he is as clean cut as he can be despite a mane of platinum blonde hair that he cant seem to tame and his race's notably sharp canine teeth. In truth, the only thing that sets him apart from his fellow cadets is the subtle golden hue to his skin, a calling card of his Firrerreo heritage. The boy stands roughly five feet, five inches tall and with his soft eyes and boyish features could easily be mistaken for two or three years younger than he is. Ezra is naturally built slim but has attended military academies and institutions from a young age, which has resulted in a markedly toned physique for his age. In general, Ezra prefers his military uniform and Imperial regalia to civilian clothes because he feels most at home as part of the military institution. Because of the nature of his position however, Ezra is often called upon to disguise himself and therefore his appearance can drastically change with the constant aid of contact lenses, hair dye and fashion style. Few people outside of his fellows in the Military actually know what Ezra looks like without some sort of major alteration.

Ezra carries himself with composure and grace. If anybody were to serve as the example for the product of military institution, Ezra would be it. He is polite and respectful, understands his position in the machine, follows orders and is fiercely loyal. Combined with his race's unique strength and phenomenal healing factor, this makes Ezra a near-ideal soldier.

kPgj36W.png

As a product of the military, Ezra is proficient in most forms of ranged combat with weapons that appear in Imperial barracks as well as the Sith Navy and Military martial style. Due to his race, Ezra is much stronger than many of his peers which means he can transport and fire heavier weapons than most soldiers would be able to without slowing him down or risking major injury. Carrying on with his lineage, there is another major ability that he acquired simply by blood. The Firrerreo healing factor is a potent tool for combat and allows Ezra to fight for much longer and against greater odds than those without a similar method of sustain. He can regenerate minor wounds in seconds to minutes and major, even life-threatening wounds become only hours of recovery time. As long as Ezra avoids deadly blows and total obliteration, he can usually continue to carry out his orders. This is not to say Ezra is a particularly noteworthy combatant. He's a good soldier but he still needs training and he's still young enough that he will make mistakes from time to time. Though his species affords him more room to misstep than say, a normal human, he's by no means anything special in a firefight or all out brawl.

Besides the skills that are more strictly classified as combat skills, Ezra also has some more subtle tools at his disposal. By and large, Ezra was trained to eventually become a spy and as such, is a trained liar. Ezra is very talented at spinning myth, faking sincerity and emulating emotions almost flawlessly. It is possible that some of his latent Force sensitivity aids him in this deception, though it may just be a natural aptitude for acting. Very skilled empaths will probably sense insincerity during times when he puts forward strong emotion as a false response but in general his skill in deception is placed squarely in the nuance of his lies, the way the pitch of his speech changes slightly, how he moves his eyes, what he does with his body down to each individual finger movement is meticulously planned out to appear as 'in character' as possible at all times. This was his training and dropping the facade for even a fraction of a second is the difference between life and death. The sheer amount of mental fortitude required to maintain what is essentially an entire second persona on top of his own would make it nearly impossible for him to manipulate the force in any meaningful way even if he had been formally trained as an Acolyte. It is worth noting that although he was never formally trained, he displays enough 'obvious' Force sensitivity that any trained Jedi or Sith could sense as much with relative ease.

Perhaps a skill, perhaps a personality trait is Ezra's ability to form a unique sort of disconnect with himself when he needs to maintain a persona other than his own. Simply pretending is not enough when dealing with the deception of skilled Force users as at least some genuine emotion must be present to plant the seed of doubt when another tries to discern true intent. Ezra almost creates entire people in his head when he acts and creates a fissure between his persona and theirs, allowing them, almost, to exist in some far corner of his mind as a separate entity. Ezra uses this distance to observe and regulate his persona's responses rather than control them directly even though he is in control of his own body, almost like a puppeteer who is also his puppet, Ezra painstakingly controls the external impulses and limits information as it comes through while he allows the emotions of these highly developed personas to act on instinct. This peppers his lies with spots of actual truth and even though no deception is entirely perfect, these sincerity markers can serve as enough to make individuals who may otherwise doubt him, instead doubt their own instincts or observations as they will inevitably come across something they will discern as true. In speaking with Sith sorcerers and mystics during his training, Ezra has heard that this can be confusing for them. This is, of course, a double edged sword because that confusion can lead to rash responses which could put Ezra in dangerous, even life-threatening situations. It's a risky gambit but Ezra prefers it to 'standard' deceptions.

Of course these may sound like very useful skills for a spy to have, Ezra is still young and despite a life of Imperial grooming, maintaining deep personae or too many in the unique way that Ezra does can result in frequent mental breakdowns and, of course, as with any deep cover there is the possibility of going too 'deep' into a persona, forgetting small pieces of one's self in the process. Ezra is usually careful to find some time to release tension and take breaks from his personae regularly before the stress becomes too much for him.

Ld20TQL.png

"I'm not sure what to say to be honest. I've met a lot of other soldiers in the Academy and I've even met a few Sith, mostly Acolytes my age but still. I guess what I've noticed about them is that more often than not, they share one thing in common: Tragedy. I'd like to tell you that my parents died before I could remember, that I've cared for myself my whole life and dedicated myself to the military to avenge my family... But I can't. My life hasn't been defined by cataclysm. My mother, Arianne Haylee is the headmistress of the Military Academy that I attended when I first began my training, she's a retired naval pilot and most of the time I've spent cared for by parents was by her. My father is an officer in the Imperial army, Colonel Asa Haylee. He's away a lot but he doesn't get anywhere near actual combat these days. I suppose you could say my family has a pedigree in Imperial Military matters.

I spent much of my childhood at my Mother's academy, learning how to one day become a soldier. I quickly learned that I excelled in intelligence and espionage so I was transferred to a different school a little after my tenth birthday. Where I ended up is where I learned most of what I'm good at now and though I wasn't the most prodigious graduate, I did pass my courses a year early.

I wish there was more to tell you but I'm afraid that my story isn't particularly unique.

My name is Ezra Haylee, I am an Imperial spy and I will be defined by my actions, not by my stories.

Long live the Sith."

CREDITS TO​
Aldnoah Zero - Art.​
Teen Mecha Tropes.​
AUTHOR'S NOTE​
I'm not big on character profiles so it's perhaps a bit bare bones. I prefer to find where my characters end up as I write, not before I write.​
Just ask and I'll beef it up if it's not okay.​

[member="hi im prophet"]

How dare you not write up a fifty page report on things your character has done in the past that are technically irrelevant to future RP.

how-dare-you.gif

The thing is beautiful. I look forward to RPin with ya in the OS. If ya want some fun with shadow games, let me know. Could use a NFU in the assassins and an informant/techy/what ever those guys are called when they control situations. Overwatch? I don't remember the term.

hi im prophet said:

I'm not big on character profiles so it's perhaps a bit bare bones longer than any bio most people write. I prefer to find where my characters end up as I write, not before I write.​
Just ask and I'll beef it up if it's not okay.​
FTFY and trust me my bios are like 2 paragraphs. The only times I exceed it is if I want an interesting background :p

Darth Ferus said:
The thing is beautiful. I look forward to RPin with ya in the OS. If ya want some fun with shadow games, let me know. Could use a NFU in the assassins and an informant/techy/what ever those guys are called when they control situations. Overwatch? I don't remember the term.
I'm down to do whatever. I'm never sure where to start though. Obviously the character suits more espionage or political intrigue type stories than combat right now so perhaps I can find some information to gather or some institution to infiltrate. Should I join the OS group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom