Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Getting off the Ground

Getting off the Ground

Chain hadn't been with the Zann Consortium for very long, but they had treated him well while he was there. He had ran a few more basic jobs for the organization, but this time they would be doing something more high-profile. He didn't know what the job would be, but he prided himself in being Zann's strongest enforcer. There wasn't a man in the galaxy that could match his ferocity, in his own mind at least.

He would walk down the halls of Scarlett Zann's ship, along with a small crew of consortium mercs he worked along side. Chain wore more armor than any of them, and had a signature heavy sound to each step he took. Reef, a rodian captain for the organization would banter, "No often the boss lady herself needs a crew for something. Ready for this big guy?" Chain would simply nod. "Ready. If we're lucky, maybe it'll be a high paying job." The rest of the crew would all chuckle at that remark. Everyone was wondering exactly what they would be doing here.

Chain had never met the woman herself, but if the stories were true, she was one hell of a fighter.

Scarlett Zann Scarlett Zann

Scar was busy looking over the battle plan in front of her when she looked up to see Reef, one of her captains, and his crew walk into the room. She was not overly fond of Reef as he has messed up on a previous mission and cost her a possibly lucrative future operation, but he had also been known at producing a good following and produced good stock of future captains for her ranks, so she kept him around for the occasional job.

"Hello gentlemen" She said sarcastically as she never hired a gentleman in her life, not that they would enjoy the work she offered any how. "Reef, it is good to see you and the crew you have brought today." She paused as she finished the note that she was writing on her data pad before setting it down and walking around the large planning station to address the crew. "The job today is an increasingly important one. We are taking on the Blade Gang. With our recourses, we can obliterate them from exitance very quickly and easily, however, that would be so wasteful. Your job today is a bit less straight forward. You will be joining me as we invade one of their key set ups and operations." She said as she clicked her remote and projected a holographic projection into the center of the room that they stood.

b49d5dc88726f5f612cc32b56bdce11a.jpg

She then pointed to the upper saucer. "This is the command bridge. It houses their leadership and main command controls. It is key for us to take this area as quick as possible, so, Reef, I need you to pick out your best enforcer to breech this point with me. I will be going to complete hostile negotiations with their leadership. If this fails, we will have you, Reef and the rest of your crew breech this points and get into the fight of taking the station. We will meet in the middle." She said while pointing to the bottom saucer section.

Her plan was simple, but needed the right partner to pull off the breach point. He had to be tough as nails to support her but know when to shut up and let her do the communicating.

Chain Chain
Where Where

"Any questions?" She asked before returning to her data pad.

Chain was very new to the underworld life, any with that came a large number of unknowns. He had never heard of a group called the 'Blade Gang' before. Maybe some of the other mercs mentioned the name a few days ago, but he knew little else about them. Were they called that because they used melee weapons? If so than this job was about to be a real cakewalk for the mutant.

Meanwhile, the rodian captain Reef was a real smooth talker, liked hyping up his accomplishments and buttering up the boss. The captain would be quick to knock on the chest plate of Chain's armor as Scarlett requested his best enforcer. "I think you're gonna like this guy miss Zann. We picked him up a few weeks ago while we were doing a spice deal in the Maw. He's one of the strongest guys I've ever seen, he could rip the arms off a wookie! Says he use to be some kind of sith experiment. I think the kid's got potential though. He's loyal, and fights better than any bounty hunter or merc I've seen."

The heavily armored man would step forward, ignoring the various praises sung by his captain. "Miss Zann, I don't know my true name, but people call me 'Chain'. I owe your people my life. They helped me out of a dangerous situation. If you'd have me, I'd be honored to fight along side you on this one."

Of course, Scarlett would be quick to ask if the crew had any questions. Chain would remain silent, but Reef would ask "So the goal is to take the station then? Do they have many defenses?"

"The arms off a wookie, huh?" Scar said as she came back around the table to give him a better look. She looked him up and down and honestly he did not look much different then her other enforcers in size, but did have on different armor. "I don't know if we will be coming around any wookies, but ripping an arm off someone in front of others can be very persuasive." She said with a laugh. She then looked back at Reef, "They have maybe 50 on the station but its a manufacturing and trade station, so of those 50, maybe 5 to 7 fighters? As far weaponry on the outside of the thing, it has five heavy lasers, here and here." She said as she pointed on top of the top saucer and on the bottom of the bottom saucer. "So approaching from the middle is their blind spot. They typically have one of two star fighters protecting their blind spot, but I have it under good intelligence that those two starfighters have been temporarily re-deployed." She said with a smile like she had something to do with that.

"So, Reef, take the others to landing ship Bravo, while I take your best man here with me" She ordered the captain and his crew as she lead Chain down the opposite hall to her personal landing craft. "So, Chain, tell me a bit about yourself as we walk." She requested of the man.

Chain Chain
Where Where

Reef would cough a bit as Scarlett mentioned the lack of wookies on the job, "Heh. Yes. Well, he's the best we've got for now." Meanwhile, Chain himself would be excited to start the job. It wouldn't be the easiest run in the galaxy, as Miss Zann herself explained the station had multiple laser turret defenses. Chain wasn't much of a pilot, but could be a decent gunner if the situation called for it.

The other mercenaries and Reef both seemed a little uneasy about the operation. Even though there was little resistance on the inside, those laser cannons could do some real damage if their pilots were unlucky. Though none of them were about to object to Scarlett's wishes. Chain himself would do as the woman requested, following by her side while Reef and the rest of the gang prepared for a fight.

She would be quick to ask the mutant about his history, but might be surprised how little there was to it. "I was taken by the Brotherhood of the Maw as a child... They trained me, mutated me, into what I am now. Your boys just so happened to be selling spice in the Maw. The brotherhood sent be to kill your people, but instead... I decided to join them... Here I am now."

Haley Haley

Scar's eyebrow raised as she heard him tell his tale. "You were raised, and mutated into something by them and you simply tore all that raining down in a matter of seconds as you were going to kill my men? That takes a lot more strength then it takes to tear a wookies arm off, I assure you." Scar complimented her companion.

Scar thought about the man and what he must have gone through before shifting her attention back to the mission on hand. She looked at her ship and back at him. "Not much room, but you should fit in the cargo hold that we will be docking with." she told him as she smirked at his size.

As they boarded her boarding craft. she set her gear in one of the seats in the cargo area leaving the other for Chain. As she heard the cargo latch close behind him, she made the appropriate movements on her controls and the ship slowly lifted and departed the hanger. She again radioed over to her other ships and then jumped into hyperspace. It was a short jump, but enough time for them to talk a little before they arrived. she swiveled her chair around and went down to the cargo area and proceeded to equip her gear. She turned to Chain as she was attaching her blaster pistols to her hips. "So you joined the crew that you almost killed? What then? Just pulled some jobs with them and made your way to me to fulfill an assassins' contract?" She half joked.

Where Where
Chain Chain

Chain was pleased to see how well Scarlett was getting along with him. He owed this crime boss his freedom, and she was deserving of it in more ways than one. "You're too kind, miss Zann." He would respond to her remark.

As they reached the ship, it was clear that he was physically too large to fit in a regular seat with his armor on. The cargo hold was much larger, and would more importantly manage to fit his body. "Cargo hold works fine. I've sat in worse, heh." The burly man would make his way to the large room. It was just a huge hall of metal, but it would do. Besides, he was at such a distance to where he and Scarlett would still be able to converse.

Of course, their previous conversation would continue, "Well. After I joined up, Reef tested me a bit. He had me collect a couple debts from a few trandoshans. Sell some guns on Balmorra. That leads me to you."

Haley Haley

(Sorry, wrong account)

Scar nodded and looked content with his reply. "Well it will be good to see your talents up close. Be ready for some bumps as I am pretty sure I know the blind spot of the stations laser cannons, but I may not be lucky today" She said with a slight frown. She climbed back up into the cockpit just a few moments before they exited hyperspace. As they exited, her other ship with Reef and his crew had already arrived and not taking the designated flight path that she had provided him. They started to come under fire from the laser cannons and Scar sighed. She was obviously pissed but she kept her composure to try to save the situation. "Come back to bearings 1.2 by mark 5" She ordered them over the communications. The boarding ship made the adjustments but just before they could get back aligned, Reefs ship was struck multiple times and wend spinning out into open space in catastrophic system failure. Scar once again sighed, she could either continue the mission or fly out and help her stranded crew that may need her help.

Although she and the Zann Consortium did not like the loss of profits, she knew that this operation could be taken another day and recruiting a crew such as the one Reef had assembled takes much more time. "Hold on" She used inner ship communications to tell Chain. She then flung her ship in a sharp 180 and made her way to the stranded vessel and crew. She made quick work of docking protocol and lined up and attached her ship to theirs. "Better put on a helmet with oxygen circulation just in case their hull has been breached." She said to Chain. As soon as she told him this, she realized that he most likely had no idea what was going on. "We are boarding Reefs ship, they took heavy damage, switch your mindset from attack, to rescue." She told him.

Chain Chain

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom