Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Greifen Ren's Robes

Status
Not open for further replies.
960.jpg

Image Source: TFA Trailer
Intent: To provide a form of defensive armor for Greifen Ren
Development Thread: If Necessary
Manufacturer: First Order, Greifen Ren
Model: N/A
Affiliation: First Order, Knights of Ren
Modularity: No
Production: Production: Unique
Material: Armorweave (cloak and tunic)
Classification: Anti-Blaster, Anti-Lightsaber, Anti-Infrared, Harsh Climate Protection
Weight: 4 kg
Quality:
  • 4 (lightsaber blows, blaster hits, etc.)

Special Features: The armorweave tunic and cloak is designed to protect against lightsaber blows and blaster bolts. It provides limited resistance to both, and will protect against glancing blows from a lightsaber and long-range blaster shots without being cumbersome, allowing the user freedom and dexterity of movement. However, the armorweave material is not completely resistant to either; a direct lightsaber thrust and direct close-range blaster fire will penetrate the material.

The thermoguard bodyglove worn under the cloak and tunic comes equipped with an internal cooling unit which adjusts to the temperature of the external environment, giving the wearer invisibility to infrared and thermal sensors. The bodglove is also woven with flame-resistant fabric which protects against burns, and is insulated to provide the wearer some protection against harsh atmospheres, such as extreme heat or cold.

Description: After suffering severe wounds in battles against enemy mercenary forces who used a variety of weaponry, Greifen Ren recognized the need to develop some form of defensive protection for himself, as his lightsaber alone had proven insufficient. The result was a unique three piece set of robes, consisting of a black hooded cloak and tunic, and a black form-fitting bodyglove to be worn underneath the tunic. The floor-length cloak and tunic cover the entire body and are fashioned out of armorweave, giving them limited resistance to lightsaber and blaster strikes. Meanwhile, the thermoguard bodyglove provides the added benefit of invisibility to thermal and infrared sensors, with the additional benefit of protecting against extreme temperatures and flame burns.

Overall, Greifen Ren's unique robes are a lightweight solution to his personal needs. Although the robes cannot compare to the protection offered by the best armors available, they are lighter and give Greifen a considerable amount of freedom of movement.

Primary Source: Based off the following canon sources:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armorweave
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thermoguard_bodyglove

Netherworld

Hello, [member="Greifen Ren"]. I'll be your judge today. :)

Nice idea, light armor that offers some solid protection for its class.
Nothing crazy here, but I have a couple of questions.

Greifen Ren said:
Weight: 3.3 kg
  • For a whole cloak and tunic, let's bump this up to a nice 4 kg.

Greifen Ren said:
5 (shrapnel fragments, sonic blows, etc.)

Greifen Ren said:
Additionally, it also provides the user extra protection against shrapnel fragments and other forms of ballistic weaponry,
  • Armorweave is fabric woven with metal, more or less. It works well enough for energy-based weapons, but shrapnel and slughtrower rounds will punch right through this, as it's not nearly thick enough to offer any worthwhile resistance. Same goes for sonic blows and any other type of kinetic energy, really.

Greifen Ren said:
resistance to flame
  • How does this flame resistance work?

Tag me with questions and/or edits. :)

Hi [member="Netherworld"], thanks for reviewing my piece. I made all the necessary edits you require and took out shrapnel/sonic defense completely. With regard to this:

Netherworld said:
How does this flame resistance work?
I included this:

"The bodglove is also woven with flame-resistant fabric which protects against burns"

I hope that will be sufficient to explain it. Unfortunately my Star Wars lore is not extensive enough to know any specific flame-resistant materials in-universe. If you want me to say specifically what material, perhaps you could offer some suggestions.

Netherworld

[member="Greifen Ren"]

That works, thanks. :)
Please remember that the flame resistance isn't all powerful; i.e., if a grenade goes off next to you, you'll get badly burned regardless.

Approved pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom