Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Operative Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
dawn_under_heaven_odst_by_wkc7783-d5g7bb4.jpg

Intent: To serve as the primary armor of a Ghost operative.
Development Thread: None unless required
Hero Unit: No
Manufacturer: Voyage Industries
Model: custom
Affiliation: Designed for Ghost Operatives.
Modularity: Yes
Production: Unique
Material: Reflec, Armorweave, Cortosis
Description: The Ghost operative armor was created by a rogue military science group which stemmed from a syndicate supporting Special operations and Special Warfare. The group was charged with engineering perfect soldiers and an emphasis on stealth and versatility was placed on the armor. It was funded using government contracts from several interested parties, but never fielded until recently.

Additional features of the armor include:
Helmet: Multi targeting systems, Sensor array, HUD, Commlink, Rebreather, Thermal Vision, Night Vision, Glare adjustable visor, Automatic sealing process to cut off sound that is above normal combat decibels. Seals to suit.
Body, Cuirass:
Built in crystal circuitry for AI interface: An artificial Intelligence is networked into the armor allowing the user to have a second set of eyes and ears. It can interface with the HUD as well as modify power output from the cells.
Twenty minute oxygen reserve tank.
Stealth field Generator: A small signal scrambler is built in to a node on the back. The node weighs five lbs . It is powered by a power cell. The armor plating itself can act both as a mirror and a solar panel relay allowing sustainable recharge or cloaking ability.
The armor also contains a cloaking ability that will render the light around the armor to be absorbed and reflected back by Reflec and crystalline circuitry. Effectively the armor acts as a flawless mirrors reflecting back a projection of its surroundings. This allows the user to remain invisible to the eye and most conventional vision.
Heat vision will pick up the armor profile due to the heat created by the armors processes.
Gauntlets: Power servos in the gauntlets increase strength of the users grip and arm muscles. High powered magnets allow the user to pick up metal objects or to cling to metal surfaces. Holo-projector, AI interface plug; concealed under sliding plate. Twin ejectable Vibroblades concealed under knuckleplates.
Legs: Power servos in the legs allow for faster movement and enhanced strength in the legs, allowing the user to run faster, considering physical conditioning is up to par.
Boots: The Boots also have a magnetic traction, allowing user to grip to metal surfaces for greater stability.

Additional Kit: There is a combat load harness that slips over the armor. Magazines, holsters, grenades and other essentials can be attached via a Modular system.
Load capacity
Twelve Mags
Ten Grenades
One satchel for explosives
Leather holster for pistol
Three point sling for weapon

Rucksack: 50lbs. Allows the carrying of Engineer/Sapper tools as well as Combat loads; Entrenching shovel, survival tent, extra ammunition.
(Think standard us army MOLLE gear)

Strengths: The Ghost Operative armor allows the user to remain concealed for a short period of time. It allows the user to have increased strength in hands and arms and increased speed and Strength in the legs. It also allows the interface of an AI. Very tough to crack with a conventional weapon.
Weaknesses: The Armor is a high maintenance item. Only ten ever fielded. There is also an issue with the electronics. An EMP will disable all circuitry. This renders the following processes impervious
Stealth
AI
HUD
Enhanced strength and speed
Magnetic hands and feet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 35lbs
Quality: 7

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
I'm currently "denying" this. I will give you a chance to edit and try to make acceptable, but here is my thoughts.

1. This feels more Halo than Star Wars
2. The weight is way too light and needs to be in metric system
3. Cortosis. Eh no period. The standard for lightsaber resistance is way high plus number 4.
4. If this is used by more than one person, which this seems to be, than it isn't unique.
5. I would just plain not approve that stealth system as currently written especially considering number 4.
6. This isn't a requirement but if its a genetically engineered super soldier I'd like to see the soldier get a tech entry for Species before I approve of this armor. As I said this thing is very very similar to the Halo Spartan 3 program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom