Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
colin-valek-sword-01.jpg

colin-valek-sword-beauty-01b.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a Unique Sword for Credius Nargath
  • Image Source: [X]
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Sith Sword
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sword
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Very Heavy
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Lightsaber Resistant
  • Can deflect blasterfire
  • Lightning coat: A wielder with great control over forcelightning can coat this weapon with force lightning, which due to the inherent abilities of the materials used won't damage the blade itself.
  • Evolving: Though the weapon can get nicks and scratches during combat, due to the kyber crystal drawing upon the user's darkside force abilities, it allows for a constant stream of energy to run through the blade, allowing it to reform itself rather quickly. Allowing it to repair any flaws within the blade, allowing for the possibility of it even improving upon itself and its flaws to the point where things that first managed to damage it, over time it may grow completely immune to and even superior to. Though this only works as long as there is a steady stream of force through the blade as when it gets cut off, the blade will only retain it's original strengths and weaknesses and thus lose the increased evolution.
STRENGTHS
  • Evolution: With this blade's inate ability to evolve through experience in combat, the longer a battle lasts, the stronger this blade becomes.
  • Sith Sword: It IS a sith sword after all, which means it is a well rounded, well balanced blade of the outmost best craftsmanship imaginable.
  • Can empower and direct darkside powers: Though it draws upon dark side force power to be utilized, it also empowers and concentrates whatever power used through it, such as force lightning and telekinesis.
  • Self repair: Thanks to the used materials and the added sith alchemy, this weapon is capable of repairing itself during a battle, making it a pretty tough cookie.
WEAKNESSES
  • Lightside: Due to it's true darkside nature, strong uses of the lightside may actually damage it much more than things like lightsabers or other weapons, with purification able to completely remove both the sith alchemy and the darkside nature of the embedded kyber crystal.
  • Very Heavy: This weapon is of such weight that one would need to use force body the entire time just to wield it.
  • Force dampening: any material, object or being with force dampening powers or properties also affect this weapon.
  • Presence: It's gota very heavy darkside presence, which will alert others (force sensitive people) if it is not masked properly.
Infinium 01278, a metal which seemed to have practically no other applications than for the AI that credius' companies were building, this due to its liquid status and the only way the regular or common folk would be able to harness its full capabilities. However, through sith alchemy, it was possible to maintain the material into a solid state. Utilizing all the knowledge he possessed and all the experience gained from both his armor, the spirits within the jewel of his house, the years of being a dedicated sith, Credius crafted this weapon within the deepest confines of his home and named it Genesis, as it was to be the instrument of the new age he desired to create.

By combining the most vile and dark of sith alchemy at his disposal, he aimed to create a blade which could grow and improve itself, to strengthen itself with every swing, to always reign supreme in the end, that was the goal. By combining this alchemic spells and runes with the mallable form of the infinium metal would provide such a sword, but the blade had an obvious downside, for it was so steeped in darkness, so tainted by the depravity and darkness within the sith lord's mind that it's metal rather than taking on the usual golden color of the infinium, turned into a sickening blood red, signifying the lust for blood and ruthless abandon which it now carries.

Last edited:
The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Credius Credius

For the most part this is a cool concept, but I got a few questions before I can stamp this.
  • Your image seems to be broken in your spoiler, so you might want to fix that.
  • I'd weaken the language of the evolution strength, because it is pretty absolute right now. Things being completely immune, unbreakable is a touch too overpowered.
  • Since its alchemized I believe that ysalamiri and voidstone would neutralize/weaken the Force-aspects of the sword? If that is the case, please add it into the weakness section.
Let me know once you have fixed things and tag me with your thoughts for the other questions.

Arage Bao Arage Bao

• Nope it isn't broken, I reckon that is an issue on your end, it works perfectly and the links aren't broken(double checked)
  • Note that that entire explantaion starts with it "may" evolve, thus already implying from start that it is not an absolute. (though highlighted it in fat font to avoid confusion)
  • added the voidstone| general forcedampening weakness
  • removed the arbitrary worthiness thing while adding the selfrepair as a strength (given that that IS in a way a strong suit)

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
  • Note that that entire explantaion starts with it "may" evolve, thus already implying from start that it is not an absolute. (though highlighted it in fat font to avoid confusion)
  • removed the arbitrary worthiness thing while adding the selfrepair as a strength (given that that IS in a way a strong suit)

While it is fair to say that it says may, that is a single word within a paragraph and two strengths containing very absolute language. From it being able to repair itself in a moment's notice to repairing any flaws and even improving itself as it goes.

I have talked it over with the Factory and we believe that despite the word 'may' it is still too absolute in nature.

Please tweak this to be less of a sure thing and weaken the language. Of course, if you disagree with my assessment you may request a second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom