Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech H&H DE-10h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sal Katarn

S
marik_vash____blaster_pistol_by_marik_vash-d6o8izb.jpg

Image Source: Blaster Pistol by Marik Vash
Intent: Custom order for Sal Katarn from Houk & Herglic.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Houk & Herglic
Model: H&H DE-10h
Affiliation: Sal Katarn
Modularity: Upgrades
Production: Unique, x2
Material: Dallorian alloy
Classification: Heavy Blaster Pistol
Size: Handheld
Length: 318mm
Weight: 1,048 grams
Ammunition Type: Powercell.
Ammunition Capacity: 250 (tibanna gas), 50 (power cell).
Effective Range: 65 meters.
Rate of Fire: Semi-Auto, Full Auto
Special Features: Dallorian Alloy
Description:
The H&H DE-10h is a brace of pistols modeled on the form of the original DE-10 blaster pistol. They are constructed from dallorian alloy, allowing for sustained fully-automatic firing for several seconds without severe risk of overheating. Similar to the A280 rifle, the galven circuits are clustered near the focusing crystal, making these pistols heavy hitters capable of penetrating plastoid armor.

Resembling the antiquated DH-17 in function, the DE-10h is a smaller weapon and has an ammunition capacity of only 250 compared to the DH-17’s 500.

The DE-10h also has a stun setting.

Canon Sources:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DE-10_blaster_pistol
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DH-17_blaster_pistol/Legends
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A280_blaster_rifle/Legends

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Sal Katarn said:
Houk & Herglic
Is Houk & Herglic a company, a PC, or a group of NPCs?

Sal Katarn said:
Ammunition Type: Powercell. Ammunition Capacity: 200 shots.

I'd add blaster gas to the ammunition type. With that, I'd probably make this 200 shots (Powercell) and something like 50 shots (blaster gas), which is in line with the DL-44 favored by Han Solo.

Sal Katarn said:
allowing for sustained fully-automatic firing without overheating
Blasters typically need to have some downtime after sustained firing, as evinced by E-Webs needing cyro cooling systems to keep up their fully automatic fire. The dallorian alloy will probably help with some of this heat, but the alloy itself wouldn't likely protect all of the parts that need to be cooled (such as the internal electronics). I'd give this a decent number of shots for which this could be held down to fire, but nothing like it's entire ammunition capacity.

Sal Katarn said:
I'm not sure about the specifics of this question, but I'll elaborate. Blasters use both "blaster gas" and "]powerpacks" as ammunition. For example, in the DH-17 entry that you linked me to:

The DH-17's blaster gas chamber carried enough gas for five hundred shots, and a standard power pack supplied energy for one hundred shots
Looking back at this, I have the number recommendations inverted. It should be powercell(50) and the blaster gas (250).

Typically blasters carry enough more gas than actual power. The same should be said for this submission. The DH-17 is rather large for a pistol, which you've alluded to in your description. It wouldn't likely carry the same amount as the DH-17. I followed your lead in cutting the ammunition in half based on that. This matches well with the other descriptions that we have for heavy blaster ammunition capacity, like the aforementioned DL-44 and the Power 5 heavy blaster pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom