Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Green hell. Now with more green.

Yo'tek had once again found himself asleep amid holocron study, ancient force weilders and countless wars that raged across the seemingly infinite galaxy can be so deafeningly boring when told by countless old people. Even as he woke up and looked at the frozen image of some Knight captured in time blathering about betrayal and retribution he yawned. How did anyone ever learn from this? Was he expected to do it through osmosis? He scoffed to himself, shut off the relic and rose to his taloned feet. Striding to the hanger to get some sense of an open space, the obsession with tiny boxes put him definitely on edge especially as he was expected to live in them.

But the hanger Bay, that was a sight more worth seeing. A huge cavern that stretch out before him, and at its end capped by starlight beyond a thin blue veil. Yo'tek had been warned to check in with air traffic control before taking his flights in there but he hated being told when he could and could not be free. Even the thought of their wait lists and holding patterns made him snarl in disgust. With a running start he took to the air and soared up atop the ventilation ducts, returning to a nest of books and cloths he had gathered. A much more fitting place to relax for sure but... something about this unnatural void bound hulk was unsettling. The choking feeling of containment surrounded him at all times, even on their entertainment suites with all manner of fancy gadgets it was... false. A tomb.

With a heavy heart he sat atop his perch and dangled his legs as he watched the starships shuffle and zip about, busying themselves for "efficiencys sake." Bothersome cluttering of the airspace that he deserved more like. With a look of disdain painted over his grimacing face he turned to his holodeck he stashed up here, a single article from the clone wars had taken his interest. The battle for felucia in all its magnificence, a planet claimed by the wilds but in a way that he had never seen or even dreamed of. One where unlike rishii the planets spirit had turned feral and beast like, it was a glorious sight to behold as these groundlings sought to take it from eachother without even witnessing the planets wrath.

He watched with almost pious reverence as despite all their efforts to colonise and subjugate her, felucia battered them with but a wave of her fronds. Vicious flesh eating diseases, hulking hunters and plants that would snatch a man up for straying but an inch off the path. It was as if rishii had been scorned and consumed by atavistic rage, it was primal beyond his wildest dreams. He broke into a fit of laughter as he imagined felucia an gilted lover of rishii, cast apart from the star systems as one went to betterment and grace while the other became bitter and jaded by the rejection.

Collecting himself Yo'tek glanced up at a transport ship... he could always... take it. Not permanently of course but borrow it. Perhaps to study this mythical planet in the flesh, but that would be unsafe and foolish. These thoughts were already fruitless to convince him as he had them in the process of sneaking aboard. Having taken a few pointers from his sisters of the order he couldn't help but find the mischief of theft a little easier than even he expected, it was only when he sat in the cockpit of a powered up ship that he remembered... "I don't know how to fly..." a moment of silent disbelief flooded over his face before he broke down in a fit of laughter. Even as he pushed the buttons he had nk idea what they did other than "makes the ship ready to go" he may as well be operating that damnable coffee machine in the cantina. Slumping forward as he resigned himself to the marooned life for just a moment, standing and disembarking from his would be stolen ship. Then is when he saw the pilots of some of the other vessels... droids... maybe not a scrubbed mission after all.

The young avian snuck aboard yet another ship only to be welcomed by the droid that had him down as a member of the soleance. Becoming frustrated Yo'tek did not bother with pleasantries to this fake person, instead demanding that it take him where he needed. Of course being only a simple droid programmed to heed his commands it obliged. Pirate captain Yo'tek strikes again to mildly inconvenience the logistics operations of the night sisters! Satisfied with his masterful heist of an idle droid transportation unit, Yo'tek waited out the journey with baited breath, pacing the halls and resting with as many doors open as possible to mitigate this sense of enclosure. Every time the ship listed and turned he grew excited, bolting to the helm to be disappointed by just another stop on the journey. That was until the droid chimed happily "we have arrived master Yo'tek!"

Scrambling to the viewing deck the bird brain gawked at the marvelous planet before him, taking in the impossible sights of an entire planet sitting there in space drawing ever closer. "Take us down!" He sqwaked in excitement.
"But master Yo'tek... we have barely enough fuel to.." the droid began frightfully, eager to warn the master of his over enthusiasm for a doomed mission.
"I said take us down." Yo'tek snapped, his desire for experience outweighing even the most common of sense. The droid quietly complied as Yo'tek would bark him down harshly every warning he would try to raise, even as the ships monitors pulsed a strange colour and a loud beeping noise occoured Yo'tek pushed onwards. He must commune with this planet.

About an hour later he woke up from the smouldering wreck of his transport ship, the droids parts scattered around him while the ship shouldered in the background. Its head lay before him still functional, "Ah master you have awoken! I regret to inform you that due to a lack of fuel I was forced to make an emergency landing." The droid beeped in its ever chipper tone.
"How did we explode on impact?!" The avian shrieked at the wreckage of the ship lay strewn about him.
"Oh we didn't sir! An aklay became interested in our approach vector and incerteped us. Sadly we landed upon the poor creature but it still had enough energy to get creative with our ships layout." It beeped, its power dwindling with each word. Yo'tek realised that maybe he had made a mistake coming here so quickly...

"Fear not master the emergency transmitter was successfully activated upon our improvised landing! So long as you stay close to it then help should arrive as soon as it can!" The cranium continued, a mild relief sweeping over the young warriors face.
"OK so... wait for rescue i can do that. I got this." He said with confidence, nodding as he tightened his armour and gripped his staff.
"Thats the spirit sir! Now all you need to do is locate where the blast from the reactor sent the beacon and you'll be saved." That however was not what he wanted to hear. Where the blast sent it!? That could be anywhere!
"WHAT? WHERE IS IT?!" Yo'tek roared as the droids power reserves failed it. A swift kick from his talons sending the head flying over a shrub while the foolish bird let out a roar of pain and frustration.

Meanwhile a young aklay had scooped up a very nice flashy shiney beepy thing and was toying with it. Perhaps it would make for good prey if only it could penetrate its hard outer shell. The transmitter was not a fan of this spider like monsters attempts to eat it but it did its duty sending out a message to anyone who could hear it.

millubar.png

FELUCIA

Millu was almost falling asleep. As much as one could fall asleep in the back seat of a small charter ship, especially when the driver had annoying trashy pop blasting out of the speakers. Beric had asked her to go to Felucia, but hadn't actually explained what the heck was she supposed to do there. He just said she'd understand once she got there.

That's okay, she'd just like to have a little bit more information on what to expect, but maybe ever her master didn't know. Of course she found a way to contact a charter driver to take her there, Millu didn't want to crash again as she did on Vandor. The music coming out of the speakers annoyed her, but it was all worth it. She would not be stranded again.

They were close to the planet already, and it was then that she heard the distress signal from the control pannel.

"Uh... Sir, there seems to be someone asking for help down there.."

"It's coming from the planet down there, but it's not from the city, it seems to be coming from the middle of nowhere."

"Could you fly us there? They may be needing something."

"Okay."

As they came down on the planet, Millu got more and more intrigued about her supposed mission there. Was she supposed to help whoever was sending the distress signal? I think it's probably that. But how master knew about this, I have no idea.

When they got close enough over the forest to see the ground, Millu spotted a bird-like creature and a crahsed ship in a clearing.

"I think it's them! They are the one who probably sent the signal, please land in that clearing." she asked of the driver.

"But the distress signal isn't coming from there, it's further inside the forest."

That is strange. But anyway, I should ask them about it, whoever they are.

"It doesn't matter, they clearly need help and I need to see if they know anything about the signal."

"As you say."

They landed on the furthest side of the clearing, and Millu almost tripped on her feet opening the door and stumbling out as quickly as she could.

As she walked toward the wreckage of what appeared to be a transport ship, she decided to grab the attention of the bird-like individual.

"Oi! I was close to Felucia and received a distress signal, was it yours?"

They were clearly too big to be rescued on the ship she came. This was going to be a problem.

Lovecraftfluff Lovecraftfluff

Yo'tek was desperately attempting to recall his studies on this planet, smiling as he approached a particular plant cluster and recognized some of whatever their names where. Plucking up a sharp rock he sliced open a bulbous segment of one of the stems, allowing water to spill forth. He at least remembered that correctly, another way to not die would be good. Stumbling around in an attempt to find something he would recognize elsewhere he heard a roar, snapping bolt upright he readied his staff. Something was lurking in the mass of colours and foliage, he glared into the shrubs in an attempt to make out his stalker, that was when he spotted a pair of beady eyes glowing from amid the plants.

Raising his staff in an aggressive stance he readied himself to strike down this adversary, that was when it rose and loomed above him. Higher and higher this adult Aklay seemingly come from nowhere now paced towards him with menacing intent, saliva dribbling from its chitinous, jagged-toothed maw while the leg blades buried themselves into the mud with every step. It let forth a trembling terrible growl that shook him to his core, perhaps these were the planets maungur. Malevolent spirits of atavistic primal rage made flesh and bone, holy to the core but terrible to encounter. In a panic, he reached out with the force in an attempt to commune with the beast.

"Such helplessness... She really has let you loose without a care" The thunderous voice of a mighty woman bellowed out with an air of disdain and disappointment, the Aklay paced around the bird wanderer staring straight into his core as it examined what pitiful offering the stars had brought it.
"I expected better for so very long apart, Champion! that's what she must call you. Disgusting." It let venom drip from those words as the beast raised its limbs to strike, Yo'tek bolting out the way of the incredible air splitting strike. Dirt exploded from the impact site showering the Rishi warrior in topsoil.
"I won't suffer a welp to defile even my bogs let alone my holy ground!" The creature lunged once more, catching the bird with a back claw. Sending his body sailing through the air.

Catching himself with his wings mid-flight, Yo'tek returned to fight. As the creature bolted towards him, the warrior brought the staff crashing down atop its head, the creature stumbling as its neck dipped low and chin kisses the mud. Another roar bellowed from the creature, no more words, only rage. A flurry of slicing and stabbing blows went forth from its spider-like body, each and every-one placed to kill the lost little Avain, with deft skill and speed Yo'tek moved his body to avoid them. The claws whistling as they scraped by him ripping through the air, there was little hope he could win this even with all his training.

It was then that the creature finally landed a blow, the strike going straight into his left-wing. Yo'tek let forth a cry of anguish that could be heard for miles among the trees and thickets. The beast letting its maw open in a mocking laugh at such an easy victory as hot crimson painted the floor, but all too soon. With a blinding flash of green Yo'tek thrust his staff upwards into the monsters' neck, it coughed and spluttered as it withdrew from such a blow. The combatants separated by a mear few feet when a new noise was heard, a starship came careening out the sky and towards them. By the time Yo'tek snapped his eyes back from the flying ship the Aklay was gone, as quickly as it had arrived it had vanished without a trace.

Looking towards his savior he was somewhat relieved it was a stranger and not one of his teachers, come to chew him out for his foolhardy display of bravado and adventurous arrogance.
"it was my signal... I'm wounded..." Yo'tek managed to cough up, his wing must have been more badly battered than he thought, unable to move it without excruciating pain and barely able to focus. This rescue was certainly timely however the size of the ship... maybe he wasn't getting out of here. Drip after drip came down those brilliant blue feathers, trying his best to construct a plan. Staggering over to a plant and dressing his wounds in some of the safer plant fronds.
"But I doubt we can both escape in your ship. With my wing busted its a long walk to anywhere safe"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom