Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hakora Shin's Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: Photobucket
Intent: A personal armor for Hakora Shin
Development Thread: He is going to find it in this thread.
Manufacturer: Darth Malek (modified over the years)
Model: Custom
Affiliation: Sith, Darth Revan, The Order of the Grey
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Matrix armor for shape and under protection mixed with Mandalorian Armor for strength. Above that is an armor weave that is unique and through the force is almost living.
Description: An armor worn by the Lord of the Sith named Darth Revan in 3956 BBY. After his death at the hands of Revan, Revan took the armor in memory of his former padawan. Revan made modifacations to the armor by adding a blast shield to the head stock that did not slide, but retract into the chin guard. Over the years he would let his number one padawans use it and so it began to take damage and normal wear and tare and even loose shape. With the help of the greatest armor maker of that time, he repaired it into something more powerful. To return the armor’s shape he made the first layer made of Matrix and Mandalorian Armor to return the shape and give it more defense while still making it body fitting for increased flexibility. Then he replace the armorweave itself with a armor developed by the Armorweaer that would react to the force. If the used wearing it was in tune with the force and the armor took damage the armor would repair itself. The armor only repairs the outside weave, but not the under armor made of mandalorian and matrix armor. This feature meant that wear and tear or blaster burns and lightsaber cuts would repair itself. This feature is seen in the Dev Thread when Hakora finds the armor it is damaged and looks old, but puts it on and it becomes like new. The armor also has an inherit Dark Side due to it’s past. This does not corrupt the wear or require the wearer to be a dark side user. It does, however, effect appearance by changing the eyes of the wearer to a glowing yellow and hair to jet black while the armor is on.
Classification: Multi-purpose
Weight: Due to the Madalorian Iron it is heavy, but the matrix armor in the joint areas and mixed in with the Madalorian armor makes it lighter. 20KG
Quality: 9 Has the strength of Madalorian Armor, but the Matrix armor does weaken it a tad.
Special Features:
Former Sith Lord armor
Dark side appearance change (makes eyes yellow and hair jet black)
Outside surface armor is self repairing as long as the wearer is force sensitive. Repairs ALL surface damage, but if the underarmor is damaged it must be repaired by hand. This feature is merely to insure the armor will always look in tip top shape.
- Armor is very strong, but is made in a way that gives the users the flexibility and agility of medium armor.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Hakora Shin"]

Firstly, this is not a Canon item and disregards a lot of established Canon in it's creation. I'll need all mentioned of Darth Malak and Darth Revan removed. Next Mandalorian Iron/Beskar is a restricted material, and we require a dev thread in order to use it in a submission. Thirdly Matrix Armor is as heavy, if not heavier than Mandalorian Iron, and unless you have separate plating of matrix vs beskar then the combination isn't really something we'd allow unless you submitted a Matrix Armor-Beskar Alloy in the factory in an individual submission. Next, the healing process you describe is more akin to Lamininium than anything wrought of the Force, and there aren't really any Canon ways to imbue a piece of armor to the point where it will heal itself if damaged. If you were to do a substantial dev thread with a master Sith Alchemist(of which I can name 2, perhaps 3 on the board) where the alchemist imbued the Laminium property onto another metal that'd be acceptable, but otherwise I'm going to have to ask you to drop all mention of it. Next, your weight. You mention the armor is 20kg(which arguably is too light if this is Matrix Armor + Beskar plating) but then mention it's heavy armor. An additional 44 pounds on your body is not light, and very restrictive. You would nowhere near the agility you describe if you were wearing it. Lastly your Dev thread. Though there are no concrete rules per se on dev threads(other than they be completed before submission unless requested during submission) we generally require either a 10+ post thread with quality or a larger solo-thread with high word count and quality. What you've linked me too is a thread where you've posted twice, once asking for food and once sensing something in the mountain, while others discuss the Jensaarai. I see no effort put in towards the acquisition of this amor throughout the thread.

As it stands without substantial edits I'm going to have to deny this armor, and without substantial dev threads I'm can't approve it.

A few things I would like to add and I rather do it in submission. In the Dev thread he hasn't broken away to go find it yet, but I was wanting to submit so he could find it.

I researched Darth Malek's armor and according go the wiki there is no mention of it except it probably was destroyed with the star forge. Where canon leaves out you can fill in, that is how non canon sometimes becomes canon.

I looked up matrix armor and from what I read it seemed light and mainly for show and blaster protection. I'll look back into it.

As to the force healing, I did a horrible job explaining the concept. Looking at the armor it has large weaves, now imagine if a spot got destroyed. The force is infused into the armor from the user which would make the weaves move to replace it and grow new weaves like muscle.

I shall do what it takes to get this made, but I needed a sith for the armor to belong to and that armor looks a lot like Darth Malek's armor so it only makes sense.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Hakora Shin"]

Hakora Shin said:
In the Dev thread he hasn't broken away to go find it yet, but I was wanting to submit so he could find it.
You're thinking backwards. Dev thread need to be completed before submission, no matter what the content of the dev thread is.

Hakora Shin said:
I researched Darth Malek's armor and according go the wiki there is no mention of it except it probably was destroyed with the star forge. Where canon leaves out you can fill in, that is how non canon sometimes becomes canon.
This doesn't happen. If canon does not mention it it is not true. Otherwise the board would be littered with "Darth ___'s lightsaber." "Jedi Master ____'s robes." with nebulous qualities, a thing we work hard to avoid.

Hakora Shin said:
I looked up matrix armor and from what I read it seemed light and mainly for show and blaster protection. I'll look back into it.
The only mention of Matrix Armor is in Kotor II. The armor itself provides a strong defense bonus but allows no dexterity bonus to go to your defense. While 'gametech' and 'stats' don't translate into an RP environment considering that the dexterity bonus to defense is your chance of dodging a hit, along with the description mentioning that Matrix Armor is a heavy alloy used in the construction of starfighters, but can, at the cost of expense and weight, be made into a plate armor I have no idea where you would have gotten this from.

Hakora Shin said:
As to the force healing, I did a horrible job explaining the concept. Looking at the armor it has large weaves, now imagine if a spot got destroyed. The force is infused into the armor from the user which would make the weaves move to replace it and grow new weaves like muscle.
Yes, this is an extremely powerful effect and as stated previously would require the work of a Master Alchemist in order to conduct.

Hakora Shin said:
I shall do what it takes to get this made, but I needed a sith for the armor to belong to and that armor looks a lot like Darth Malak's armor so it only makes sense.
Firstly you don't 'need' to have your armor previously owned by anybody. If anything all taking someone else's armor does is ensure it's a more difficult fit.

Overall due to an over-powered concept, lack of dev threads, and a seeming intent to change Canon in order to use a big name to justify the creation of a super-armor I'm going to Deny this submission. Should you feel this denial was unwarranted or you wish this to be judged by someone else please fill out a form in the Second Chance thread linking this submission and why you feel it should be rejudged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom