Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech GE-EXO

Status
Not open for further replies.
MGnbYsB.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Image Source: http://coolvibe.com/2015/3d-art-exoskeleton-suit/
Intent: To create an exoskeletal suit that can enhance the wearer's natural strength and dexterity without the use of cybernetic implants or other permanent bodily modifications.
Development Thread: If Required.
Manufacturer: G.E.A.R
Model: GE-EXO (Exoskeleton)
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Power Core
[/SIZE]
Production: Minor-Production
[SIZE=12pt]Material:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Flexsteel | Durasteel | Duraplast[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Classification: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Other[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Weight: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]30kg[/SIZE]
Quality: 3
Special Features:
  • Rebreather
  • Flare Gun
  • Welding Torch
  • 12hr Power Core
  • Strength & Dexterity Enhancement
[SIZE=12pt]Description: The Galactic Equipment Exoskeleton is a full body suit that utilizes a large power core, inserted into the back of the suit, to power thousands of tiny servo motors and hydraulic chambers to produce an incredible improvement to the wearer's physical capabilities, including both overall strength and dexterity. The exoskeleton can be used for near limitless tasks, including mining, space walks, cargo transport, construction, and more. The suit includes a breather similar to the A99 Aquata Breather that allows up to two hours of fresh oxygen, for use during space walks or other areas with limited breathable air. The exoskeleton cannot be worn with other types of armor due to its' construction and location of the power core, and is equipped to protect the wearer only from small arms fire due to the necessity to maintain a lightweight frame. The power core is guaranteed for up to 12 hours of use. Flare gun and welding torch is including in the left and right arms, respectively.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Increases wearer's strength and dexterity by 10x.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Includes a breath mask for low-oxygen areas.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Power core supplied will run consecutively for 12 hours.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Built-in flare gun and welding torch.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Not intended as combat armor, as such, protects only from small arms fire.[/SIZE]

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Seraphina Shel'tah said:
Weight:15kg

Seraphina Shel'tah said:
Increases wearer's strength and dexterity by 25x.
Primarily because this isn't intended for combat, and especially because of the huge increase of strength and dexterity, I'm going to need the weight on this increased by a large margin, upwards 80 KG (which the suit, being an EXO, should be able to handle if it can grant 25x strength). I am also going to need 20 posts of development for that 25x, especially at a mass produced level. You can reduce the strength increases on this, as well as reduce the production, and that will take care of most of the weight issues, as well as tone down the requirement for a development thread.

[member="B.I.A.N.C.A MK VII"]

I will reduce the production to minor, however I have to strongly disagree that the exoskeleton must weigh anything close to 80KG. I am fine with increasing the weight by a sensible number, but 80KG I feel is way over the top for what this is. A full suit of Mandalorian armor, with a class 10 rating weighs something like 40kg. This is nowhere near that quality, nor construction. Can we tone this down to something like 30kg?

The TALOS & HULK programs, tested and produced by the US military and Lockheed each weigh roughly 20-30lbs and can carry upwards of 200-400lbs on their own with absolute ease while the wearer experiences only 10% of that weight, while still maintaining a run speed of 10mph. I can reduce the augmentation to 10x, rather than 25, if that is more reasonable.

TALOS XO2
HULK

Seraphina Shel'tah said:
[member="B.I.A.N.C.A MK VII"]

I will reduce the production to minor, however I have to strongly disagree that the exoskeleton must weigh anything close to 80KG. I am fine with increasing the weight by a sensible number, but 80KG I feel is way over the top for what this is. A full suit of Mandalorian armor, with a class 10 rating weighs something like 40kg. This is nowhere near that quality, nor construction. Can we tone this down to something like 30kg?

The TALOS & HULK programs, tested and produced by the US military and Lockheed each weigh roughly 20-30lbs and can carry upwards of 200-400lbs on their own with absolute ease while the wearer experiences only 10% of that weight, while still maintaining a run speed of 10mph. I can reduce the augmentation to 10x, rather than 25, if that is more reasonable.

TALOS XO2
HULK
The reason I ask for a greater weight is because there is no specification that the strength isn't in the arms, rather than just legs and support - as the HULK and TALOS XO2 both perform this feat of strength by increasing support on the back to carry heavier loads in a backpack style rather than lifting things by hand. Mandalorian steel (being one of the most durable materials) weighing in at 40 kgs to a quality rating of 10 doesn't have much to do with the weight of hydraulics present on the suit itself. I'm fine with lowering the weight to 30kg with a reduction of strength to 10x, as in lifting 200 KG and feeling the effects of carrying 20 KG, as that is a significant reduction in the amount of machinery required to what is more than double that.

tl;dr:
You can reduce the weight to 30kg and the strength increase to 10x, the maximum run speed thing is fine, too. The weight concern is more the weight of the machinery in the suit rather than the coverage of the suit itself, the machinery necessary to grant 25x lift strength in the arms is comparatively much greater than how the HULK and TALOS operate, which is back support and length strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom