Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech H.T.E. Plasma Cannon MkI

Status
Not open for further replies.
plasma_gun_prototipe_1_by_invertvision.jpg

Image Source: https://deadanarchistphil.wordpress.com/tag/plasma-cannon/
Intent: To Kill People in Armour
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: House Thul Estates
Model: H.T.E. Plasma Cannon MkI
Affiliation: House Thuls Housecarls
Modularity: No
Production: Limited Housecarls only
Material: Durasteel,
Classification: Plasma balls
Size: Handheld in power armour, stationary if not
Length: 1.5 meters
Weight: 50 kg
Ammunition Type: Plasma
Ammunition Capacity: 350
Effective Range: 1000 meters
Rate of Fire: Fully-automatic
Special Features:
Strengths: Burns Through Armour
The more hits, the more plasma stays on armour

Weaknesses: Can not hide with one
Requires power armour to use properly
Needs reloading quite quickly if used without firing discipline
Not accurate if running, even in power armour.

Description: The weapon is basically a gatling gun, but it fires mini bolts of plasma via a chain of slugs. These build up on the enemy armour, and will eventually burn through. As it hits an opponent, the plasma would build up and begin burning it way through. The weapon is heavy weapon, especial with ammo pack, and as such it only really usable if in power armour. The plasma burns through armour in a similar way as lightsaber, though a weaker one. Though as the plasma is attached to armour, it will slowly melt through. Though more hits, the quicker the burn through the armour will be. As such it can even penetrate heavy armoured plated tanks and walkers, eventually.
Primary Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Plasma_rifle
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Plasma_cannon

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Elaine Thul"], personal plasma weapons are kind of weird in that either tend to be either enhanced blasters or projectile weapons. In this case, this plasma cannon appears to be a projectile launcher, since it fires plasma that binds to a target much like the Incinerator plasma railgun. Because of that, I do not think that this would work underwater unlike the plasma rifle, which appears to be of the enhanced blaster rifle variety that I mentioned earlier.

Elaine Thul said:
As it hits an opponent, the plasma has it own magnetic properties, which will cause havoc with any local electronics. The weapon is heavy weapon, especial with ammo pack, and as such it only really usable if in power armour. The plasma burns through armour in a similar way as lightsaber, though a weaker one. Though as the plasma is attached to armour, it will slowly melt through.

Different plasma weapons seem to be able to make several different kinds of damage, but as far as I've been able to find, almost none of them do multiple damage types. The one exception that I've found so far is the shieldbuster torpedo which being exceptionally good at breaking down shields, is known for not being very good against armor. If you know specifically of a plasma weapon that does both thermal and ionic damage, please link me to it. Otherwise, I'm going to recommend that you choose one damage type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom