Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gemstone Party

Kelsey Shadow

K
Up in some fancy snobbish hotel banquet room the latest designs of Shadow Charms were on display. Holographs of all the latest jewelry and designer wear displayed itself for the well dressed crowed. All of the merchandise was made with stolen items that Kelsey hand picked from the graves of some very rich kings, but she was ever careful and kept the authorities one step behind her. Tonight wasn't a night for arrests it was a night of dancing, drinking, and some very high end clients.

She was dressed to kill in a long black backless gown. Standing under the moonlight on the balcony her pale skin looked even more pale and her blond hair reflected the moonlight beautifully. She was letting the party get going before she went inside to work it. Hopefully some of the people here would be interested in her merchandise and make some purchases. She'd seen a few good looking men eying the bracelets, no doubt hoping to score with some lucky gal. The bar was stocked high with overflowing free drinks so hopefully a nice alcohol buzz would loosen everyone pocket books.

Jorga the Hutt

When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade
...for those that had pocketbooks, anyway. Defiantly devoid of currency, Rel Connory approached the proprietress of the display. One-quarter Echani and one-quarter grain alcohol, the Bard of the Hyperlanes planted his feet, gave her a careful once-over, and opened his mouth.

@[member="Kelsey Shadow"] trades in bling
Sells just about anything
Merchant queen of shiny rock
Keeps undiscovered joys in stock

Her merchandise it has no peer
But where it comes from isn't clear
Her secret sources I'll disclose
Unless she-

"Well, the rest of it isn't fit for polite company." He swept a graceful bow. A sonic servodriver fell from his pocket and clattered on the floor; he stooped and picked up the tool. "Connory, Bard of the Hyperlanes. The pleasure is all mine."

Kelsey Shadow

K
Kelsey turned to see the company she was in. An odd man began the introduction by reciting poetry to her under the full moon. Well he certainly knew how to make an introduction! She smiled and tipped her head to him in welcome. "I assure you the pleasure is mine. Kelsey Shadow, tonight's designer." She held out her hand to shake his. He didn't look like the type to buy a bunch of her trinkets, but she had a feeling there was more to him than meets the eye.

"I hope you are enjoying tonight." Ever a good hostess.

Jorga the Hutt

"So I am, so I am. You're remarkably polite, Miss Shadow. Now, my half-mumbled threats of blackmail aside, I'm most interested in the source of your collection." The sonic servodriver whirred to life in his hand, and he scrutinized the sensor display on the little tool's side. "Because there's really an awful lot of strange readings -- nothing dangerous, probably, maybe."

He kept his voice down for politesse. "Hold this," he said, handing her the sonic servodriver. He fished in his pockets and removed a small black box and a dusty, lint-covered crystal. "Mimban crystal. Responds to the Force with teeny bits of light. Glows if a Forcer's holding it." He plopped the non-glowing crystal into the box and closed it. "Now, the box picks up whatever light is inside and measures it really precisely."

A low beep, as with a Geiger counter, emanated from the box. Regardless of glares and glances, he snatched back his sonic servodriver and began scrutinizing the cases behind Kelsey.

Beep...beep...beep, beep, beep...beepbeepbeepbeep.

"This one," he said, pointing at a large pendant. Removing the crystal from the box, he pocketed both. "I want to buy this one, and where'd you get it?"

Thraishe sat in the corner, drinking.

"Keep your day job @[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"] " Thraishe snorted, "and you @[member="Kelsey Shadow"] ... You're kinda cute"

Thraishe was obviously inebriated by this time and wanted the attention of a female. He sat back and sipped his Brandy.

Auri Vesta

Captain of the Rimrunner
Auri Vesta sat back in her seat and laughed in the face of a rejected young man that had been trying to flirt with her. "Trust me pal I aint your type" she told the disappointed gentleman, who was already turning away. Under normal circumstances she probably would have taken to his advances, maybe even extorted some creds from him, but tonight she had something else on her mind.

"My, how strange that a week after a quite large reward is posted for the return of a wealthy senator's diamonds, an exact replica shows up at a jewelry showing." Auri thought rubbing her hands together. She knew she was onto something, and she could'nt wait for payday.

Kelsey Shadow

K
@[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"] Kelsey watched this odd strange man with polite interest. She wasn't so worried about the threats as you might think. Taking stolen jewlry and selling them it on the black market was tricky business. She never stole from the living, choosing instead to dig inside the crypts of victims who were less of a challenge to pirate from. What she took from tombs was processed, broken down, and reforged to look entirely different. Unless it was extremely valuable then it found its way into museums and she found a small fortune worth. It wasn't a perfect system naturally since nothing was perfect but she wasn't stupid enough to just spill her treasure hunting ways to the first customer to ask. Not that he was the first. They always wondered.
"That particular item it made of a very old jade like substance. I think you will be pleased with the quality. It will stand the test of time." She smiled as the price flashed on the holograph. "I make all my collections." It was partially true since she did reforge them.

@[member="Thraishe Krine"] when the man interupted to complement Kelsey she smiled. "Thank you. I hope you are enjoying the party."

Jorga the Hutt

"Make? Ahh, yes." He squinted at the price. Too low for the item, too high for his pocketbook. "And yes, I can understand how alchemized hssiss scale could pass for jade. Tell you what -- I'll barter for it. Anything. What's your price? What's your joy?"

Kelsey Shadow

K
She had a feeling the man wasn't in any type of financial standing to make this purchase. That being said he shouldn't have been any interest to her but there was something about him. He seemed intelligent and of all the people in the room seemed like the one who might be capable of causing problems for her down the line. Keep your friends close...
"What if we call it a gift... in the name of our new acquaintance? And as a gentleman I'm certain you would remember such a kind gesture and act accordingly should the need ever arise." She smiled sweetly.

Jorga the Hutt

The Bard blinked slowly. "That's almost a steeper price than I'm willing to pay. Unspecified social obligation never expires, never depreciates -- one always has to account for obligation rising relative to inflation. But I accept."

Kelsey Shadow

K
Kelsey grinned and watched him struggle with the concept. Social obligation wasn't something easy to dismiss, though if you were the right breed you could be vile enough to ignore it. She wasn't sure which to classify him as yet.

"Lovely. Let's walk up to the counter so I can square that away with security." They started that walk and Kelsey decided to make small talk. "Tell me what brought you out tonight?"

Jorga the Hutt

As they reached the counter, the Bard pondered the necklace, lost in thought. Alchemized hssiss scale was unspeakably rare, and that had all manner of implications.

The security officers perked up as Kelsey hove into sight, like a majestic blonde ship on a stormy night. "Ma'am?"

Meanwhile, the Bard's attention was most thoroughly elsewhere. A drunken man, the same who had told him to keep his day job -- the cad! -- continued to yell inebriated affection in Kelsey's direction. The Bard's sonic servodriver hummed, and Thraishe's brandy glass shattered in his hand.

"Oops."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom