Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Guardian-class Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
bs_guardian_by__buryat_-d5mpjeh.jpg

Image Source: buryatsky
Development Thread: Fight or Flight
Affiliation: Patrons of Ignus Industries
Manufacturer: Ignus Industries
Model: Guardian-class Starfighter
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Alusteel, Transparisteel
Classification: Starfighter
Length: 13.2m
Height: 6.2m
Width: 10.3m

Armament: 10
  • 4 Laser Cannons
  • 1 Ion Cannon
  • 2 Torpedo Launchers (4 each)
Defenses: 12

Squadron Count: 12

Special Features:
Maneuverability Rating: 3
Speed Rating: 3
Hyperdrive Class: 4

Strengths:
  • Heavily Armed and Defended: Armed similar to an X-wing, but with the added feature of an ion cannon. She also has stronger shields than an X-wing.
Weaknesses:
  • Cost: A starfighter of this scale and weaponry is expensive.
  • Slow Hyperdrive: The starfighter is meant to be carried on a ship, and therefore has a slower hyperdrive in order to free up space for weaponry and shields.
  • No Life-Support: Pilots are required to wear a fully self-contained flight suit (EVA Suit), much like TIE Pilots wear.
Description: Ignus Industries first broke into the starship market with its popular RAL, but since the ship has no hyperdrive capabilities, it hasn't seen the kind of sales necessary to boost the ship construction department of the company in a way necessary to facilitate expansion. In order to do this, the genius minds at Ignus Industries came up with the Guardian-class Starfighter. Matched similar to an X-wing, it possess additional firepower. Additionally, it has better endurance as it can absorb energy through its shield system to provide power for its weapons systems, meaning it actually thrives in combat, making it an ideal superiority fighter.

However, becauses of the additional weapons systems and better shielding, the ship is rather more costly. Some of this is slightly mitigated by the use of a slow hyperdrive, but that ultimately dictates that ship is more or less meant to be carried into combat on a larger vessel rather than flying in already deployed. It can certainly do the latter, but it might be the last to arrive by comparison to most vessels. In addition to this fact, it has no built-in lifesupport, which the X-wing does have. As a result, pilots are forced to wear EVA pilot suits in order to fly the craft. These are often uncomfortable, but the ships superior firepower and shields should make up for it on the battlefield.

They're a thrill to fly and they do pack a wallop. Just don't lose it. It'll cost you a pretty penny to replace it.
Who Can Use This: Approved Ignus Industries buyers.
Primary Source: None

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Darth Ignus"], I'm going to use the base "starfighter example" (or generic X-wing) as the closest reference point to this ship.

In comparison to that ship, this has -1 to speed, -2 to maneuverability, has +2 to defense, has +1 to armament, and has molecular shielding.

This is probably going to need around 30 posts of development as is. Alternatively, some of these stats can be lowered to reduce development.

[member="Darth Ignus"], I would probably ask for around 20 - 30 posts as is, but potentially more.

The way I see it, minor production gives you wiggle room with little fluctuations on the armament and defense (such as the additional ion cannon and the +2 to defense).

Molecular shielding by itself has traditionally required a fair amount of development (15-20 posts).

Starfighter flight performance improvement has been widely variable, dependent on not only development and production numbers, but also with diminishing returns the farther the envelope is pushed. For this ship in particular, because it's flight performance isn't too far off from the interceptor example in the template, I would suggest around 10 posts for this part of the submission.

Can you give me a definitive post count for as is?

Also for what the requirement would be if I make the speed and Maneuverability the same as an X-Wing, effectively removing one of its advantages while maintaining its weaknesses and assuming retention of the molecular shielding?
[member="Gir Quee"]

Darth Ignus said:
Can you give me a definitive post count for as is?
As an absolute, definite answer, 30 quality posts.

Darth Ignus said:
Also for what the requirement would be if I make the speed and Maneuverability the same as an X-Wing, effectively removing one of its advantages while maintaining its weaknesses and assuming retention of the molecular shielding?
As an absolute, definite answer, 20 quality posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom