Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get Rid Of Detailed Special Features

I reckon that the Detailed Special Features field in factory submissions is by all accounts unnecessary. Typically it'll just be used as a lengthened version of Special Features; while that helps give the reader a thorough idea of the feature, it's nothing that couldn't be achieved within the Special Features field itself.

As such, I'm suggesting we remove it.

Travis Caalgen

T
Since Aria beat me in the race, I'll just post it here.

After a small discussion about this with [member="Raziel"] and [member="Aria Vale"] in Factory Judge discord, I believe the time is ripe to bring this idea into the factory itself:

We propose that we remove 'DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES' from the templates across the Tech, Vehicle, and Starship boards, as shown below from the 'Basic Technology' template

Raziel said:
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
(Describe in detail the special features of the technology item. )
As Raz brought up, this seems a little redundant given that the Strengths & Weaknesses and the Description themselves can do well enough to describe the abilities of special features, and as Aria said, in Special Features itself.

Raziel said:
As long as we add the text from the starship template that ensures significant strengths in the special features go in strengths then I'm good with this.

I am not opposed and am okay with this. My emphasis would be to ensure that the strengths from links as well as any pertinent weaknesses are clearly displayed for a balanced submission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom