Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Gathered Around | House Draco

Draco.png

H O U S E • D R A C O

Deyanira dressed for dinner, choosing a rather simple black dress.

These days, it was rare to see her children gathered around the table, but she hoped that they would be there. Algernon and his son Vissarion had decided to join them for dinner tonight. Of course, it would be nice to say that she hoped they'd show to some quality time together... but that wasn't quite it. In Deyanira's mind, it was simply to keep up appearances. Make no mistake, the Draco family was far from perfect -- but no one needed to know that.

As the widow made her way down the stairs, she allowed her thoughts to wander.

Just why had her brother-in-law insisted on visiting? Surely there was something he needed. After all, his wife, Elssar, had already sent her regrets. It was no secret that Elend's sisters were not terribly fond of Deyanira. The feelings were mutual, of course. Perhaps Algernon simply wanted to brag about a successful hunt on Dantooine. Whatever the reason, the family would have a splendid meal of braised Iriaz -- Algernon's latest kill. Deyanira wondered if he already had plans to decorate his home with the beast's skull and horns. Dreadful taste.

As she entered the dining room, the servants bowed respectfully.

Her dark eyes swept over the place settings.

For once, things looked acceptable.

The widow drew a deep breath as she moved to stand by the hearth. Elend was usually the one that would interact with Algernon and Vissarion. But now, like many other things, that duty would fall to her. "Bring wine," Deyanira said. She had a sinking feeling that she was going to need it to get through dinner.

Leon Draco

L
"Bring wine."

Overhearing his mother's request, Leon grinned as he entered the dining room. Oh, he knew what was coming. The ill-feeling between his mother and his father's side of the family always made for very amusing reunions. Also, he liked braised Iriaz. Good food and good entertainment? Sign him up.

"Good evening, Mother," he greeted Deyanira before taking his seat. "You're looking lovely tonight. Is that a new dress?"

Of course, he also requested wine. Like mother, like son.

Draco.png

Wearing: {xx}
Tag: Deyanira Draco Deyanira Draco , Leon Draco, Gar Shale Gar Shale , literally all the Dracos

The sound of boots against the floor of the Red Keep's dining hall came through. A servant guided a well dressed young man. Slicked back ginger hair, amber eyes. His lip curled up in a practiced smile. Vissarion Draco had come to dinner. And in his hands was a nice, carved wooden box.

"Aunt Dey." He gave a polite bow, his eyes then flicked to Leon, "Cousin."

The dowager queen of the Dracos, and the Dwarf. Admittedly, out of all of his extended relations, ones he disliked the least. He admired Deyanira and her tenacity. And he experienced the closest thing to empathy with Leon due to the similar way their parents handled their respective "conditions". Vissarion soon joined them at the table.

"Father should be along soon enough." He spoke plainly, "Mother sends her regards. Still in the throughs of grief."

A blatant lie. Vissarion has been acutely aware that there was rift between his mother and his aunt since before he was born. But, rather a honeyed lie than a truthful knife in the back. Vissarion then presented the box to his Aunt.

"I wanted to make up for my absence at the funeral. I'm told flowers are customary for the bereaved" He said, undoing the clasp of the box

A rose presented itself. One so deep red that it seemed violet. A genuine Malreaux rose from Vjun.

Last edited:
Draco.png

H O U S E • D R A C O

The death of Elend Draco, the patriarch of our great house and my brother-in-law, was a surprise to everyone. I was just setting up the annual Dantooine hunt party when I heard the news. Naturally, the thought of canceling the hunt altogether, and going back straight to the Red Keep crossed my mind. However, the combination of Dantooine's atmosphere, pirate activities, and petty warlords scattered on the Braxant Run means it takes sometimes to prepare a safe journey back, in which the funeral would have ended when our party could manage to be back anyway. Thus, the wisest decision at the time was to continue, and complete the hunt, to honor Elend.

Truth be told, the family doesn't all sit at one table for dinner that often. Outside of special celebratory occasions, we tend to stay at our own estates. A full-family dinner with Elend and Deyanira, Elssar and I, and Elyni, plus all the kids, is a recipe for disaster. There's always something that the women fight over, and don't get me started with the kids. Pampered, incapable, soft brats thinking that they are the best there is.

However, with Elend's death, the peace agreement, the whispers of schemes and plots, and the uncertain future of House Draco, a dialogue is direly needed. Elssar filled me in with all the details. The suspicious nature of the death, the rumors of the Duke, the Amnen little lord, a secret society of Spice monopolists, and foreign corporations. If House Draco is to survive another century, something has to be done.

Arriving in the dining hall, I went straight to Deyanira, who's wrapped up in a simple, yet elegant black dress. My wife and Elyni would never admit it, but a part of their resentment towards Deyanira is rooted in jealousy. Of how she looks, of how she thinks, and of how she won their late brother's heart. Ain't that the oldest tale in the galaxy.​

"Sister, my deepest condolences. I hope the Iriaz finds you well, the least we can do."

The two other Dracos already present in the room are Leon and Visserion. The dwarf and the walking, breathing disease-riddled genitalia, who happens to be my son. Ironically two of the multiple subjects that brought me here tonight. Elssar insisted that Visserion should also attend the dinner, and it has 100% to do with my health. I have learnt to hide it well away from public, and even familial knowledge, but it has been deteriorating the past three years. A tad slower, quicker to hit fatigues, and some early signs of memory loss. Like it or not, Visserion is the heir to our line of Draco. He is going to inherit our estate, and stand behind Amarantos when his reign comes. It is not a question of if, but when.​

"Leon, my condolences. Is that a Polanis red? I'll have one."

I asked the server for a glass. I shouldn't be drinking too much tonight, but a glass would ease the conversation greatly. Where was I, oh, the dwarf. One of Elssar's main concerns about the continuation of our great house is the kids that are set to inherit. Amarantos is a flaccid man-child who no one is confident in his ability to pee straight, let alone rule a system. Leon, in Elssar's word, is 'you, a bit smarter, but without all the things that makes you great'. Adelina is an entitled, lazy brat who doesn't understand the concept of a no. Isadora is just a girl desperate for her mother's approval, and might, or might not be a bastard. Visserion is just a headcase. More brilliant than any other Draco, but is just an episode away from being a galactic-scale geopolitical disaster. The point is, it does not look good, the future. There might be animosity between the Draco siblings and their spouses, but at least we all know that we are all competent at what we do. The kids, on the other hand, it's a grand reclamation project, finding them the perfect spouses is just a start. While waiting for the other Dracos, I decided to start the dialogue slowly, going back to Deyanira.​

"I heard whispers of vampires and spice cults everywhere I went. I can't help but wonder, sister, how was the little covenant with the Duke and the Kid going?"

Isadora Draco

I
Draco.png

H O U S E • D R A C O

A deep breath was all Isadora had left in her long walk towards the family meal. She did not expect this to be a fond memory. With any luck though it would not be among her worst. She was already growing mentally weary from her short time back among her family and the other Houses of the Braxant region. She longed for the mental fatigue of all night studies. At least there, she had supplements that could help her accomplish her goals. Here they just kept her alert enough to suffer longer, and yet, she found the habit persisting.

She smiled. It was as sincere as she could muster. She had thought her spirit indomitable before returning. But the truth was much less exciting for her.

Walking through the door, she nodded towards her mother. "Good day mother..."

How many days had it been since she had been in her mother's presence? Too many.

She made her way to be seated next to Leon. It probably wasn't the best place to be seated if she wanted to be taken seriously, but Leon seemed the only one that was even part way pleasant. If only he would smell like liquor so much. Her nose wrinkled a little in anticipation, but composure was quickly restored.

"Brother. I trust you fair well. Ilya spoke highly of you. Thank you for treating her with kindness."

Her eyes fell on her cousin. Frankly, she had not seen the young man for many years. He had been...an unpleasant sort back then. Something about him now made her wonder if little had changed. She offered Vissarion a genteel dip of her head. Her uncle though she greeted with more pomp.

"Uncle Algernon. It is a pleasure to dine with you after so long," she said, before catching his words.

"I for one hope that this...covenant...has some permanence, for the good of all people in the Braxant region. We should be a sector of space with galactic sway...but so much of our collective wealth has been spent on infighting. The rest of the galaxy looks at us as almost barbarous...this should not be so."

Draco.png

H O U S E • D R A C O

"Leon," Deyanira said, glancing over her shoulder as her son entered. "You have a good eye," she said, nodding. Of course, the dress was indeed new.

As the widow turned away from the hearth, she found her nephew striding confidently into the room. It had been some time since she'd seen Vissarion, and her dark eyes narrowed ever slightly as she appraised him. He carried himself well enough, and he seemed to possess that dark Draco charm.

"How kind of you,"
Deyanira said, offering a polite smile. "It's beautiful."

Deyanira always had liked roses, especially dark ones. With a nod of her head, the widow signaled a nearby servant to collect the gift from her nephew. Just as Vissarion had said, his father was there to join them. As ever, he seemed more than happy to dine at the Keep. "Thank you, Algernon," she said, bowing her head slightly. "So good of you to come for dinner."

Deyanira motioned for them to take their seats and a servant was there to pour the wine.

As Isadora entered, Deyanira regarded her with silence and sipped her wine.

"There was quite a lot of useless talk about arranging marriages between houses," Deyanira said, aiming a sharp glance at Leon. "You know the Duke, pompous as ever. And the boy... well, he seemed terribly inexperienced."

Her gaze shifted to the side as Isadora offered her own opinions – and she wasn't wrong. But, truly, Deyanira cared very little about all the good people of the Braxant region. She'd keep her focus where it was most important – here.

dracosign.png

Tag: All y'all​

Adelina strolled lazily into the room, her eyes already on the wine being poured.

So narrow was her focus that she hardly even noticed her family members seated all around the table. However, she felt her mother staring daggers and threw on a dazzling smile.

"Good evening," she said. "Nice to see you again, Uncle Algernon."

There was honey in her voice, but probably a little vinegar, too. Her glanced to Vissarion and added, "you, too, cousin." An afterthought, clearly.

She had a seat next to Isadora and snapped her fingers for wine. "Well, I'm certainly glad I didn't have to attend the peace talks. Sounds rather dull." Surely, talking about war must have been far more exciting than negotiating peace.

How boring.

Anshel Draco

A

The kitchen-side dining hall door swung open as Anshel casually strolled inside. He only recently arrived, but making himself comfortable came naturally. Garden-picked flowers of various varieties were tucked behind his right ear; the floral scent was fresh, but subtle. The young noble held a jugan fruit — commandeered from the kitchen with little resistance. He bit into the soft purple flesh. Sticky juice burst out and ran down his chin. He grinned and smacked his lips together. Nothing like the sweet taste of an agricultural labor that wasn't his own.

"Greetings," he said cheerfully while chewing. "Sorry I'm late."

Anshel moved gracefully toward Deyanira. "For you, auntie," he plucked the flowers from behind his ear and handed them over. They were from her own garden of course, but such is the grace of men. "Terribly sorry about Uncle El. I apologize for missing the funeral. I only just got back last night from my latest trip." He was a frequent traveler on Morningstar Experience's luxury cruise line and it held a special place in his little, high-born heart.

Anshel dipped his head to his cousins, who he didn't know well. Rumors caught his ears, though he couldn't remember the exact details. One was a drunk, one was an artist, and one was a brat. Each one looked like they could've been all three. Now that was family.

"Father," he said in greeting, as he moved to the other end of the table. Anshel avoided eye contact. He'd seen enough disappointment in his father's eyes to last a lifetime and then some.

Taking another bite of jugan fruit, Anshel sat next to his brother and clasped a hand on his shoulder. "And my dear brother." He loved Viss fondly, despite his uncanny personality and distinct ability to creep people out.

Jovial green eyes swept across the dining table. Intricately latticed glasses of wine adorned the table. Some were recently emptied, currently half consumed, or in the process of being refilled for the umpteenth time. Anshel smiled, unsure if blood or wine flowed more freely among his family.

As the saying went: Scratch a wine barrel, find a Draco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom