Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give Suggestions on Legislations

Hello! Senator Darren Brunswick here. :cool:

So as many of you may know, senators are supposed to propose new legislations to be put into a vote in the Galactic Senate. I've created this thread so that people (that are not senators) that may have any ideas for a new legislation that we do not have yet can post their ideas here. I'll look at your idea and I might propose it to the Senate as a newly proposed legislation. If there is also an issue in the Republic that could be resolved by a legislation, please let us legislators know by posting it here.
...so anyone has any new legislation ideas for the Republic?

Droids who are self-aware should have the right to choose what they want to do. Forcing on them the mundane and dangerous jobs biologicals wouldn't do isn't right.

Also, memory wiping is deplorable. To take away the memories of a droid and wipe them away forever is damaging.

Droids should have the right to be who they want and do what they want. Naturally, they'd follow the laws of the Republic, but to keep a droid chained up and told it's nothing more than property aggravates Rodo.

Nonsensical :p

The only thing a droid can ever achieve is the impression of sentience. It is still just a series of code giving it. Awareness does not lead to sentience, they are programmed to be aware. They are built as property and designed as such. They do not just one day achieve individuality and gain rights. Nonsense.

I might be code, but your body is one of electrical signals given out to do your every action. One could say you're no more than a machine since many of the things you do are really not chosen by you, but by what your body needs.

Especially in the light of the fact that we've just gotten out of...a galactic war against droids led by an independent AI (or are still fighting one, I'm not sure)!

It was pretty destructive. One would think there'd be more anti-droid feeling among the plebs (irrational, since so much depends on them, but still).

If a Jedi turned into a Sith, which has happened before, you wouldn't set up anti-Jedi sentiments, would you?

And how do you explain me, Supreme Chancellor? I'm sentient and sapient.

As I understand it, and it's true I have only second hand information here, you are a shard, not a genuinely sentient droid. I may be wrong, but even if you are, one of anything does not a legislation make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom