Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genesis

Taris. The land of misfortune. The defined Zabrak known as Maleus sat over a rock in deep meditation. Images of his past returned like a vivid dream. He was forced to relive every painstaking moment of his existence following his decision to become a Sith. There was pain in his heart but inside of that hole there was power. Where there was sadness there was also happiness in proving his strength.

Yes, everything started with power. So too did everything end. So, he had finally reached the finale of his past. He could see his gloved hand reaching to snuff out Tugoro's life, only to loosen his hold and spare him. Nothing followed after.

"What do these messages mean? I've never understood them.. They are nothing more than childish nightmares fueled by my inadequacy."

Grayed lips curled into a thin smile.
He would remain seated against the broken skies of Taris.
[member="Krest"]

"Sup." A voice called out from below @Maleus. A familiar voice at that. With a grin, the red skinned Zabrak would stare upwards, setting both hands behind his head. He had a boyish grin on his face, unbenefiting of someone as high of a rank as Krest once was in an order his fellow Zabrak knew once. A much younger looking Darth Ferus sat below him, tea in hand, idly sipping at the glass. It had been a very long time sense he last saw Maleus, but it didn't seem like all of that changed.

"..." Maleus remained motionless for several moments before what he had just heard registered in his mind. His right eye-lid raised, the crimson lenses widening in surprise. Ferus stood before him, albeit a younger version. There would no mistaking it. He forced himself to his feet and brought his metallic hand over the top of his forehead to save his vision from the ambient light.

"I..I-mpossible.. He'd mutter.." His first instinct was to question the reality that stood before him even. But not because he didn't believe what he was seeing, rather, it was out of fear.

"I-.. I heard you were no more..... How did you.? How do you live? How are you so young?"
[member="Krest"]

"Cloning, alchemy, and a bit of voodoo." A grin formed wider on the Zabrak's face as he looked up at his former apprentice. He'd sip his drink once before setting it down. The glass would be set down before he stood, waving a hand. "You gonna get down here or what?" An expect gaze would be all [member="Maleus"] would see.

He would abide by Ferus's request and make his way down. <This change..> Instinctively his fingers slipped into the hole where his heart would have been had it not been removed. <His demeanor is different..> With each step dust unraveled around his feet and stuck onto his clothing and skin until he was merely inches away from Ferus. There would be no protesting, he would not resist.

He would comply with every word. "I am here." The Zabrakians silver crown lowered with his horns facing Ferus's direction. It was a gesture of formality that he hadn't yet abolished for respect was everything in the Order.
[member="Krest"]

"I.." A pause. Krest blinked at [member="Maleus"] , tilting his head. "What are you doing? No no. There is no more of that. You are not my servant or what not. Rather, I'm here to get you fixed up and what not. Can't be having that hole in your chest anymore." Two quick nods came from the Zabrak before he waved a hand for the grey one to follow. "There has been many changes. Many you don't know yet. I have a lot to explain to you. A lot to apologize for mostly. Like that hole there. Now come with me."

"Wha-?" Maleus followed Krest but the vexed look on his face was priceless. "I see..." The two continued walking and the young Zabrak couldn't shake the feeling that he was talking to an entirely different person. There was no doubting it, his force signature was unmistakable. The same person who raised him into what he was now had returned to fix his injuries? This had to be some kind of test. No, his words were genuine. Though he did blink at the mention of an apology. "But I thought that would ultimately lead me to become stronger. To become like you.."

[member="Krest"]

[member="Maleus"]

"Well yes, that was the goal. But if you didn't know, Darth Ferus died. So becoming like him isn't the best idea." Down a winding path they went, Krest leading the younger Zabrak to his own ship. "Ferus's goal was to kill Vulcanus, and he needed loyal and strong soldiers to do so. But again, he died before he could do it. The hole in your chest was meant to keep you to the Dark Side, so Vulcanus wouldn't know what Ferus's goal was. Yet after Vulcanus was to be dead, Ferus wanted to heal that hole, and bring you back to what he was." A finger would point to himself. "Which is me. Only, he didn't think he would die. I am his clone, filled with his memories, and more or less him. Yet different."

Instantly Maleus was reminded of the gargantuan behemoth that was Vulcanus. He had even met him before and felt how close the dark-side ran through his corrupted soul. He thought it impossible that such an entity -could- find itself defeated. But apparently that seemed to happen as Vulcanus vanished without a trace during the last battle he was in.

But then Maleus found himself upset. The process that his body underwent when he was stripped of his hearts was absolutely agonizing. To know it had been merely created as a tool of deception for Vulcanus angered him.. Not because he was dealt with in that manner because that is how things worked in the Sith order. Rather it was because he was never told. Then again even that wouldn't have been for the best. He understood Ferus's reasons, but not his intent.

"So my master is truly dead and you are his clone.... I stand before a vessel bearing his memories and his wishes... . Yes, you are different.. What was his true purpose? What were you trying to accomplish, who is the true Ferus? I wish to know..."

He watched the craft they were coming to. He would wait for the ramp to crash to the ground before stepping in. But for now his gaze shifted to the elder Zabrak.
"Well?"
[member="Krest"]

"You see, it's not that simple. Well. Actually, it is. He wanted to destroy the Sith, and return to the Grey. After all, that is what he wanted for you. Which is why I'm here!" He nodded once to [member="Maleus"] , smiling.

"Grey...?" He was stunned. Certainly there was talk of those men and women who stood in the middle of it all. Neither Sith nor Jedi yet seemingly embodying both sides of the spectrum or were at least capable of doing so if enough effort was given. "I see." He'd follow behind Ferus into his craft wondering what would happen next.
He was upset about his past
He was anxious about the present.
He wax curious about the future. Only time would tell what would happen now.
[member="Krest"]

"Yes, the Grey. And that is where we are going." Without another word Krest began the flight sequence to the Grey's temple. There all the answers would be given, and until then, [member="Maleus"] would find nothing being said from the elder Zabrak.

Besides the ships exterior humming loudly as it carved through space. The remainder of the vessel was silent. Well, at least inside of the cabin they were housed in. The stars flew at an untraceable amount of speed blurring the strained eyes of the Zabrak who tried to keep up through the view ports. He would take this time to meditate and reflect on what he had heard. There were so many questions but one's he probably knew the answer to but simply wished to ask in order to confirm.

But he had been told what he needed to know and that was enough.

"Reaching intended destination, estimated time of arrival, five minutes." [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]The [/SIZE]artificial[SIZE=14.4444446563721px] voice that bl[/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px]asted through the spe[/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px]akers forced [/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px]a notice[/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px]able jump out of M[/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px]aleus. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]<Guess I'm still [/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px]a bit on edge...>[/SIZE]
<We've [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]arrived..>[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]He looked [/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px]at [member="Krest"][/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom