Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghashthran (Fire Spiders/Seekers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
gears_of_war_2_ticker_by_lugnut1995-d5wblmi.jpg

http://img09.deviantart.net/4598/i/2013/057/3/7/gears_of_war_2_ticker_by_lugnut1995-d5wblmi.jpg
(Epic Games)

Name:
Ghashthran

Designation:
Semi-Sentient

Homeworld:
Gratos

Language:
Can be trained to understand basic commands (any language)

Average Lifespan:
13 years

Estimated Population:
2.3 Billion (throughout all 4 Graug colonies + Gratos)

Average height of adults:
2.3 feet

Average length of adults:
2.5 feet

Skin color:
Dark Grey-Green

Hair color:
None

Distinctions:
- Strong teeth that secrete acid (capable of crushing Durasteel)
- Two stomachs, one for digestion and another for breaking down materials such as durasteel (which is expelled back through poors in the skin)
- No eyes
- Hard shell on back capable of resisting blaster bolt strikes (Armor Rating 6)
- Hunts is packs or swarms
- Often are bread with bombs molded into their shells
- Their clawed hands can merge together to form spiked ends or seperate to form hands

Breathes:
Type I

Strengths:
- Due to their long lives spent in the darkness underground or in the thick jungles of Gratos, the species has evolved without eyes. Instead, much like Miraluka, the Ghashthran utilize force-sense to navigate their surroundings. This power evolved alonside their predatory nature, giving their senses acute senseitivty to dark and lightside force signatures; allowing them to track force-sensetives for miles. Graug often train them to hunt the most powerful force user in the area, making them fantastic blood hounds.

- The teeth of the Ghashthran are made out of corrosion resistant bones that are capable of eathing through most metals given enough time, if not through simply crushing and tearing it, then by the acid that secrets through the pours of the teeth to weaken it over time. Not only this, but the creatures have two stomachs; one for digesting food and the other for breaking down minerals such as metal alloys. This evolved because, like most things on Gratos, burrowing under the earth is a necessary survival tactic for the species. However, Gratos' surface is rich with hard alloys and thus the species needed a way to dispose of metals they ate through effectivly. All metals ingested into the second stomach are eventually dispelled as ooze through the poors found throughout the hide of the animal. This ooze then works as a type of cooling mechanism to regulate the creature's body heat.

- The size of the creature makes it easy for the beasts to hide and tuck away in small spaces. A pack or swarm of Ghashthran could easily infiltrate the air or sewage system of a building, city or ship.

- The hard shell on the back of the Ghashthran slowly grows as time goes on. It will even grown around obstructions in its path, sometimes causing Ghashthran to absorb minerals and other items into their shells. The Graug have since learned how to use this for military gain, strapping bombs to the beasts at birth and forcing their shells to grow around the device; creating living bombs.

Weaknesses:
- Lack of eyesight is a blessing in some places and a curse in others. Due to their lack of sight, the Ghashthran must rely on their smell to pick out creatures with low force signatures. Vong and vongshaped individuals are impossible for the Ghashthran to sense and thus they would need to sniff out such a victim; which is a near impossible task in a densly crowded area or with proper precaution taken to mask ones scent. This means that non-force users are far harder to detect with force sense for a Ghashthran and force-deads can be made impossible to find with any of the beasts senses; save for running head-first into them.

- The Ghashthran lack physical strength and must rely on pack numbers to take down a target. A single Ghashtran, while it could chew through metal, eat weapons and snap a hand clean off, is ultimatly little threat against a trained soldier. However, a pack of ten or twenty is a serious challenge and much more dangerous. Without numbers or a bomb strapped to them (which would in turn kill them anyway) a single Ghashthran is little threat.

- The Ghashthran are fast, skittering creatures but lack the same durable hide as the Graug themselves. While a Graug could take several blaster or slug hits naturally, a Ghashthran is lucky to survive one or two.

Races:
None

Diet:
Meat of most kinds
Metal accidentally introduced into the digestive track is usually lethal
Most vegitation will make the creature sick

Communication:
Small ticking noises made with their teeth that display emotion and intent to others of their species

History:
The Ghashthran evolved on Gratos in the thick jungles, rarely seeing the light of day due to the sky-obscurring canopy. Thusly, the creatures had a distinct lack for eyes and evolved to utilize the natural darkside force signature of Gratos. In the early stages of Graug evolution the species was deeply feared as it was not uncommong for swarms of Ghashthran to sweep across a Graug village and decimate it within a matter of minutes. To counter this, The Graug were forced to build their villages far from the jungles for much of their early development.

It wasn't until the Iron Age that Graug discovered how to tame the beasts in small numbers. At this point, however, they did not serve a combat roll and were merely used for construction. Their abillity to get into small spaces and chew through metals was highly saught after and near priceless on underground building projects before the domestication of the Blukthran (or blood spiders that are still used today). It wasn't until the time of the Graug cleansing war that these lowly creatures finally saw a use in combat. In a technique thought of by the Imperial Clan, young Ghashthran were strapped with explosives and sent into enemy camps and hordes; detonating by the hundreds for critical damage.

After their more than successful run in combat during the Cleansing War, Ghashthran quickly earned the name that has been bestowed upon them. They are now bred in captivity by the millions by The Graug to be used as little more than living ordinance. While some still do find use as construction equipment or torture devices, these rolls have long since been passed to other creatures domesticated by The Graug.

Intent:
Fleshing out The Graug and their planet more while creating cool war beasts to use in threads!

Hello, Let’s see what hotness you got for us today!

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Initial review

Hello [member="Darth Vulcanus"],

Here are a few items we will need to discuss.

Darth Vulcanus said:
Strong teeth that secrete acid (capable of crushing ultra-chrome)

Darth Vulcanus said:
Two stomachs, one for digestion and another for breaking down materials such as ultrachrome

Darth Vulcanus said:
teeth of the Ghashthran are made out of powerful ultrachrome based bones that are capable of eating through most metals given enough time, if not through simply crushing and tearing it, then by the acid that secrets through the pores of the teeth to weaken it over time.
I'm gonna take the gorilla in the room first, as you probably know Ultra-chrome is a RM. So adding it to any species or giving said species the ability to destroy it is a major thing.

• The wookiee also sets precedent for this metal to not only be hard to cut also resistant to acid. X
  • "Silver and superconductive, it reflected blaster and slugthrower weaponry, was heavily resistant to lightsaber attacks, and was immune to metal-eating fungi."
  • Plus if their bones / teeth are made out of a substance that is eaten away by acid their teeth secrete, then what would keep their teeth from dissolving?
  • Also as they would be a natural source of ultra chrome and probably be hunted into extinction for it once that was discovered.

For all these reasons I will need to ask you to remove all mention Ultrachrome fro this sub, but if you would like I could easily see them begin able to eat through common metals like durasteel and the like. This would still allow them to be excellent borrowers and deadly ship rats.

Darth Vulcanus said:
Hard shell on back capable of resisting blaster bolt strikes
This is fine to have, a light armored bomb carrier and all. But please be a little more specific and add an armor rating like 6 or so for other players reference.

Darth Vulcanus said:
Estimated Population: 300,000 billion (throughout all 4 Graug colonies + Gratos)

This is a huge number, especially for creature about the size of a medium sized dog. Figuring this creature only eats meat like you stated above the nutrition needs of 300,000 billion is untenable even for 5 worlds. They would be more common than ants on each world (only 14 trillion on earth) and only eat meat.

I could see a total population of maybe 1-2 billion as a much more reasonable number.

So kick out the ultracrome, give them an armor rating and more reasonable population numbers and this will be ready for my approval.

EDIT:

Darth Vulcanus said:
- Due to their long lives spent in the darkness underground or in the thick jungles of Gratos, the species has evolved without eyes. Instead, much like Miraluka, the Ghashthran utilize force-sense to navigate their surroundings. This power evolved alonside their predatory nature, giving their senses acute senseitivty to dark and lightside force signatures; allowing them to track force-sensetives for miles. Graug often train them to hunt the most powerful force user in the area, making them fantastic blood hounds.

Sorry [member="Darth Vulcanus"] one other thing, these guys use the force will need some dev to approved them also.

Sooooo, So kick out the ultracrome, give them an armor rating and more reasonable population numbers and, AND give me a dev thread this will be ready for my approval.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
[member="Bryce Bantam"]

SOOOOOOO, fixed everything and gave them Armor rating 6 with a 2.3 billion population.

I have a thread I'm in right now that'd be good for deving them so that should be along shortly!

[member="Darth Vulcanus"]

Sounds great just let me know when you are ready to proceed. Just as an FYI, will be 20 posts for force sight.

Also just a grammar thing and a tweak.
  • Bred not bread (less they make good sandwiches)
  • Pores not pours (latter is a verb)
  • I was off on my AC rating, 6 would work for a man-sized creature, as these are smaller AC 5 would work better with the one to two shot kill weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom