Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child [SPOILERS]

Well, after a very long Harry-Potter-less void, we have finally been given the gift of another installment.

harry-potter-8th-book-releasing-2016.jpg

I for one thought it was brilliant and very fulfilling, although I'd honestly have preferred it be in story format. Anyway, since my family hasn't gotten round to reading it yet and I need to get all my thoughts out, I figured I could turn the forum for a discussion.

Let the madness ensue!

Erm. So. I haven't actually seen the play yet or even gotten the book. But I've seen some snippets on the net and... Can we talk about the trolley lady for a second? Is that an actual thing now? Wtf? [member="Mara Sedaya"]

Incase you don't know what I'm talking about:
sub-buzz-2262-1470082595-1.jpg

also this.

sub-buzz-16115-1470082454-3.jpg

[member="Jen"]

Yep. Apparently the trolley lady has spiky hands and can make Pumpkin Pasties into grenades. I haven't seen the play yet - only read the script - but I am very much looking forward to seeing how they do the more ludicrous magic on a stage.

[member="Mara Sedaya"]

Scorpious was absolutely amazing, and so was the idea at least of he and Albus perusing a relationship beyond just good friends. Harry came off as very disrepectful. "I'm sorry Minerva, but you never had any children." As if she hasnt watched over generations of children including you Potter!

I didnt much care for the excessive time travel, I thought the rumor of Scorpious being the son of Voldermort was an excellent myth. People believe his family are still loyal death eaters and send his mother back in time to have the "honor" of carrying the heir of Voldemort into the future....awesome.

Something I thought strange was no one seemed to do a fact check on Mr. Diggory. Knowing families and bloodlines seems to be a prominent thing in Wizarding culture... especially with pureblood house holds who seem to know who is pure or muddled. No one thought thats strange Mr. Diggory says he has a niece, when a majority of people would know the lineage of the Diggorys if not for typical gossip of all Wizarding families would know he and his wife had no siblings....but mostly because his son was the first public and official death during the return of Voldemort, know one at any time would be interested to know more about Cedric Diggory's life including who would still be alive to tell the masses of curious people.

Scorpios choosing to pursue a relationship with Rose at the end was just as forced as Captain America kissing his 90 year old ex girlfriend's grand-niece during Captain America Civil War and not proclaiming his love for Bucky.

Scorpious spends YEARS with his only friend in the world Albus who also has no other friends. They comfort each other, hug, and get jealous when someone else (specifically a girl) is showing interest in the other. And Rose treats both of them like invisible trash, Scorpious more so and after all their joy and suffering together...he still chooses Rose? Why?

I believe at some point when Scorpious returns to Albus after being in the Dark Timeline where he was basically a champion, he says "I gave up my kingdom for you..." ALBUS WAKE UP! or at least be straight (pun not intended) with Scorpious that you're not into him that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom