Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gordie Howe, "Mr. Hockey", dead @ age 88

13344742_10153859523779139_917828451373839797_n.jpg

Ok.... As a Detroiter... As a Red Wings fan... As someone who has worked for the organization as medical... This is a blow... I've never seen this city knocked back like it has been today... Unanimously, everyone is in mourning... Like Joe Louis and others, this man embodied the very spirit and true essence of Detroit. Grit, determination, and a certain working class .... Classiness... Take your Gretzky... Take your Crosby... Take your whoever.... This man was not only an athlete, he had become something of a symbol, particularly local. Walking into the games this next season, the last one in the Arena he spent so many years in, will not feel right anymore. Mr. Howe, you are missed.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/hockey-legend-gordie-howe-dies-at-age-88

I'm not a Detroiter (I'm a bit more mid-Michigan), but I was raised a die-hard Wings fan. I completely understand where you're coming from. It was a shock to the system when I heard he had died. For some reason, he was one of those people who I thought would always be around. It is strange knowing he is gone. You're right, the next game I go to won't feel quite the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom