Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gotham, Arrow, and Flash

So what does everyone think of these shows?

I personally love Arrw and can't wait for Flash even though the flash has never been done right in the past, but heres hoping.

As for Gotham I am still a bit iffy. The first episode just seemed like, "Lets gram as may important people we can into this." Second seemed hopeful, but ya, seems a bit eh right now.

Evasion Studios
Flash - Saw the first 'leaked' episode and it was basically the trailer's full length version. There was some interesting bits in there, but he's yet to do anything really interesting with the power, but I suspect he'll do more soon enough. It's a typical CW show though. The idea that you need to hide key information from the those you love "to protect them" making up a bunch of lies to cover up your secret until the season finale where it will be exposed with some type of tragedy, compounded with your continued lies, giving a cliff hanger till the next season. In other words - it's a soap opera.

Arrow - I'm stoked for the new season. It's progressed well (even though it's CW soap opera) they've put a lot of little easter eggs in, and they kind of Christopher Nolan'ed it. Should be pretty cool in this new season.

Gotham - SPOT ON! This is gritty, this is violent..this is Gotham, and Bruce is turning out to be really interesting, though I wish they would explain his intentions a bit more.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Flash is well I am going to watch it and hope they have as many easter eggs in it and nods.

Arrow well after season 2, after they set the stage with so much, had one of my favorite villains/anti-heroes there with Summer Glau dressed like Rose... just dear god to many things. Between the Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn (which means there is the Joker somewhere in universe) mentions of Bludhaven, Black Canary, Red Arrow, Huntress just all these things. It was a build up and well season 3 to me is going to have a good deal to try and top as a comic fan

Gotham oh that first episode was good and interesting... I don't know if I like that idea of Montoya and Barbara having had a relationship but I am glad they kept her as a lesbian so far. The penguin, riddler, cat woman make for interesting things and having Riddler being part of the police force could add some tension. Alfred and Wayne have an interesting relationship that I am liking the looks of.

So many good things and between these three from DC which two I am liking and the third going to watch and see. Agents of Shield and Agent Carter coming out... I am so happy for comic based shows. While I wish the Birds of Prey would relaunch I am happy my favorite hero is in his own show, Roy Harper all the way and now that Thea is gone has room for Cheshire to appear. Because we need the cutest ball of adorableness ever to appear and make it all worth it. we need little Arrowette, Lian Harper and this time she won't die because DC wanted a shocking death.

Absolutely LOVE ARROW! Bit of an Olicity fan but hey damn near everybody is anyways. I'm super stoked for Ras Al Ghul to show up this season though. Kinda excited to see what happens next on The Flash. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about that show but so far I've been pleasantly surprised. Any thought? Comments?

Even when they have done the Flash right this time, they did it wrong. I'm a life-long lover of The Flash, and most namely the rendition of Barry Allen. A blonde-haired, middle aged, forensic officer. With a serious mood and attitude that brings a darker breath of air to the character. The show has taken Barry Allen, and has given him the personality and looks of Wally West. A young, brown-haired, forensic officer who is more comic-relief than a serious character.

Though it may seem silly I complain about this mix up. This is the difference between naming a version of Batman, Bruce Wayne who is blonde, young and inclined to be funny rather than serious. Now, when you think about that, it destroys what Bruce Wayne is.

Love Gotham. It's silly sometimes, but it's just the right amount of gritty and campy, as well as world's away from the Dark Knight movies.

Don't watch Arrow and the Flash, mostly because I tend to avoid CW shows in general, except for Supernatural. The Flash looks like something I could get into. And I may have to watch the John Barrowman episodes of Arrow.

Constantine was promising! A lot of exposition for a pilot, but it had some geniune scary moments and I liked the actor who played Constantine. Looking forward to more.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
I definitely feel like Flash is doing much better in its first season than Arrow was. The Green Arrow was (and continues to be in my opinion) a terrible actor and though he does "look" the part...He's just...meeeehhhhh

The flash is doing well with its running animation, the actor, though he is very young and his voice is kinda annoying in the little intros to each episode, I think he's a much better actor than Oliver Queen is.

Haven't seen Gotham yet.

Constantine was quite trash. Unwatchable for fans of the character. Why all the stupid Christian-centricity? Why does he cry every time he sputters a line? The guy's self-pitying, but not with so little style and subtlety. I was initially afraid they'd just make him Spike from Buffy -- Now, I'd almost welcome it.

Arrow's a drag, too. Reducing Ollie's age and politics just makes him boring Batman. It's like we're in the 90's again, and DC has to re-figure out why it's cool by once more pandering to the lowest common denominator.

EDIT: Wally West also was only really comic relief in the Justice League cartoon, and maybe when he was a kid (as all the sidekicks had a habit of being). As an adult, Wally was actually quite serious, quick to anger, hard-working, and unsympathetic to those who felt mistreated by society (See: Rogues). He was the paragon of "Hard Work Pays Off," which was foiled by Captain Cold's "Not everyone has the same opportunities, take what you're owed."

Arrow was fun to watch at the beginning, up until a couple episodes before the 'promised day' or whatever it was called. Then it got annoying, and then I loved the second season.

Gotham, I enjoyed. Even with all the characters crammed in, the characters are still the characters from Batman. And God knows I love Batman.

Flash.... I want to see what happens. If it turns out crappy, then I won't watch much more of it.

After watching them now I can say this.

Flash: Has potential I am liking more then I thought I would. It isn't great but not bad.

Arrow: After the second season with my favorite characters Slade and Roy it is kind of hard to top. I like it so far but once his time on the island is over (which would be season 5) it will be interesting to see what they reveal

Gotham: I am liking, it is fun to see only real thing I dislike is Montoya, she isn't as cool as in the comics and her having had a relationship with Gordan's wife... just feels I don't know how to explain it. Hopefully she gets off Barbara and meets Kate or someone else so she can stop getting the "are you only doing this because I am with him" crap

Agents of Shield: Once they brought in my favorite Shield agent Bobbi I was happy but they had Lucy Lawless in the first episode and she was cool. If has a good amount building for the cinematic universe to go towards Age of Ultrin.

Constantine: Got to be honest I prefer Misha Collins in the suit (since the looks for him on Supernatural was inspired) and so far it really hasn't been interesting but still watch it.

Agent Carter: I am waiting for, if done right this could be cool. See the Birth of Shield and use it to set up and push some of the mysteries on Agents of Shield while showing the rebirth of Hydra within Shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom