Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going Tail Side Up

[member="Iziz Vei"]

"Honestly", Nyos started, "I cannot tell you how to use it. That is something you must learn on your own. I can guide you, but it's up to you and the MCD to figure it out. Its going to be a lot like working a muscle you've never used before. For now, until the scars fully heal, go for just being able to move it where you want. First, tell it, feel it, grab at this glass of water on the table here."

Nyos stepped aside and the table was clearly visable to Iziz and a glass of water sat in its center.

Iziz looked to the doctor and to the glass. Speaking his actions aloud as he did it, the tail lifted off the ground and moved toward the glass, he had an idea in his mind where the tail was, like it was an arm, even though the limb was steel, his mind was convinced it was organic, like it was a part of him, just as a leg, an arm, his head... it was amazing, and strange. Iziz had heard of people who had a limb removed experienced feeling a phantom limb where it once was, but this was one stage more queer. it was a limb he didn't have before, altogether. Though the limb was numb and he could not feel it per sey, it was there and it was physical. But, Iziz seemed to be having trouble. The medication, although he had been roused, was not out of his system yet, and it was messing with his own personal focus, as well as his connection to the force...

holding out his tail for the cup, Iziz was straining, repeating the words closer as the tail reached the table, but rather than grasping the cup, the tail fumbled and pushed the cup over, in a manner which Iziz found it infuriating to attempt to grab. Finally, in a fit, iziz's anger aimed a swipe at the glass to smash it, but even too that failed.

"UGH!!! I can't, this tail is broken! It's not doing that I want it to do! I can't even smash the damn glass yet alone pick it up!!!"

Iziz complained, though his attempt at a swipe had tugged at the sutures at the base of his spine. the hint of copper could be smelt by the Jawa in the air as he moved to sit down, not wanting to undo the healing process as well as trying to center himself and his anger.. Biting his own tongue until it bled with his sharp teeth to feel the familiar taste of blood to calm him.

[member="Nyos Val"]

[member="Iziz Vei"]

Nyos put out his hands as the Jawa lost his temper. He was silently calming the Jawa, and when Iziz swung his tail, Nyos cringed at the thought of the stitches splitting.

"It's alright, here let me check something real quick."

Nyos pulled up the MCD on his console and sent a reboot signal and sent an update based on the Jawa's body scan. That should allow the MCD to recalculate the controls.

"Alright, try again. I recalibrated the MCD and that should help."

Iziz looked up to the man and watched as he began to fiddle with the MCD, as the doctor finished playing around with it, Iziz felt a little bit better, looking to the tail it seemed to be a little more responsive, though he narrowed his eyes at the tail which began to flick a little to and fro. The medication after a couple minutes was beginning to loose its effect, Iziz's anger pumped adrenaline back into his system which was beginning to burn through what little drowsiness he had. Now that he was attentive, the tail seemed to be more responsive, better tuned to his actions. Iziz looked back to the cup which lay not far from where he sat. Focusing hard and visualizing on the cup and what he needed to do, he moved those thoughts into the feeling of the phantom limb, before turning that into action, reaching out the tail coiled around the cup... the grip on the cup cracked it, almost the the point of crushing the cup, but Iziz lightened up...

That... seems to be better... thank you doctor.

Though by and large, the effect of the reset of the MCD was psychological, working as a placebo so that Iziz would be in a mindset no longer plagued by doubt and anger. It seemed to relieve the symptoms of his failure.

So, what now Dr? How much do i owe you for this transaction... remembering i did provide a few of the ... rarer materials myself.

[member="Nyos Val"]

[member="Iziz Vei"]

Nyos looked on, in love with his work. He impressed himself, and the Jawa had as well. Who knew they had such tenacity. About the price of the job, as it was true, Iziz brought him part of the materials, and he rsther just enjoyed the challenge of the job.

"Factoring in the materials and time, 65,000, with that comes free lifetime maintenance and replacements, I have the schematics permanently on file, so I can whip up another in a day or so. Normally this would have ran into the hundreds of thousands, but Cortosis cane from you and I just enjoyed making the tail. So you got the 'Fun Discount'."

Nyos put out his hand to shake Iziz's and end their transaction.

"Don't hesistate to contact me of any concerns and questions."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom