Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech GE-MRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
4XzHo6L.jpg

Image Source: http://augureye.blogspot.com/2013/04/invasion-of-micro-drones.html
Intent: To create a miniature droid capable of highly discreet audio and video reconnaissance.
Development Thread: If Required.
Manufacturer: [SIZE=12pt]G.E.A.R[/SIZE]
Model: GE-MRD (Miniature Recon Droid)
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: None
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Flexsteel | Droid Components
Classification: IV
Weight: 0.1kg
Height: 3 cm
Movement: Mechanical Wings / Hexapod
Armaments: None
Misc. Equipment:
  • Advanced Sensor Array
  • Advanced Communications Array
  • Advanced Targeting Array
  • Infrared Vision Mode
Description: The GE-MRD is a tiny droid disguised as an ordinary wasp or similar insect. It has a pair of mechanical wings which allow it to fly, as well as six legs for walking when necessary. The droid possesses no armaments of any kind, and is easily dispatched due to its incredibly delicate mechanics, though it is agile while in flight, and can reach heights of approximately 700 meters, though this number is relative due to atmospheric conditions, wind direction and strength, and other conditions. Typically these are most effective when at most 100 meters from the ground, as weather effects are less invasive to the simple mechanical components. Like any small droid, these are highly susceptible to EMP, and a single blaster can destroy them with ease, assuming the individual doing the shooting is quite the marksman. The infrared vision mode is useful for determining the number of individuals present in a room, or other small area. All data is collected and transferred remotely back to the host.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Seraphina Shel'tah said:
sonar listening device capable of penetrating nearly 6 meters of duracrete and durasteel.
The way sonar works is bouncing sound waves off of solid objects, how is this able to pick up audio through 6 meters of durasteel while operating on sonar? Is there a canon basis for this?

Source

[member="B.I.A.N.C.A MK VII"]

Forgive me, as I am still pretty sick. But what exactly do you mean by that? Are you asking about how far are they able to record audio & visual from?

I would say the number is rather arbitrary, since they would have to be relatively close, being that they are so small, and environmental noises would begin to interfere with the recordings once out of the immediate vicinity. Though I suppose in a sound insulated area the range could be improved. I guess if I had to put a number on it, which I'd rather not, unless required, I would say 15 meters for standard conversation, 25 meters for higher decibel recordings would be about right. As for visual, this number would be a lot more vague, are you asking how far it can record with 100% clarity? Or the maximum distance? The human eye can theoretically see another galaxy under the right circumstances.

I have to assume the reason for the question is due to the nature of this particular droid's use. The reason I am hesitant to put numbers on this is because of the vast number of environmental circumstances that can come into play - such as wind, crowds, explosions, multiple conversations, storms, obstructed views, fog, darkness, frosted glass, etc. There are just so many potential things that could theoretically add to or detract from the droid's ability to both see and hear. There's a level of, for lack of a better phrase, common sense, that has to be utilized here by whoever is using these. The small droid, sitting on the outside of a building, attempting to listen in on a conversation during a thunderstorm from across the street, likely won't be able to hear anything.

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]
Just a vague idea of the effective range for obtaining data. Your answer is good enough.

Generally speaking, regardless of the environment, a sensor has an effective range (not maximum or minimum, but the range at which the device is most effective), which is what I as asking for. You've given a range in your response which answers that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom