Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Gav's Lightsaber [C]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReTRAKKS

ᴅᴇʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ᴛʏᴘɪɴɢ
Image Source: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/50/87/73/508773e1ee7a1543668f6b22eb17cd27.jpg
Intent: A personal weapon for my character Gav.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/64045-i-think-thats-mine((It's still in progress, if you must know))
Manufacturer: Ruknal Arwell (Gav's Dad)
Model: n.a
Affiliation: Gav Juniper Arwell
Modularity: Replaceable Leather handlecover, removable crystal
Production: Production[background=#232323]: Unique[/background]
Classification: Lightsaber
Size: One and a Half Handed
Length: ( Hilt+Retractable Dagger: 40cm // Lightblade: 1.5 m (150 cm) )
Weight: 3 kg
Special Features:
- EMP Resistant
- Retractable Metal Blade on the Butt of the Lightsaber.
- Able to Accept Upgrades and Modifications.
Description:
Gav's lightsaber is not crafted by her own hands, but her recently deceased father. Gav's lightsaber is made mostly of Agrinium, a metal known for being EMP Resistant.

Unlike most lightsabers, which come with there unique upgrades and installations, Gav's lightsaber has unoccupied space for such add ons. Though this creates a blank canvas for Gav, it could prove to be a disadvantage in the battlefield. The only installation that Gav has is a secondary retractable blade on the bottom of the lightsaber, which spikes of from a simple button next to the lightsaber ignition. However, this installation has required the Diatium Power Cell to be moved up a bit in the lightsaber's base, and the hilt to be longer. This is primarily why the bottom of the blade is curved, so Gav's hand is given a small amount of protection when the blade is extended.

Materials: ** I don't know what else to add
- Agrinium
- Leather
- Silver Rimmed

Netherworld

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Netherworld

Hello, [member="Gav Arwell"]. I'll be your judge today. :)

Nice basis for a lightsaber submission. A few kinks need to be ironed out, but nothing major.

Gav Arwell said:
Development Thread: I don't have a thread. But I do have a thread regarding Gav's rediscovery of her lightsaber.
  • That is certainly a valid development thread, so feel free to link it.
Gav Arwell said:
Model: Urh, n.a? Lightsaber?
  • Put N/A where nothing applies.
Gav Arwell said:
Affiliation: Non Affiliated.
  • The affiliation would be to your character.
Gav Arwell said:
Length: 5 ft?
  • All measurements must be in metric. A standard lightsaber blade is 145 cm.

1. All in all, the template is incomplete. You're missing the Material bracket, which needs to be added in order for this submission to be approved.
  2. In the description, you write that the lightsaber hilt is made of cortosis, which is a restricted material and requires a development thread that completes the objective for the given material. Please complete this objective or remove cortosis and its effects from this submission.
  3. The retractable blade in the butt of the lightsaber presents something of a problem, as the hilt of a lightsaber is very densely packed with circuitry and other related systems that make the weapon function like it does. Most notably this would be the diatium power cell, which is located where you want to put the retractable blade.
    One solution would be to elongate the hilt to accommodate the blade, but this would add increased length to the hilt, as well as weight.
    Another would be to remove the retractable blade, or work out another way to make space for it within the hilt.

Netherworld

[member="Gav Arwell"]

Gav Arwell said:
- Lightsaber Resistant
- Blaster Resistant
  • Since you've removed cortosis from the submission, please remove this as well.

Gav Arwell said:
Length: 155 kg
  • I'd like you to specify the respective length of the lightsaber blade, the hilt, and the retractable metal blade in the butt of the lightsaber.
  • Please correct 'kg' to 'cm'.

Tag me with questions and/or edits. :)

Netherworld

[member="Gav Arwell"]

Are you sure you want a 60 cm hilt? For a lightsaber, that would be entirely unwieldy.
My suggestion would be to reduce it to 40 cm and put the excess 20 cm into the blade instead. At 1 m, your blade is significantly shorter than the average lightsaber (which is 145 cm).

Tag me with questions and/or edits. :)

Netherworld

[member="Gav Arwell"]

Sorry for the slight delay, was away for a long weekend.

1. You have a 55 cm long lightsaber hilt, and approximately 7 cm of the retractable blade. If the standard lightsaber hilt is 30~ cm, and you need 10~ cm more to accommodate the blade, then the grand total should amount to 40 cm for the lightsaber hilt. Please change it to that.
  2. If you wish to keep the lightsaber blade at 1~ m of length, that's your choice, but I suggest you make it longer, as that will put you at nearly half a meter difference in reach to the standard lightsaber. If this was intentional on your part as some sort of weakness, just disregard the whole second point (2.), and just make the first edit.

Tag me when you're done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom