Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God will give me Justice

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
A promise to a friend brought me here. Never get yourself emotionally involved, the old man had told me. One of his rules, at first I did not get it, too young and naive. Thought I knew how the world worked, thought I had figured out my place in it. The contract is sacred. Those words would probably haunt me for the rest of my life, but any illusion about friendship and camaraderie were gone.

Still, I owed him. He had saved my life once, killed for me. Not a light thing to ask from a man, and he had done it without needing to ask for it. Least I could do was save his baby sister, from herself he told me. I am not a shrink, but even I can see the irony in that.

First gotta bust her out of prison, wasn’t hard to get into the place. My face has been on a wanted board for a long time. Paid better for a corpse, I was told. Here I am though, nobody had the guts to make me a deader.
The Pit. That was the prison’s name. Not that original, but mercs never were. It’s why they have always been so easy to take care off. Damp, small and dark, the cell was just how I liked my sleeping place to be. One of the walls was plastered, a deader had scraped a message in it.

GOD WILL GIVE ME JUSTICE

His bones told a different story. Then again.. in some ironic way, he had been given freedom and justice from a hard world. Ultramax security they called it, no man had ever escaped it before. Then again, they had never tried to contain me.

Prisoners were given ten minutes of fresh air in the yard, should be long enough for me to figure out a way to get the girl out of this place. Without killing her, maybe even without killing too many guards. Most of them were scum, scrum to guard scum. Funny. But some of them were just doing their job.

Ain’t never crossed a man, that didn’t deserve it.

[member="Brill"] [member="Nik Woverius Rillians"] [member="Symfora Karr'khash"]

Nik Woverius Rillians

Moron by Day, Idiot by Night.
It wasn't fair. Nik Woverius Rillians, smuggler, criminal, wooer of women, quaffer of beverages and all round nice guy was often heard to bemoan. The reasons behind his current incarceration was obviously steeped in the inadequacies of the Galactic justice system. They were all against him, all out to see him go down just as fast and hard as the freighter that had ripped through the embassy.

It wasn't his fault, if they hadn't been such good shots he'd have been a hundred lightyears away by that point and what crackhead in the city planning comity decided it would be a good idea to put an orphanage next door? So the choice he was left with was; kill a bunch of pompous Coruscanti politicians or a building full of snot nosed kids.

He'd obviously chosen unwisely.

They had immediately and expediently shipped his arse to an ultramax prison. Although he suspected his outburst about the judges curly wig might have been the deciding factor on the destination. Still, he was here now and it wasn't all that bad. He could only count three types of bodily fluids upon his cell walls, which was far less than he used to on his underwear in the free world beyond the bars on his window. Rillians should have been more concerned. If the judge in all his righteous red faced rage was to be believed, he'd die of old age here and then be cloned and forced to serve out the next life sentence but he wasn't, purely because something always came up.

[member="Caden Cadell"]

Kyra Dreugan

Callsign - Dragon
Stormy grey eyes studied the place where she knew the door to her cell to be, her face set into a grim line. How long had they kept her in solitary this time? A few days? A few weeks? She couldn't tell in the darkness and since they fed her at random intervals it was impossible to keep track. All she could do was sit and wait to be returned to her cell. Of course then she'd only be there for a short period anyway. It wouldn't take long for one of the guards to think that she'd been broken; they'd try something, she'd break something of theirs if she didn't out right kill them, and then she'd be in solitary all over again.

The cycle was maddening and the only thing that kept her sane was the knowledge that eventually she'd get to take out her frustrations on the guards. Since arriving she'd become some sort of weird celebrity, but then having more than ten murder charges pinned on you can do that for a person. To say Kyra was pissed was an understatement. She'd been framed, but no amount of strutting her service record or testimony from previous commanders or employers helped her case. Someone important wanted her locked away forever and for the life of her she couldn't figure out who'd she'd ticked off so badly to have her life end where it was.

Eventually she'd get free and find out. Then someone would be sorry they hadn't simply killed her in the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom