Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hafrogen Alloy

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
mTLN3dd.png
Image Source: http://i.imgur.com/mTLN3dd.png
Intent: to develop a new alloy that can withstand massive amounts of heat and lightsabers
Development Thread: if requested
Manufacturer: Inquisition Industries™, Inquisition Industries™ arms
Model: Hafrogen Alloy
Affiliation: open market
Modularity: other elements can be introduced to give the compound different effects
Production: Mass
Material: Hafnium, Carbon, Nitrogen
Description: The exotic alloy, which is a combination of metal hafnium, carbon and nitrogen, would only begin to melt into a liquid at temperatures of more than 4,126°C (7,460°F) - two thirds the temperature of the surface of a yellow sun. With it's high melting point this metal is very effective at stopping lightsabers in it's tracks. Not only that but this alloy could be the new helping hand in many new pieces of technology and inventions. It is the perfect alloy to use on ships that will be dealing with high speed re entry, thrusters that burn extremely hot and for long duriations and other ship systems that get exposed to high tempretures.

Although where heat is an advantage there are some minor set backs. If not properly treated and looked after the metal will oxidize relatively fast causing it to rust, crack and fall apart. Not only that if used for armor it is not very effective against slugthrowers or blunt weapons. The metal it's self is a rather light compound and useful in thick plating. The alloy is almost black but with a white pearlescent effect giving it a more silver tone. With having such special properties Inquisition industries has the formula of this alloy under lock and key meaning in order to use the metal it has to be purchased.

Primary Source:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3178616/Have-scientists-invented-real-life-adamantium-New-alloy-highest-melting-point-known-substance-4-126-C.html

http://www.gizmag.com/material-new-record-melting-point/38637/

Sanya Val Swift said:
Development Thread: if requested

Sanya Val Swift said:
With it's high melting point this metal is very effective at stopping lightsabers in it's tracks.

Sanya Val Swift said:
The metal it's self is a rather light compound. Eg. 1.0g of durasteel = 0.6g of Hafrogen if cut to the same dimensions. This makes it easier to use thicker plating with slight more ease

Sanya Val Swift said:
Production: Mass
No lightsaber material is going to be approved at mass production, especially with no development, and especially when it is far less dense than durasteel (60% density). At limited production I would like to see a minimum of 40 posts of development done to create/develop/research this material, and varying degrees less from there.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Braith Achlys"] (still willing to do the dev and work just to say)

With keeping it saber resistant is there any way it can be tweaked to been accepted to mass (not for now but future). Honestly this isn't going to be a material where people can just use it in submissions I really do wanna see it on the names of restricted materials (with it's own quirky challenge) but for those going to use it a development is going to be needed to use it. I asked Spencer about me adding a challenge to it but she said that is up to the judges to add them.

Either way this is just an alternative material to beskar in peoples eyes but for me it's a material that can be used for products that require to withstand massive amounts of heat.

As you have said 40 for limited but for future references how many posts of dev would I need to get it up one per term?

Sanya Val Swift said:
[member="Braith Achlys"] (still willing to do the dev and work just to say)

With keeping it saber resistant is there any way it can be tweaked to been accepted to mass (not for now but future). Honestly this isn't going to be a material where people can just use it in submissions I really do wanna see it on the names of restricted materials (with it's own quirky challenge) but for those going to use it a development is going to be needed to use it. I asked Spencer about me adding a challenge to it but she said that is up to the judges to add them.

Either way this is just an alternative material to beskar in peoples eyes but for me it's a material that can be used for products that require to withstand massive amounts of heat.

As you have said 40 for limited but for future references how many posts of dev would I need to get it up one per term?
It will not be acceptable at mass production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom