Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission GREAT HUNT | NJO and Allies

Beast_Hunt_Objective_3.png

“Maybe not major new developments, but I can at least tell you what we’ve experienced so far. We've only been here a few days.

The most common treatments we’ve administered are related to malnourishment and cholinesterase inhibitors to counter early-onset dementia. So far, four cases of just that.”
Cordé lowered her voice when she produced her datapad, and handed it over to Jasper to review. He could send the file to himself from the screen.

“An after-effect from the brutal mishandling of young Chiss girls at the hands of The Brotherhood’s mutated attempt at reproducing the benefits of the Chiss sky-walker program for themselves.” She tapped the part of the screen that went into more detail about the program, and the mind-wiping techniques the now-gone Task Master, Tut’cheugga, had used to retain control over the youths.

“They’re older now, escaped, but not totally free from the residual impacts.” She frowned. “They’re around their families and don’t remember them. It’s all in the report here." It was heartbreaking, but well-documented. "Charts, dosages for medications, and patient names for follow-ups.”

He moved on to work on the generator and she watched for a minute, finding herself surprised at the practicality of repulsorlifts and the Jedi not defaulting to telekinesis or whateverelse to move the hefty equipment.

She glanced at who she deduced was Lilise, based on Jasper’s instruction, and nodded. Her shift was covered by other nurses.

“Sure. Happy to help.”

The mediscan units were commonplace for a field medic, and had been part of her basic GADF training. It had been a while since she’d set one up though, the SIA didn’t usually stay in one place long enough to stage units like this. And if they did, Cordé wasn’t operating as a doctor.

She dusted off her hands when one was done, and she set up a compartment of FastFlesh medpacks next to it for quick resupply.

When she looked to see how Lilise was doing, she was met with huge curious eyes.

“Have you been around these before, Lilise?” She asked, surprisingly gently. “They’re pretty useful, good time savers for diagnoses.”

ALLIES | GA | NJO | SIA | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Lilise Lilise | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Hana Celeste Hana Celeste

Objective: Help sort the supplies
Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania / Hana Celeste Hana Celeste

div1.png
"Knight Westgard! I'm glad to see you're well. I've heard that you ran into a bit of trouble with pirates earlier."
"Indeed, upon coming through the planet's atmosphere there was a cargo ship that was in trouble from a pirate raiding party. Thankfully, before they could do any real damage I took care of them" he said with a brief smile before looking over to her new friend. If he was correct, she was a new student who had recently joined the order. Her name, on the other hand, was still unknown to him "My pleasure miss, but I must warn you Vera Noble is still quite young. She is still trying to figure out its true potential like you are, so her mother is probably your best bet if you wish t ask more questions"

Staying silent he allowed Cora to explain more of the matter. She understood well what visions meant for Jedi and helped ease her confusion as to what she was experiencing. Silas himself had never really seen any visions other than nightmares of the past. He knew if the force wanted to show him something, they'd do it when the time was right. Thankfully for the young Jedi, her vision seemed to be good considering she woke up with a smile on her face.

"At least that's reassuring. Although, if you feel some of the dreams are consistently negative I'd suggest talking to someone" he warned the girl, just in case she was in the same boat as Vera "We all have our backs here, there's no need to hide it" the knight said with a friendly smile before leaning down to pick up a box of food.

"We'll take it over to the transport trucks so they can be transported to those in need. And If I may ask, what is your name miss?"

As Hana recounted her feelings on the dream, Cora smiled.

"Then that is a good sign, I think." She nodded in agreement with Silas. "Maybe that was the Force's way of saying that we were fated to meet again?"

Really, she was just flattered that someone had dreamt of her. Positively, of course.

"Silas is right." Adjusting one of the crates so that it sat flush atop another, the Padawan continued. "The Jedi of the Order are like family. We take care of one another."

The smile that she gave next was intended to be comforting, but a pang of sadness dragged her expression down. The Jedi may have been her family for countless months, but soon she'd have to return to Ukatis and tend to her duties as a noblewoman. Prince Horace had made it clear that after their wedding, Cora would not be permitted to return to the Order.

Which was why she'd thrown herself into every mission, every conflict she could get her hands on.

Voices from up ahead drifted into the periphery of their conversation. One of the medics was relaying the situation to Jasper, citing the Maw's brutality against children.

That made her frown.

"They've done some pretty terrible things here, haven't they?" She muttered, head shifting from side to side before her attention refocused to present company and their task.

"Silas, could you help me with this one?" Cora placed a hand atop a rather large and bulky crate, necessitating two pairs of hands to move properly. "Hana, could you take the datapad and double-check that I've counted everything correctly? I've a habit of moving too quickly, so I might've missed something."

Her tone was sheepish, and so was the half-smile she gave the girl.

Hana Celeste Hana Celeste Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Lilise Lilise

Ool
Tags: Lilise Lilise , Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo

shield_core_divider.png

“They’re around their families and don’t remember them. It’s all in the report here." It was heartbreaking, but well-documented. "Charts, dosages for medications, and patient names for follow-ups.”

"...Right," Jasper nodded, holding in a grimace. He took the datapad and began to look through what had been collected. "Things get messy whenever the mind is involved. We'll need to make sure that great care is taken with them."

The would need to take their time with treatment. The last thing Jasper wanted to happen was cause more damage. This would be something that would take far longer than a day to get them on the road to recovery.

The generator fired up not long after he had worked to get it started. Lilise nervously joined Cordé in unloading the med units, but was very clearly out of her element. That was okay, ultimately. This was a good exercise in starting to get his student out of her shell. That didn't happen through him intervening whenever she was in a new situation.

“Have you been around these before, Lilise?” She asked, surprisingly gently. “They’re pretty useful, good time savers for diagnoses.”

"Very true," Jasper nodded as he joined them in setting up the units, "They were a no-brainer for field operations. I'm sure Agent Sabo can tell you a fair deal more about them than I can."

He was a mechanic, after all, not a medical expert. Jasper had learned how they worked not by reading any manual, but by taking them apart and putting them back together.

Beast_Hunt_Objective_1.png

-Osseriton-

Alex wandered through the settlement, on the lookout for any more creatures that could catch him unawares.

"What are you looking for," the darkness whispered in his ear.

"I'm not sure yet."

"What about that little girl?"

"What about her?"

"She tried to get you killed..."

"And?..."

"And you ought to do something about that..."

Alex felt conflicted over what was being asked of him.

"You're not getting soft are you?..."

"Let me tell you what I believe..."

"Oh...this ought to be good...."

"The Dark Side of the Force is not about evilness or being cruel... It's about feeling your emotions unrestricted. Make your Fear, your Rage, even your Love fill your power."

"So you're telling me you're not going to punish the child for trying to get you killed?"

"Not today..."

"You're an odd one....."

TAGS- OPEN

Hana nodded. Silas was right that she shouldn't worry so much. If she woke up feeling good then whatever the dream was about couldn't be that bad. What's more, she hadn't realised Vera was so young. The idea of consulting Master Noble, Sword of the Jedi, about her dreams was unimaginable and terrifying.

'I will have to go see Master Noble then' Hana signed, but she had already decided she wouldn't.

"We all have our backs here, there's no need to hide it"
"The Jedi of the Order are like family. We take care of one another."

Hana swallowed. She didn't often believe that, but today, she was starting to feel it could be true. She hoped against hope that she could be like these Jedi, be part of that family. Hana saw Cora's mouth turn down at the corners and Hana felt a pang of sympathy. Maybe Cora didn't believe in the dream either. She reached out and touched the girl's arm awkwardly, doing her best to comfort her.

"We'll take it over to the transport trucks so they can be transported to those in need.
"Hana, could you take the datapad and double-check that I've counted everything correctly?

Hana nodded eagerly, but she was already slipping the datapad into her pocket.

'I can do it!' To say Hana was enthusiastic about helping with the supplies was an understatement. She leapt into the task with gusto.

Having immediately forgotten the work she'd actually been assigned, she scoped out the largest crate she could manage and hefted it. Heavy objects rolled around inside and she stumbled as the weight shifted, just managing to keep her balance. It was much heavier than it looked, and already Hana's muscles were straining under the load.

'What happened to these people?' Hana asked Silas and Cora as they set out.

Starting down the narrow forested path to the medical tent, Hana had followed the conversation between the older Jedi with a frown. What did Cora mean 'they have done some bad things here?' Hana tried to ask her as much while they walked, awkwardly signing around the heavy crate in her arms. Princess, floating serenely behind her, did its best to translate.

"Was it the... Ah." Princess paused demurely. "Apologies, Miss Celeste is a touch difficult to understand at present."

Rolling her eyes, Hana shot a frustrated look at Princess. The moment Hana turned her head, her foot snagged a low root and she stumbled. Instantly, the heavy crate shifted in her arms and she lost her balance entirely. Pitching wildly, Hana dropped the crate and stuck her arms out to steady herself on Cora's shoulder, but her hands grasped at the air vainly and she tumbled into the narrow ditch that ran alongside the path.

Hana ate dirt, landing heavily face down in a tangle of thorn bushes. She lay still for a moment, before sitting up and miserably unpicking herself from the spiny branches. She looked up at Cora and Silas, with Princess wheeling about their heads in concern, and something clicked. Hana's heart leaped and all of a sudden she understood what had just happened.

'I'm okay.'
Hana signed, and stuck out her arm, scratched, bleeding and filthy with mud, for Cora to help her up.

'I can see the freaking future!!'

Lilise jumped in surprise when Cordé spoke to her, the few flowers in her hair that had bloomed snapped shut out of embarrassment; Cordé had caught her staring! She shuffled nervously, staring down at her own hands for a moment before shaking her head firmly.

"N...No... I've never been around... medical e..equipment li..like this before..." Well, Lilise didn't mumble, but she still stuttered, only returning Cordé's gaze towards the end; having Jasper around certainly helped. The Sylphe looked between the two of them, before finally landing on Cordé once more, the curiosity sneaking back into her eyes. "S..so the equipment is ....u..used only for diagnosis...? A...are there any other u..uses f..for this particular equipment?" The idea of helping others with medicine certainly piqued her interest.

Despite her question, she tried to multitask; watching both Jasper and Cordé so as to better figure out how to help stage the equipment.

Hana Celeste Hana Celeste | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Cora nodded to Hana with a smile, then turned back to her work with Silas. After they'd secured the last crate onto the cart, she found the girl grappling with a large box as the group meandered towards the medical tents. Her brow creased, but Hana's question served as a sobering distraction.

"I...don't know the details." The Padawan admitted as she flashed a searching look of concern to Silas. Being a Jedi Knight, perhaps he was more privy to the horrifying specifics of what the Chiss refugees had to endure. "But you can feel it in the air, almost—the way these people have suffered." A heavy sigh passed her lips. "The Maw were often unkind to civilians under their jurisdiction, and remorseless in their brutal experimentation."

Which was why they were here, cleaning up the Maw's mess and tending to what and whomever they could.

"Though they've fallen from power, they've left behind so much destruction in their wa--"

The sound of struggle drew her attention, and Cora turned just in time to watch poor Hana lose her grip on the crate and slam face first into the ground. The box tumbled clumsily to the earth, while the girl fell into a cluster of thorny brush. Startled, Cora could only wince for a tense moment as Princess teetered between the two Jedi. Then, she knelt down and extended a hand to wrap gently around Hana's own.

A pause lingered between the two, and the realization came slower to Cora.

'I can see the freaking future!!'

A look of concern filtered into surprise, then tinged with vague amusement.

"Goodness. Well I...it certainly seems so!" Looking back to Silas, she smiled knowingly before refocusing her attention on the hurt girl.

"Oh, you poor thing. That looks like it hurts terribly." She winced, gently brushing some of the dirt from Hana's cheek with her free hand. "Come, let's get you patched up."

"They were a no-brainer for field operations. I'm sure Agent Sabo can tell you a fair deal more about them than I can."

"S..so the equipment is ....u..used only for diagnosis...? A...are there any other u..uses f..for this particular equipment?"
Teach a man to fish.

“This part here,” Cordé moved to help the Padawan by showing her the parts of the portable medical instrument, and how they operated, while setting it up at the same time. She pointed to one of the umbilicals hanging loose, and gestured for the Jedi to connect it to the counterpart “Is used for feeding power from the main generator. It has to be connected, or all these other parts, like this — which is used for the initial exterior scan which is the first step for diagnosis— won’t work. This part, see how narrow it is? Is for internal diagnoses. Same with this needle, for blood samples, and then they go into this compartment for processing.”

Her hands moved deftly as she spoke, and while the process took some time, she eventually answered the second part of Lilise’s question.

“This needle next to it is for treatment, injections, etcetera, down here are the bacta resources. So yes, treatment, but it’s limited in comparison to a fully equipped medbay.

If you're all planning to learn how to use this, maybe a label maker might be in order for easier sustainment.”

She smiled weakly, “But in comparison to…” the vague gesture was encompassing enough of Ool’s situation “..or did you mean other uses?” Weaponized?

ALLIES | GA | NJO | SIA | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Lilise Lilise | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Hana Celeste Hana Celeste

Last edited:

Ool
Tags: Lilise Lilise , Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo

shield_core_divider.png

“..or did you mean other uses?”

Jasper's ears perked up at this. Other uses? Surely she didn't mean...

"I don't believe that's what she was implying," Jasper chimed in.

He didn't feel that he had to explain why. Lilise herself explained his reasoning well enough. She was shy, timid, and squeamish at the mere thought of violence. That wasn't even mentioning her age and clear inexperience with the wider galaxy. Jasper doubted that the thought had even crossed her mind.

"These ones would be difficult to modify anyways," he shrugged, "At least discretely. I rigged them so that internal diagnostics are transmitted directly back to our bridge. We'd all like to think that nobody would stoop to such a low, but I've seen the lengths some individuals have gone to attack civilians. I'd rather not take my chances."

Jasper didn't need to state this. He could have added that Lilise wasn't asking about more nefarious purposes and called it a day. The statement was more for making it clear that he had no intentions of letting his operation be twisted by someone else to harm civilians. Frankly he was getting tired of the constant atrocities that had plagued the war, along with the atrocious individuals who saw fit to preform them.

He couldn't tell if the question was accusatory or planning on the end of the SIA, but he wanted to be prepared for both. Enough blood had been shed already.

"At least discretely. I rigged them so that internal diagnostics are transmitted directly back to our bridge. We'd all like to think that nobody would stoop to such a low, but I've seen the lengths some individuals have gone to attack civilians. I'd rather not take my chances."

Her mouth tightened, pulled in and down while her brows sloped up, looking impressed. "Good precaution."

With a tap to the device to exhibit that she, and by extension Lilise, were done setting this one up, Cordé moved to the next one. One of Task Force Null's greatest mantras was the necessity of preventative measures. Equipment or otherwise: "The smallest changes can make something safe and trusted into something harmful and dangerous."

She kneeled, waiting by the umbilical for Lilise to plug it in as she'd just been shown.

"Even if it's sometimes unintentional."

Last edited:

“..or did you mean other uses?”

Lilise just gawked at Cordé for a moment, processing what she'd just heard. Other uses? "I... I don't know how else to explain it. Y..you answered my question. I guess I j..just misunderstood you at first. I thought t..this unit only diagnosed and nothing e..else.. But then you e..explained its other f..functions..." The Sylphe frowned, still quite confused.

She leaned forward despite all that, reaching out to plug the umbilical where she'd been instructed to. Only then almost a minute after Cordé had said it, and her Master had piped in with his own two credits, did Lilise actually understand.

"O..Oh! N..No! N..Not that." The flowers on her head snapped shut, cheeks paling just at the thought of it. "M..Medical uses only! I.. I'm here to help others! N..Not hurt them!" Her eyes widened, looking concerned, and her gaze flicked between Jasper and Cordé in concern.

"D..do people truly d..do things like that..?!" She felt horrified.

Stupefied, Cordé stared wide-eyed at the Jedi Padawan.

For a few seconds, she was silent. Do. People. Really. Do. Things. Like. That. ran over and over in her mind, tumbling over insulting retorts of rhetoric of a disgusted nature. Somehow, the agent managed to withhold her appalled reaction, and it came out only as a vague, sweeping gesture to their general area.

"Yes."
She said plainly, curtly. "That's why we're here."

Her brows furrowed and she took it on herself to continue the teaching angle, but not about the machines, about nature: "You should be more aware of the unintended consequence of good works. Things can be mutated easily. Not everyone looks at the galaxy with the same lens as the peacekeeping Jedi."

How could this girl be so naive?

"Where are you from?"

Ool
Tags: Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo , Lilise Lilise

shield_core_divider.png

"Yes." She said plainly, curtly. "That's why we're here."

Jasper frowned. He understood the accusatory undertones well enough. Clearly the agent couldn't comprehend that not everyone was brought up the same as herself, but she at least had enough composure to be educational about it.

"The agent isn't wrong," he noted. "You don't have to look much further than Coruscant to see the unintended consequences of good intentions. Actions come with a cost, and there are plenty who see opportunities like this as a means of getting the worst outcome..."

He shrugged as he completed his med unit, hooking it up to the generator.

"It's not your fault for not knowing," he assured. "You were never exposed to the war. Not truly. Still, it's important to learn these things, especially if your intention is aid."

He remained on the sidelines for now though, but he did find it frustrating that the agent asked where Lilise was from. That hardly mattered where you came from. People were shaped through experience. Where someone grew up had some influence, sure, but ultimately what mattered is that Lilise and Agent Sabo clearly didn't grow up the same way.

What couldn't she comprehend?

To say Lilise felt ashamed was an understatement. Her cheeks went from that pale green to a dark emerald, and she averted her eyes briefly. How insensitive of her. Of course people could be that cruel; they were there to help heal those that had been affected by war after all. Cordé's words stung. Not that they were hurtful, but they made her realize just how close minded and secluded she'd been from it all.

Her Masters words helped immensely. The frustration and shame so clearly across her features melting away somewhat, a calm, apologetic smile slowly working its way in amidst the nervousness.

"I..I appreciate the advice, Miss Sabo." The Sylphe lowered her head respectfully. "I w..will do my best to be m...more aware. T..to be honest t..there was very little violence w..where I grew up. Sylvia IV, a..at least while I was growing up... w..was a very peaceful place..."

Her smile grew a bit more, a warm nostalgia almost, at the thought of her hometown. "A m..majority of my people are p...pacifists. F..for us, v.violence is a last resort."

"That sounds like a pleasant place to have a childhood." Cordé admitted, watching the shift in mood roll across the padawan's face from one moment to the next.

Rare, but pleasant.

If Cordé'd grown up on a backwater planet, rather than the epicentre of mass wartime production, would she still be in the Outer Rim trying to help others? Or would she stay where she grew up, with her head in the sand? It was something to think about.

She would have asked Lilise Lilise why she left, but reconciled with herself it was better not to know any more stories about Jedi usurping kids from their families to join their religious cult. At least these ones were using technology and medicine to help those in need. Technology that was set up and ready to go. Cordé gave the last of the beds a pat and stood up, putting her hands on her hips to indicate that the work Lilise had done to connect the umbilicals to the respective ports was good and done.

Her head bobbed when she spoke, continuing her earlier thought — "Hopefully that peace can be recreated here." Saying it out loud sounded as stupid as Cordé thought it did, but the sentiment was nice. "These worlds need it." An ideal to shoot for, even if it seemed impossible. Even if she'd just spent days documenting early onset dementia in girls her age who couldn't remember their families because some warlord had abused and exploited their abilities.

"Your report indicated you'd be set up here for two or three months at least, yeah? Are there more supplies you want brought from the ship?" She asked Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom