Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Genesis-class Protector Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
AllianceShot2869.jpg

AllianceShot3333.jpg

AllianceShot2871.jpg

Image Source: http://www.moddb.com/mods/foc-alliance-22x
Affiliation: GOMM
Manufacturer: GOMM Industries
Model: Genesis-class
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material:
Classification: Dedicated Carrier

Length: 1,000m
Width: 750m
Height: 350m

Armament:
  • 6 Heavy Dual Turbolaser Turrets
  • 2 Medium Dual Turbolaser Cannons
  • 40 Point-defense Laser Cannons
Hangar: 5 Squadrons

Special Features:
Maneuverability: 14
Speed Rating: 13
Hyperdrive Class: 1.5

Strengths:
  • Command Ship: Advanced Command and Control Facilities
Weaknesses:
  • Light Weapons
  • Limited Firing Arcs (The two Medium Dual Turbolaser Cannons can only fire broadside, fixed on a very limited y-axis, similar to Venators)
  • No Rear Weaponry (None of the Heavy Cannons can fire at anything behind it)
Description:
  • Crew: 3,000
  • Minimum Crew: 750
  • Passengers: 2,500
  • Cargo Capacity: 20,000 tons
  • Consumables: 3 Standard Years
  • The Genesis-class' design was derived from the ancient archives of the old server databank located in the now home base of GOMM, the old Clone Wars era base on Phorskuh II. Although the databank was partially damaged, and a lot of partial information was missing, for the Genesis, it was nearly complete enough to fill in the blanks for it. The Genesis was serve as a fleet command ship with the power to lead in front, and not behind. However, the creator didn't want it just for devastating power or grand support with fleet control or fighters, he wanted it to be something of a beacon of hope, which is where the Medcenter idea came from. The Geneses isn't a hospital ship my means, but its Medical Bay is upgraded and to be slightly larger, able to accommodate more personnel in any time of need. Not exactly designed for the crew members, the idea behind the Genesis was to stand up in front and defend those who needed help, and still help with any care they needed.
Development Thread: Future is Here
Intent: Create a command destroyer for GOMM
Who Can Use This: GOMM, Galven Solomon
Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Galven Solomon said:
Hangar: 5 Squadrons
Current maximum squadron count for a heavy cruiser is 3 squadrons. I'd recommend adding some more weapons to the design and reduce squadron count to 3.

The description could also use some sentences just fleshing out the basic concept of what this design is. This would also be a place to explain any unusual design features (such as the solid fuel converters, deionizers, etc).

[member="Gir Quee"]

I'm sorry, I was trying to use the Nebula-class and the Venator-class for comparison. The Nebula is smaller than the Venator, with a far better and similar compliment. I don't think the Length alone should be the deciding factor in how many squadrons a ship should get

Edits: I've removed some features, and I have also finally edited my Systems List so these items don't go back into my ships. Swapped some things, added some things

Galven Solomon said:
Ion Shields (Low-grade)
Anti-Concussion Field Generator

These are two different types of shielding added onto this besides standard deflector shields. This will require further development to keep both of them. These can either be removed, or this ship can have one of these extra shieldings as its special system. This will probably require the removal of the med center if you chose to go this route.

Galven Solomon said:
[member="Gir Quee"]

I'm sorry, I was trying to use the Nebula-class and the Venator-class for comparison. The Nebula is smaller than the Venator, with a far better and similar compliment. I don't think the Length alone should be the deciding factor in how many squadrons a ship should get.
There is a lot of more variety in canon ship abilities, especially when it comes to carrying capacity. However, for game play purposes here at Chaos, these are currently standardized by length. This could change in the future, but for now, this is what it is.

What you could do if you're want to focus this is in on the fighter squadron capacity would be to turn the designation into "dedicated carrier". This will require modifying your strengths and weaknesses section in accordance with that template, but it will fit the design concept as you've laid out in your description.

[member="Gir Quee"]

If I remove the Anti-Concussive Field Generator and Ion Shield, and used the Dedicated Carrier Template, what would need to be changed? And do you have recommendations of Strengths and Weaknesses? I'm sorry, I've become stumped on this submission.

Perhaps it doesn't have anti-missile/torpedo defenses, and no Ion/Radiation Defenses? Or is that obvious. Sometimes I'm not even sure if my ships have strengths.

If I have to make too many serious changes, like I'd prefer to keep the current weapons and I could drop to 4 squadrons, but if I have to drop too much, I'll decide to be happy with dropping the Anti-Concussion, Ion, and taking the Squadrons to 3.

Galven Solomon said:
[member="Gir Quee"]

If I remove the Anti-Concussive Field Generator and Ion Shield, and used the Dedicated Carrier Template, what would need to be changed? And do you have recommendations of Strengths and Weaknesses? I'm sorry, I've become stumped on this submission.

Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
Weaknesses: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 2 weaknesses of this submission.)
Change your current weakness of "reduced destroyer weaponry" to "light weapons" or something of that nature, and that'll be fine. For strengths, I'd change the reference from "destroyer" to simply something like having good command and control facilities.

And add on one other weakness. It's standard for most ships not to have ion shielding or anti-concussion fields, so that's not really a weakness per se. Some possible weaknesses might be limited fire arcs for weapons, having a structural weakpoint, or a noticeably inferior subsystem. But those are just ideas. I'd take a look around at the other career designs out there to get some ideas.

If I have to make too many serious changes, like I'd prefer to keep the current weapons and I could drop to 4 squadrons, but if I have to drop too much, I'll decide to be happy with dropping the Anti-Concussion, Ion, and taking the Squadrons to 3.
You can keep the 5 squadrons and current armament as it is right now if it's explicitly listed as a dedicated carrier.

Galven Solomon said:
Limited Firing Arcs (Each Heavy Dual Turbolaser Turret can only fire towards the front of the ship, and the broadside they are located on, 3 per side of the Bridge. The ship must be tilted a certain way for either of the 2 groups to fire towards the front of the ship. The two Medium Dual Turbolaser Cannons can only fire broadside, fixed on a very limited y-axis, similar to Venators)

The heavy dual turbolaser fire arcs look like pretty standard fire arcs to me, so I'm not certain I'd really count that as a weakness. Your medium dual turbolaser cannon fire arcs look good though.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I figured Venators and even Star Destroyers, could fire their main weapons at the same time at the same target. This makes only 3 able to fire at one target at the same time.

Galven Solomon said:
[member="Gir Quee"]

I figured Venators and even Star Destroyers, could fire their main weapons at the same time at the same target. This makes only 3 able to fire at one target at the same time.
This is true, but it's that's pretty typical for these types of guns on any starship. Because that's typical performance, it's not a weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom