Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glory To The Hunter [Bounty Hunt, Dev Thread]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"], [member="Lady Agony"], [member="Cabur Aranar"],

Aboard The Siege Tower,

HK was in the armory of his old adventuring Protectorate ship, The Siege Tower, the nimble frigate was already traveling through the blue shining tunnels of the hyperspace. He gathered a group of young, promising bounty hunters, aspiring to really hone their skills in the craft and learn proper tactics, a rather scrappy bunch that was as likely to start a barfight as actually catch their targets. Still, the droid had hopes for them and decided to give it a try, besides, he needed some guinea pigs to test out some of his newer toys and the machine calculated they would do just fine.

There was Kat, that huntress, probably the most aspiring out of the trio he selected, Agony who the machine thought was a bit disturbing and he was not sure where the machine ended and organic begun, it was a mess, and then there was Cabur, who was.. Cabur? He was cool, maybe, the droid did had to carry him out of an exploding station before but the two of them got along well and made a rather good team. HK hoped that Cabur would do good enough to prove worthy as his apprentice so that the droid would have someone to tag along with him on his missions or just around his palace on Abregado. He would feed Cabur well and take him on walks after all.

Either way,

Once the trio would make their way to the armory, they would find the droid there clad in his now usual Phrik armor, polished and silvery, on his equally silvery metal body, more Phrik made to look like bare bones. While he waited for them he was juggling a collection of black balls connected together via black cable, it were the prototype for his Magnetic Bolas, electromagnetic balls connected together through graphite, the trinket he was hoping for them to test while they trained.

[member="Neldar Poska"],

Meanwhile,

The unsuspecting Gonk were still left to their own devices, the crew of the Siege Tower, managed to track down their position, and they were enroute, but it would still be some time before the frigate caught up with the alien mercenaries. With their beady little insect eyes and love for gas. They will learn the righteous fury of sweet lady justice.

Pandora had no idea how exactly she ended up her. Compared to her normal jobs this all seemed very shiny, very official and very boring. A friend of a friend of a friend had passed the mission on to her with only minimum of information about the task she would have to fulfil, who she was working for exactly or anything else that would put her up to speed about all this. Not that it really mattered, she would basically do anything as long the paycheck was big enough.

The metal woman walked through the corridors of the ship, a terrifying sight for those not prepared. A pale, walking corpse kept together by black, cold durasteel, the four mechanical thorns forming a silhouette that had more resemblance to a deformed spider than to a human being. Most of her body was shrouded under her black dress, hiding the open systems that either had been damaged in action or never had been finished in the first place as he cybernetics never left the prototype stage.

As she reached the armory her sensors already informed her about the droid in close proximity before her eyes could meet the silver metal shell. She wasn't a fan of droids, they always served as reminder of what she would be without her rest of humanity. It wasn't really the fault of the droids, but she despised them anyway, simply to keep herself from basically becoming one. Her mind was already trailing of back into her self loathing or more precisely the hate for her metal prison, but she stopped herself before she could fall into a hole again. She had work to do after all.

"You're the one in charge here?"

Lady Agonys tone was cold and professional, revealing nothing about the things going on inside her. This was business after all, and she wouldn't allow herself to show weakness or any feelings at all. Who would take a bounty hunter serious that felt threatened by a droid?

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Lady Agony"],

If the droid could wretch or throw up, he would once he saw Agony in "the flesh", but he kept things professional, for now at least, so when the cyborg asked her question,

"You're the one in charge here?"

He nodded, answering back with,

"Yes, I am your employer."

HK in charge, of our days, and our lives. His voice was monotone, neither fully cold or warm but somewhere in between, the voice of William Daniels/Mr Feeny stuck in emotionless limbo, only changing volume and pitches to try and mimic the fluctuation of organic tone but never quite becoming the real thing.

"You must be the one they call 'Agony', curious choice in a name, does not leave much to imagination."

He turned away from her, his long black cloak swishing behind him, armor plates adorning his metal body clanking softly as he looked through the gadget galore he assembled,

"At least in my name one is left to wonder, am I there to Hunt them or Kill them?"

HK quipped as he picked up one of the magnetic bolas, turning about to face Agony again,

"But you can call me the Iron Knight, it is the codename most governments, and the Bounty Hunters Guild, knows me by."

He tossed the connected black balls to Agony gently,

"Here, new experimental bolas, made from lightsaber resistant materials. We are still waiting for few others,"

HK of coursed referred to [member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"], [member="Cabur Aranar"], and now a new wild card addition [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], who he agreed to brought aboard because they were really scraping the barrel. He knew little about Nate or his works, the background checking process hasn't exactly completed on him by the time mission had to start and they dragged Nate along. In fact, the droid wasn't so sure as to what Nate's name was.

"If you had to make a choice in a weapon, would you prefer to use your own hands, fight with a melee armament, a shotgun, pistol, or a rifle?"

"Oh, I thought that the iron knight is aware that a name is often given and not taken in our line of work."

A feint, distant smile danced over her face for a moment, to complete the image she was trying to project on the outside. In all honesty, she wasn't a fan of the name that had been given to her, she despised it with all what was left of a heart inside her chest. Yet she never made an attempt to change it, as being known as a cybernetic monstrosity was very lucrative for a bounty hunter. And when there was something that could make her forget her pain, at least temporarily, it was money and unreasonable luxury.

Her sensors monitored the path of the metal balls thrown at her, moving her arms to catch them with robotic precision. She wasn't sure what to do with them, the droid had said that they were made out of lightsaber resistant material so she supposed that she had a anti jedi or sith weapon in her hands. Still in her opinion there were better ways to fight a jedi, at least the way she would imagine such a fight. A jedi or sith was on of the things still missing in her list of kills she could reference when asking for more money.

"Depends on the situation, but if I had to make a choice without any additional information ... I would say my own hands."

The mechanical thorns that had rested motionless besides her arms moved and snapped like metal snakes, as she spoke, again furthering her impression of a cybernetic monster. Her right hand gave the thorn closest to it a pet, making a dull, and empty metallic sound. When she was alone she often fantasized about cutting them of, but who she was when no one was around was nobody's business but her own.

[member="HK-36"]

Kat'Lariah Syphex

Don't. Even. Think about it.
The doors of the armory slid open as Kat approached them, a subtle hiss reaching her ears, and soon after the semi-mechanical speech of a cyborg, followed by the synthesized voice of a droid.

"Here for a job." the huntress said as she stepped beyond the threshold. Turning to the cyborg she asked, "You the client?"

The nearby Hunter Killer droid was likely just another bounty hunter she reasoned. She hadn't heard of any droids ever hiring bounty hunters...most simply didn't have the processors to do anything but take orders. Those who did often didn't survive long as hunters or criminal masterminds. Where they succeeded in practicality, strategy, surgical and precise objective, they lacked unpredictability, the ability to improvise. And they were often bound by numbers. A living being did what they did simply because they could.

[member="Lady Agony"], [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="HK-36"], @Cabur Aranur

HK-36

[member="Lady Agony"], [member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"],

"It can be both, depending if you will allow for others to dictate it to you or carve out your own name in the tablets of Galactic History."

The droid would pick up a pair of gauntlets, passing them off to Agony, that was when Kat would come in,

"On Abregado we call these Electro-Cestus, they are fighting gauntlets, with thick durasteel plating for protection and bludgeoning, an electro-padding for interfering with mechanical components and stunning, and three long claw blades within the vambrace, made with Cortosis weave to resist energy weapons like lightsabers. The edges are also lined with purified Cortosis, enough to deactivate a lightsaber upon a hit, but be wary, for Cortosis in its purified form is very fragile, it easily chips away during combat."

He would look to Kat then, to answer her question,

"I am your employer, she will be working alongside you. If you had to make a choice in a weapon, would you prefer to use your own hands, fight with a melee armament, a shotgun, pistol, or a rifle?"

HK in charge of our days and all that, moving on, he asked as he went back to the collection of gadgets and weapons, glancing to Agony to continue their conversation,

"When I was first forged and my programming formed, they named me Hunter Killer Series 36, model 1, I was rather unique, one of the first droids possessing artificial intelligence, capacity to learn and adapt over time as new variables and equations were encountered, observing them and absorbing into my arsenal of algorithms. However, my creator was soon killed by the Hutts and I was taken into their employ, as a body guard of sorts. It was a rather bland job but I did observe their political methods, had some practice with rifle and pistols. The Hutt who claimed me made an unfortunate choice of owning debt to Mandalorians, and when new Mandalore came to power, later called the Ultimate, he decided to collect so that he could fund his Crusades. The Hutt was not able to pay, so he was killed, and I was taken to serve Mandalorians. They taught me the value of good armor and codes of honor, with them my abilities were tested as I was sent to hunt the Jedi during the Mandalorian Crusades. Of course, the Mandalorians failed eventually as Revan rose to power and I was captured by the Jedi. Against their better choice I was taken into their service instead of being disassembled, I was taught how to wield a lightsaber and the mysteries of the Force, and in turn I taught their younglings. Eventually they realized how dangerous I became as I gathered more knowledge, so they tried to have me destroyed. I escaped and I traveled the Galaxy, learning, working for no one but myself, gathering resources and strength."

He fished out another magnetic bolas, tossing them to Kat,

"New experimental bolas, made from lightsaber resistant materials."

HK explained shortly before looking to Agony,

"Millenniums have passed and here I am, as the Iron Knight, still gathering more knowledge, more strength, still working in my own name, one that I chose for myself as a free being. You do not have to live with the titles other place upon you, in the end your path is your own choice, and your sole responsibility."

Kat'Lariah Syphex

Kat listened to the droid with interest. An AI? Thats pretty impressive. It sounds like he's seen some things. she though as she caught the bolas with one hand. "Choice of weapon uh? In general or are we talking a particular scenario?" Those kinds of questions never had a single answer. If she hand to fight someone close up, she'd take a knife or a pistol. If she had to fight from a distance, a blaster rifle. Shotguns were never her style. And while she certainly could kill with her barehands, any advantage she could get, she would gladly take.

Kat glanced at the cyborg next to her. She was certainly an interesting creature. It would seem that she had also been through the wringer just from her physical appearance. Whatever had happened to her, Kat didn't think she wanted to know.

[member="Lady Agony"], [member="HK-36"], [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Cabur Aranar"]

"Thanks for your wisdom, master jedi. May the force be with you."

Her words were loaded with any bit of sarcasm she could give. Pandora mockingly bowed in front of the robot, but it was more of a joke than an insult. He tried to dictate to her that others shouldn't dictate her life. Only his story overshadowed the absurdity of getting life advice from an droid who believed himself enlightened. Every being, synthetic or not would probably develop a tendency for philosophical babbling after living a few years to long. Again it was something for the list of things that didn't really mattered in the end, at least as long as the droid had more than words to pay in the end. Based on the weapon he gave her and his ship, chances were high that she didn't needed to worry about that.

The gauntlets were a weapon that exactly suited her taste, raw and brutal, and they would do nicely combined with her cybernetics. The other huntress wasn't exactly an open book, and it was hard to judge her based on the few words she had heard from her. Time would tell if they would get along good enough for this to be fun.

Turning to the other huntress, Pandora allowed her almost colorless eyes to wander over the other woman. She couldn't resist but to feel a bit of envy over her healthy body, a body that wasn't kept together by black durasteel. Yet she couldn't allow herself to show her feelings, as it was even more important to keep her image intact towards a future competitor. Today they might would to work together, but the next they could stand against each other when the price was right. No one would fear Pandora Thorn, but Lady Agony was terrifying enough to avoid any confrontation.

"Welcome. I'm Lady Agony, and it seems like we will work together today. What a pleasure isn't it?"

Her tone was cold and apathetic, as she looked in the distance without actually focusing anything, while her thorns danced around her body with the beauty and elegance of a dieing spider.

[member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"] [member="HK-36"]

Long strides brought him to the door, his black cloak swirling around him, fiery eyes blazing out from underneath his hood. If one payed enough attention, they would see the mix of emotions hid behind those flames; hatred and the thirst for revenge were the main two, as he left the more passionate Things to the bus boys. Multiple weapons were visible on the man, but the most noticeable would be the black saber staff at his waist, or perhaps the vibro blade the spanned the length of his back.

Passing a redheaded woman, he stood in front of the cyborg, sizing her up, his tack for technology kicking in. She too had had her share of being torn apart and stitched back up. Of course, she would have a much higher percent of bodily metals enhancements than himself, but could she regrow her nervous system or a severed arm? Perhaps, but he was mostly human.

Moving past both females, he would stand before the droid, arms crossed. "I want in....whatever it is you need."

[member="Lady Agony"], [member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"], [member="HK-36"]

Kat'Lariah Syphex

The cyborg spoke to Kat, "What a pleasure isn't it?"

Pleasure? No. It was business. Still there was no reason she couldn't have a little fun on this mission. After all she did enjoy her job. The rush and thrill.

Kat offereed a hand to shake in response to the woman, "Yeah, it is. Kat'lariah Syphex. Just call me Kat." she said. While others might be wholly unsettled by the cyborgs appearance, it was merely an oddity for Kat. Growing up in the core of Sith space, she'd seen much worse. Besides. No reason to anger someone who may one day try to kill her. Or save her.

Just as she finished speaking another Hunter entered the space, flowing cloak, a mass of weapons at his back, and malice and hate radiated from him. A cold feeling passed over Kat as her eyes followed him. If he was Sith, there was no way she'd be sticking around...she'd have to kill him first...make sure that he didn't get word back to her family or anything near Sith space. Of course, the chances he cared about a run-away Sith Apprentice were slim. But she wasn't about to risk her family hunting her again.

"I want in...whatever it is you need." said he. Yeah...if he were Sith she doubted he'd lower himself to the humble career of a bounty hunter...still...better safe than sorry. At least she wouldn't kill him. Yet.

(Damn [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], what the hell did I miss?)

[member="Lady Agony"], [member="HK-36"], [member="Cabur Aranar"]

HK-36

[member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"], [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Lady Agony"],

"Thanks for your wisdom, master jedi. May the force be with you."

The droid had a few choice words about the Jedi, but this was neither time nor place for that lengthy discussion, at Agony's quip he merely pointed his silver finger at her,

"Respect your elders."

He quipped back, although due to the lack of tone it was hard to tell whether it was in humor or not. Either way, he turned his attention back to Kat,

"I meant in general, but it does not matter, here,"

He would pick up one of the pistols he had about,

"We call these the Gados Magnetic Revolvers, it is the first shattergun in existence which can fire in bursts. This is the lighter variant, holds about 50 small caliber pellets, but fires them faster than the speed of sound, I have bent Phrik armor plates with this before. Almost completely silent, you get about three consecutive bursts before the battery pack dies, to burst pull the trigger and hold it there, then to reload the chamber pull back on the lever behind it."

And then Nate joined them, as he came in he was greeted by the droid,

"Ah, you must be Jeff."

Again, he was still unsure what his name was due to the delay in paperwork processing,

"You are already in, Jeff, do not worry, otherwise you would not be allowed on board in the first place."

HK turned away from him to pick up another set of gadgets, bolas and a bowcaster, passing them to Nate,

"You seem like you can handle these, an experimental lightsaber resistant bolas and what we call a Bobcaster, it is an upgraded design of a bowcaster, augmented by the Gados magnetic systems. Hold the trigger and it will load up to five bolts at once, making it rather useful in close quarters, but be wary, they can bounce off of walls."

He looked aside to the doorway, still expecting Cabur, he must have overslept or somethign, but unfortunately the droid could not tarry much longer,

"Alright, listen up, jerks, you have been gathered here today by the design of the Guild of Bounty Hunters because you are the most promising young hunters of this Galaxy- and pretty much every other hunter is either dead or prefers to work alone- and I was given the task of supplying you for the duration of your mission, providing guidance should it be necessary, and evaluate your performance due to my experience in this profession, successes at bringing in targets in the recent history- and I was pretty much the only one willing to put money and credits into organizing this."

HK put the gadgets away for now, looking over the trio,

"Both me and the Guild hope that we will be able to cultivate you into leaders of a new generation of Bounty Hunters who will revitalize the profession and usher a new age of prosperity to benefit us all without killing each other in the process."

He motioned over himself,

"You may call me the Iron Knight, it is the codename most governments know me by. If you are familiar with the recent Mandalorian history you would know me as the bounty hunter who brought RC 212 to justice, the Deathwatch Pirate Lord who dropped a nuclear war head on Keldabe, Mandalorian capital, during its siege by the Sith. For this I was paid by the Mandalorian government with a large sum of money, and by what was known as Protectorate at the time with a planet to rule over as I see fit, making it one of the most profitable bounty hunts in recent history."

HK looked over them again,

"So, who here can tell me what Ganks are?"

He gave the droid a sideways glance, as his name was not even close to Jeff. But of course, it wasn't necessary. If the droid didn't know his real name, he knew that much less about him. "Let's...let's just say that I am and leave it at that." Deep voice rumbling, he would pull back his hood, felling a pair of eyes on him. Turning, he would lock eyes with the redhead a few feet away. Burning eyes would meet her grey ones. He of course, was for the most part taller than most people, and he towered over pretty much all three, and he had to look down slightly at her before he spoke softly, but a dangerous tone lingered beneath his deep monotone voice.

"Something on your mind miss?" Sensing her mistrust, he chose to bring it up to prove he wasn't afraid to act upon anything. "With the way your lookin at me I would swear you were thinking about something midly important." It was then the droid decided to offer the bowcaster, a suitable weapon. Holding it in a single handed grip, he looked down the sight, the droids next few words making him scoff. Jerks? Then after his speech, he would nod, arms still crossed. "Yeah, they're carnivorous, cyborg killers. I've killed too many of them as is; what are we doing with them?"

[member="HK-36"], [member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"], [member="Lady Agony"]

Kat'Lariah Syphex

As the tall forboding figure drew back his hood and locked eyes with her she could feel the utter hell that radiated from the man. "Something on your mind miss?" he said, in a way that seemed to indicate that he knew what she thought. And that she was right to be afraid. Kat clenched her jaw and glared back, her attention stolen away by the new toy in her hands.

The revolver was hefty, but it had stopping power. She flicked out the drum out and gave it a quick spin, watching a moment as the various cartridges span before her before flicking the drum back closed.

The droid then handed the tall man a "bobcaster" and proceeded to give a long speech, with more information than really necessary...for a droid, he talked a lot....

[member="HK-36"], [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Lady Agony"], [member="Cabur Aranar"]

It looked like the group was complete, or at least as complete as it would get today. She had no opinion about the new guy that had just joined them, but judging from his outside appearance and collection of weapons it was easy to guess that he was a bit more experienced than the other woman and herself. This could mean that he was a valuable asset, or that he would be a annoying and arrogant son of a sith who thought that he could order her around. Time would have to tell, but compared to the woman and the droid the man lacked any sympathy even in bounty hunter standards. He had something unsettling, something she couldn't really place, but she strongly disliked it.

It seemed important to her to make an impression on him, one that would last. Fear was the most effective security measure after all. She turned to the man as he answered the question of the droid, revealing a glimpse of the task that they had been called in for. Again her thorns danced around her body, with erratic and seemingly random movements and she made an effort to look even more dead than normally, by letting her head hand low. Chances were high that it wouldn't be enough to impress the man, but it would be better than nothing.

"A pleasure to meet you "Jeff". I think we will have a lot of fun together."

Her voice was calm, and her tone was rather apathetic, as he spoke to the other hunter. Pandora wasn't a perfect actress but her cybernetic shell could easily cover up her true feelings on the outside. The black dursteel showed nothing of the fear and the sadness that lived under it.

[member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"] [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"],

If Nate was still just over 2 meters than HK would be one of the few beings still taller than him, although on average the droid chose to appear around 1.80 meters tall or shorter, he could stretch his current Phrik body to the height of General Grevious, just over 7 feet, 2.16 meter, after whom the body was modeled or taller, due to movable "shapeshifting" plates his body was composed of. Considering he was out of combat and trying to impress in a way, appearing taller would make sense.

[member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"], [member="Lady Agony"],

Either way, the droid in a way was reminded of his time teaching the younglings back in the Jedi Temples, Nate and Kat were flirting, or what the droid perceived as flirting, and Agony seemed to dooze off,

"Agony this is no time to nap."

He commented on her hanging her head, still unsure how her body worked, he just assumed that it was a sign of her falling asleep. But still, he motioned to Nate,

"But yes, Steve, that is right, the Ganks will be your targets, they are known for their advanced armor and cybernetics, as well as savage nature and dislike for all Force Users, back in the day they were on a path of destruction, until the Jedi stopped and scattered them. Since then they were mostly employed by Hutts. As me or Agony,"

HK motioned to the cyborg,

"Can tell you, droids and cyborgs usually have high resistance to chemical warfare and the void of space. I have reasons to believe that the Ganks will try to gas you within their ship or jettison you into space, if they do not simply traveled with their ship pumped full of gas, a tactic I begun to notice being used more frequently in recent times."

[member="Neldar Poska"], nudge nudge, the Ganks would pick up on a signature about to exit hyper-space in location near them,

"According to Guild reports there will be only ten of them at most, your objective is to kill the Gank Murder Master and capture his head, the rest of his crew can be taken dead or alive. You are to keep their ship undamaged as it was stolen, after the Ganks are dealt with we will be returning it to its rightful owner. I do not doubt that any one of you could deal with them on your own, the Guild will not evaluate you based on how well you will complete this mission, but how well you will work together."

HK looked over them, calculating that may be the hard part, considering there was some tension in the room already,

"You will be paid regardless, but if your evaluation will be negative then we are back to square zero and revitalization of the Guild falls apart again, succeed as a team and your job, as well as of the other hunters, will become much easier. Not to mention further financing coming your way for future group missions."

The droid started to walk towards the doorway out of the armory, motioning for the three bounty hunters to follow him,

"How many of you know the old Bounty Hunter's Code?"

He glanced back to them over his shoulder slightly as he lead them towards the frigate's hangar, his armor plates clanking softly, black heavy cloak fluttering slightly and flashing the weapons hanging off of his belt, shatterguns and a couple of hilts, one elongated, one clearly a lightsaber.

The ship would shook softly as it entered real-space with a flash of light, intercepting the Ganks on their way to Nadiem, quickly closing in to capture the mercenary ship within their tractor beam to stop them from escaping.

[member="HK-36"] [member="Lady Agony"] [member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"] [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

As the ship came on their sensors and closed in, the Ganks frantically scrambled. Their leader horribly tried commanding ground forces into spaceship stations, it was a mess. However, one turbolaser was able to be manned properly, and they started firing off blasts at the ship and whatever came from its hangar. The 200meter little Agave Picket started to boost its engines, trying to escape the tractor beam, but only ending up overheating its engines.

By the time HK and his crew would approach, the engines would be looking very bad, but before they would try a different route, the engines would blow and throw the team off course slightly.

Boarding would initially be quiet, but all at a rush, the Ganks would surround them and hailfire of Flechette rounds; explosives tipped multiple armor penetrating shotgun shella erupting in their direction with complete disregard for the ship, systems, and internal hull. A Gank or two might attempt to get around them and bite at them, being starvingly hungry.

Kat'Lariah Syphex

"No bounty is worth dying for. Bounties are marks, not people. Capture by design, kill by necessity. But there is only capture, or kill. You can't do both. Don't interfere in another's hunt. Always assist another Hunter when asked. And above all, never kill another hunter." Kat said. The old code had never been given set in stone verse like the Jedi or Sith Codes. It was simply a law that all had known, but no one spoke. "Its an ideal that few follow these days. In case you hadn't noticed the galaxy is in worse shape than it been in...well ever."

The age of romance and chivalry had died long ago. It had died with the first Jedi Order on Coruscant. It died with the Galactic Empire. Now it was simply every man for himself. If you weren't willing to do what it took to survive...well you just didn't. Sure, the Jedi still ran around with their ideals, and the Sith with their cruel pragmatism, but they weren't alone anymore. The galaxy was a fractured and broken place. Kat didn't think it'd ever heal.

[member="HK-36"], [member="Lady Agony"], [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Cabur Aranar"], [member="Neldar Poska"]

He growled softly, not because he minded being called Steve or Jeff, because the droid insisted on doing so and changing the name so frequently. But it did not matter much, with the looks he was receiving from both women signified that they already did not like him. Which was fine, he worked by himself for a very long time, despite they fact that this mission was to be a team effort.

Listening to the droid, then ,Kat, he would nod. "Yeah, I live by them. Overall, the rules are that you can't interfere with another Hunter 's Chase, you can't deny any hunter aid, nor kill another hunter...only the registered one's of course. Freelancers are just that, Free." Getting his bowcaster up, he would strip himself of his cloak, not wanting to be hindered by its long folds. Of course, he would have very minimal armor beneath, surly making the others think he was crazy, but they'd soon see otherwise when his wounds would heal.

[member="HK-36"], [member="Lady Agony"], [member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"], [member="Neldar Poska"]

HK-36

[member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"], [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Lady Agony"],

((Yeah, I'm just really busy with finals and projects for the end of semester so outside of faction stuff with GA I don't really have much time for other threads right now.))

"You know it, good. It was first designed, much like the code of the Jedi Order, to keep the Guild of Bounty Hunters from self-destruction, promoting cooperation and honor over betrayal fueled by greed. The Bounty Hunters were much different back in those days, they were not mercenaries of today, but intergalactic law enforcers, bringers of justice respected by the common citizens of the Galaxy, it was a very respected profession. But over the years things changed, the Hunters started to care about profits more than bringing in criminals, begun to ignore the code, first backstabbing each other so that they would not have to split the bounties, eventually placing bounties on each other to thin down the competition."

The droid explained, reminiscing the Bounty Hunters' history as they entered the hangar,

"Now the code is more of an agreement between the hunters, if you promise not to betray them hopefully they will honor it and return the sentiment. I hope that one day the reputation of Hunters will change and they will be able to reclaim their position as protectors of the law abiding, it may not ever come, but we can always try by teaching the Code to others and adhering to it."

HK would lead them to one of the ships parked within the frigate's hangar, it was a sleek black vessel, few of them were seen around the Galaxy but they could probably tell that it was a stealth ship, a couple of HK droids in old Protectorate armor and with grey cloaks hanging off of their shoulders were hanging around its open doorway and lowered ramp,

"This is the Knight of the Eclipe, my personal stealth transport, you will be taking it to board the Gank ship,"

He motioned over the transport vessel,

"And these are Ironborne and Bladeknight,"

His gesture moved to the two droids by the ship,

"They are my copies and part of the Greycloaks, my personal honor guard. They will be your guides and back-up in case things go out of hand, they will also ensure you will not destroy the Eclipse."

HK looked to Nate, Agony, and Kat,

"So, any last questions to me before you will set off?"

[member="Neldar Poska"],

The Gank still had some time before they would be boarded, no need to rush things after all! It did however give them time to prepare for boarding action. In the mean time, their turbolaser shots would splash against the shields of the Siege Tower, causing the ship to shake slightly but dispersing any damage, soon enough the frigate would fire off a volley of blue lights as it returned fire with ion shots to disable the corvette's systems without sinking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom