Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Half) Year in Review

Hello! As of today, I've been writing here for six months, and I figured with some things on my end winding down, what better excuse to try and pry for some feedback? I've never done RP like this before, but I'm glad to say I've really enjoyed my time on the site so far. But, it would be nice to go forward with a bit of insight from others, I think. I wouldn't exactly call myself well-networked here just yet, so I don't expect much, but anything is appreciated : )

I'm open to feedback or criticism of any kind really. Whether it's on one of my characters, me as a writer, or even just me! It's useful to hear from opinions outside one's own, and I handle criticism pretty well provided its constructive. Of course, if you've got something a little more personal (good or bad) to say, PMs on here or discord are great as well, either way I wanna hear it if you wanna say it.

So with that, let me know how I'm doing! If anyone had been harboring a secret desire to absolutely tear me asunder and accost me on a public forum, here's your chance!

I've only had the pleasure of writing with you a little bit, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I can say that you are an excellent roleplayer who knows when to give and take and how to make things dramatic. So you win kudos on that front from me. Your writing is excellent, as well, and Amani is a well-rounded character with a lot of potential.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

I've never had the pleasure, unfortunately. Maybe we should rectify this!

But! But! I have had a flick through a lot of your roleplay's that you have linked on your Bio and I have to say, I'm impressed. I'll echo what Barrien said above, the character herself is very much well rounded and could go a lot of different ways. You seem to be very happy to do whatever it takes to tell a good story and that's the most important thing, short of actual writing, which is very very good.

Overall, I'm very much looking forward to watching this character develop!

I remember when you first joined. I glimpsed your threads to see you writing choppy paragraphs of a timid character. Not that there's anything WRONG with that, but if you take your first few threads of that writing style and compare it to now, you see marked differences in:
  • writing quality
  • character personality
  • and character presence

You drive your own action, and while your character is shy and more apt to refer to others with more experience, she also KNOWS who she is. She has veins of strength and confidence to offset this weakness, and she challenges things-- All these things flesh her out from a wall flower to a believable 3d girl making her way in a big and scary galaxy

Fam you literally BLEW me away when I pulled up a new thread a month later and saw the growth in your writing. You went from choppy to fluid all in a month. You've found your jive. I flat out went to Raziel (Acaadi) and was like "How can I tell him how amazing his writing has gotten without making it seem like where he started wasn't good too??? Because he NEEDS to hear how fricken noticeable his effort is."

I say keep up this effort, cause the thing that makes you stand apart from the rest to me is how willing you are to write your own story inside the story given. Keep that up, that kinda presence in a scene is exactly what makes relationships feel alive and 3D in an rp.

You golden

Jsc

Disney's Princess
giphy.gif

Congrats on six months! And welcome to the madhouse! You're doing great. :D :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom