Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Hardekoe Dhracoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.5681_0-1284.jpg
Image Source: http://www.bron.pl/ruger

Intent: To create a Slugthrower Pistol for Ydrin.
Development Thread: If necessary.
Manufacturer: Ydrin.
Model: D-78 Slugthrower Revolver Pistol
Affiliation: Personal (Ydrin)
Modularity: Yes. A sight can be added to the top of the barrel.
Production: Production: Unique.
Material: Durasteel, Wood.
Size: Handheld.
Length: 28.9cm.
Weight: 1.1kg.
Ammunition Type: .117 Calibre Bullets.
Ammunition Capacity: 6.
Effective Range: 150m.
Rate of Fire: Single Action.
Special Features: N/A.
Description: This is a simple Revolver Pistol designed and forged by Ydrin. It can hold a maximum of 6 .177 rounds and has a maximum range of 410m. The maximum velocity of this Revolver is 760m/s. The gun is made of a simplistic design with no engraves and no extra parts. The barrel and frame is made out of silver shined Durasteel with a polished wooden grip.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Braith Achlys"]

The Range is meant to be 350m, that much I can remember of my thought process when I wrote this while half asleep. Can you please explain my mistake with the velocity? By my calculations I have the right velocity, meaning whatever mistake I'm making I keep making.

[member="Ydrin"]
Effective range is the range at which the projectile is most effective, and at 232 m/s your effective range is going to be dropping considerably.

Over the course of time lapsed between when the bullet leaves the barrel (muzzle velocity of 232 m/s) it will drop considerably over time, generally by 60 m/s in the first second after leaving the barrel, and by about 12 m/s for every second following. The maximum range of this is likely going to be around 350-500 meters, yes, but the effective range is where it is most accurate/effective.

Realistically you can increase the velocity to 760 m/s (as there are real-world rounds of this size which achieve the same, or higher, velocities), but the effective range is still going to be minimal because you are restricted by how far you can see, and how accurate the weapon is from that range. A handgun is always going to be less effective in range than a rifle.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Thank you for the reply, I see now where I went wrong. I forgot to take into consideration the decrease in speed and the fact that I was after the Effective Range, not Maximum.

The following Edits have been made:
  • I have changed Effective Range to 150m
  • I have (in the description) made clear that the range mentioned is the Maximum
  • The Velocity has been changed to the one you provided above (760m/s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom