Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech g'ecnsi vesir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akio Diachi

For it was All but a Dream
Image Source: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140428234618/percyjacksonfanfiction/images/a/a7/Cyborg_ninja_by_oregonducks-d70bdg4.jpg (NOTE: Katana sold separately)
Intent: Personal armor of Akio Daichi
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/69169-within-the-once-mighty-jungle/
Manufacturer: Akio
Model: N/A
Classification: Anti-blaster, anti-lightsaber
Weight: 4.5 kg.
Quality: Energy: 9
Melee: 1
Special features:
---Lightsaber resistant
---Ion resistant
---blaster resistant
Affiliation: Akio
Modularity: capable of minor modifications; removal of or upgrade of Hemet visor; gauntlets are detachable and replicable. Able to attach flashlight to helmet or gauntlets. Similarly weighted objects (less than 1 kg) may also be attached via clips.
Production: Unique
Material: Cortosis
Description: The custom made armor was built by the Chiss over painstaking hours to suit his needs. Most armors were too heavy and bulky for his slight frame, causing him to become encumbered and off-balance. To fix this, Akio crafted this armor, Silver-1 out of a cortosis alloy. Designed on the principles of the Faraday cage, the armor takes energy forms (heat, light, electricity, and so on) and disburses them across the area around Akio, leaving him unharmed. This armor, however came with major flaws. Being barely thicker than Shimersilk, the armor does nothing to deflect physical attacks. For example, if struck by a shot from an ion cannon, Akio would feel no electrical damage, however the full force of the physical assault would be more than enough to know this feather weight off his feet. A severe detriment to the armor is the discharge can cause damage to people surrounding Akio; any electronics upon his person (datapad, comlink, etc) will be damaged beyond repair during the energy dispersion. If punched, slashed, bludgeoned, or hit with slug-thrower weapons, there is 0% damage resistance. Lastly, because of the armor’s incredibly lightweight and form-fitting nature, it can be worn underclothing without any encumbrance.

Strengths:
--Faraday cage principle renders wearer undamaged by energy currents.
--Light weight, may be worn underclothing, and does not inhibit movement.

Weaknesses:
--Wearer is completely vulnerable to melee attacks.
--Can damage those around the wearer when disbursing energy.
--Instantly damages all electronics on the wearer beyond repair upon the first electrical attack (beyond repair).
Primary Source: N/A

Netherworld

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Netherworld

Hello, @Akio Diachi, I'll be your judge today. :)

Nice sub, quite balanced, but we've some kinks to iron out still.

Akio Diachi said:
Wearer is completely volatile to melee attacks.
  • I presume you meant 'vulnerable' here, in which case, change it to that, please.

1. Please add the missing Classification, Weight, and Quality brackets from the armor template.
  2. Plating is generally thin, but if this is a full-body set, please be aware that the weight will accumulate regardless. I'd say around 4 - 5 kg would be appropriate.
    Friendly note: Don't wear this directly on the skin. Metal chafes like all hell.

Tag me with questions and/or edits. :)

Akio Diachi

For it was All but a Dream
[member="Netherworld"]

Thank you so much! I knew I was looking for that word, I just couldn't find it to save my life. lol I made those changes, for the Quality, is it ok that I gave two ratings since its pretty imbalanced or do I need to find like a middle-ground thing? I really appreciate it! :)

Netherworld

[member="Akio Diachi"]

A break-down of Quality is more than welcome, yes, especially with such drastic differences depending on the damage source. :)

Nice idea all-around, and it's well balanced.
Two things that I ask you to please keep in mind as I stamp this:
  1. A massive energy source would be able to overwhelm the capabilities of your armor.
  2. As any plate armor, this will have joints and unprotected spots where blaster bolts and such can still go through.
Have fun with this! :)

Pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom