Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech H.T.E. Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWomRSs.jpg

Image Source: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/showthread.php?14348-Sniper-Rifle
Intent: To Create a Sniper Rifle
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: House Tul Estates
Model: H.T.E. Sniper Rifle
Affiliation: Open market
Modularity: No
Production: Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, blaster components
Classification: Blaster
Size: Hand Held
Length: 1 meter
Weight: 11kg
Ammunition Type: Power cell
Ammunition Capacity: 5 Blaster Shots
Effective Range: 750 meters
Rate of Fire: Single action
Special Features: Targeting Scope can see in all light spectrum, and heat as well.
Silence shots

Description: The sniper rifle was designed to cut down enemy troops at range, without letting the shooter position to be known. This is done by the range, and the a built in anti flash and silencer system. So when the rifle fires there is no sound ether due to a silencer, this made it harder to locate the sniper position. The person who uses the weapon has to try still, as like all long range weapons the slightest move can make the user miss the mark. The magazine carries only enough power for five powerful blaster shots, these shots could pierce light armour vehicle and shoot the driver on the other side of it. Though each reload of shot requires twenty seconds for the rifle to re-energize, before it could fire again.

Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Elaine Thul said:
Manufacturer: House Thul Estates
Same thing as with the last submission
Elaine Thul said:
Effective Range: 2000 meters
For whatever reason, blaster's aren't terribly good at long ranges. the longest common blaster range that I know of is the E-Web, which has a maximum range of 750 meters. Most sniper analogues that most equivalent to the classic bolt-action sniper rifle have ranges of between 450-500 meters (see here and here). You've got a pretty limited ammunition capacity though, so I'd be fine with 750 meters.

Alternatively, you could make this a slugthrower to get that sort of range.

Elaine Thul said:
The sniper rifle was designed to cut down enemy troops at range, without letting the shooter position to be known. This is done by the range, and the a built in anti flash and silencer system.

Silencers and anti-flash mechanisms don't quite work the same on blasters as they do on traditional firearms. That's not to say that the effects you're describing aren't possible with a blaster. I'd check out the Nightstinger. This requires the use of specialized, rare gases for the ammunition and a very limited ammunition capacity, but it gives you an invisible blaster bolt. Sound shouldn't be much an issue with a blaster I think (unless the target is very close to you).

Elaine Thul said:
these shots could pierce tank armour and shoot the driver on the other side of it.
While I can see this being sort of an analogue for anti-material rifles, piercing tank armor is pushing it. Change this to lightly armored vehicles, and you'll be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom