Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech H.T.E. Howler

Status
Not open for further replies.
105mm.jpg

Image Source: http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tech/Ground/Artillery.html
Intent: To make an artillery piece for set piece warfare.
Development Thread: If deemed necessary
Manufacturer: House Thul Estates
Model: The Howler
Affiliation: Open market
Modularity: Types of ammo
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel
Classification: Projectile Artillery
Size: Stationary
Length: 4 meters
Weight: 5 ton
Ammunition Type: Shell see under description
Ammunition Capacity: 1
Effective Range: 20km, but not with in 200 meters
Rate of Fire: Single action
Special Features: Indirect Firing, no line of sight needed

Description: This weapon uses high explosives shells launched into the air, and using computer algorithms lands on it's intended target.
The shell then explodes at it designated time, depending on the type of shell.
The weapon is powered by a portable field generator, and these power up the electromagnetic pulses to fire the shells.
They have an on board computer, to help the operator target the enemy. All they need is a grid reference and type it in.
Then the motors move the gun barrel into position to fire, though additional data may be needed if a wall is in the way.
The weapon requires a crew to operate it this usually five man crew, but can be operated by one but a reduce pace.
It also has capabilities of acting as AA gun by using proximity round, and being aimed high.
This is not as accurate, but possible if required, though theirs is danger of hitting your own people.
This piece of equipment requires a vehicle, to move it and to take ammo to it.

Shells
H.E. This shell Has AOE of 30m, and is the main stay of this piece of artillery.
The round explodes on contact with any surface, sending high levels shrapnel in all directions.
Whilst not tank/ bunker busting it will damage weak areas of those items

E.M.P. This round has a proximity detonator, which is activated after leaving the howler.
This can be set for up to 30m meters, which is it's maximum AOE.
This sends out a powerful E.M.P. burst, which can knock out electronics.
As such this can be used as an AA weapon if deemed necessary, though if it fails to explode in the air, it will come down.

I.S. This is an incendiary style shell, and is designed to remove foliage and set area alight
This is done by phosphorous a highly flammable material, which will ignite as the shell explodes.
The shell Explodes 40 meters above it's intend target, and then phosphorus lets out a fire ball which can ignite flammable objects it touches.
The AOE of this is don to ground conditions, it could end up doing very little, or help wipe out a forest.

Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Elaine Thul"], this looks pretty good.

Classification: Shell
I'd change this to "projectile artillery".

Effective Range: Any where on the battle field, but not with in 200 meters
I think "anywhere on the battlefield" could be ambiguous enough to cause some problems, though I really like that you included a minimum range. I'd suggest giving it a maximum range of 20 km.

Elaine Thul said:
and then phosphorus lets out afire ball which will ignite anything it touches.

Please change "will ignite anything it touches" to "can ignite flammable objects it touches".

I think it's reasonable to assume that if the phosporus makes contact with a person's skin, fabric, or otherwise flammable material, it will ignite. But there are always certain circumstances that might not make this the case, and then there are materials that really aren't ignitable (such as a durasteel).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom