Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G.A.A. Type-43 PMC Security Armor

Image: http://orig00.deviantart.net/a29a/f/2013/330/4/9/tetra_securitate_2_by_futurefavorite-d6vq2ow.jpg
Credit: http://futurefavorite.deviantart.com/

Classification: Multipurpose (anti-ballistic and anti-blaster)
Weight: 33 kg (72 lbs)
Quality: 6
Other Feature(s):

Sonic Dampeners, Aural Amplifiers, Annunciator (none can be used at the same time)

Internal Weapon Targeting System

Multi-Frequency Targeting and Acquisition System

Rangefinder

Digital Life Support System (visualizes the wearers health condition, i.e. Bodily temperature, location of injuries etc.)

Pineal Eye Sensor

Macrobinoculars (x15)

Sensors (Visual, Motion, Thermal, Audio)

Scanners (Sonar, Infrared, Radar, X-Ray)

Encrypted Internal Comm-Link and HoloNet Uplink

Environmental Filter/Thermal Regulator

Nutrient/Water Dispenser

Oxygen Reserve Tank (4 hour supply)

Rebreather System, Oxygen Filtration System

Military grade HUD

Alternate vision modes (thermal and night vision)

Small Medium Range Radio, which can be used for the rest of a squad if they are part of a different group (I.e. A non security, PMC member)

Short Range Personal Radio (located on each side of the helmet

Low powered built in exoskeleton, used to help the wearer jump four times their normal height (60.9 cm - 243.8 cm) and increase their strength by two times (68 kg - 136.7 kg) doesn't run through the hands and feet though, so no skull crushing.

Intent: To provide anyone (from a PMC) on the security detail of G.A.A. a set of armor that is quite reliable and resistant to most physical attacks (melee weapons and such) and some ranged ones.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Gra'tua Arms & Armor
Model: Type-43
Affiliation: Gra'tua Arms & Armor
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Plastoid (forearm and lower body plates) durasteel (chest armor, shoulder plates, knee pads and helmet outer shell)
Description: The Type-43 PMC Securty Armor is, like its name suggests, for the members of a hired PMC assigned to the security of G.A.A., and since more than just security was in mind, certain things were thrown in for protection, like the strength doubling exo, and the alternate vision modes for use during power outages (among other things).

Allowing very good mobility due to the weight being very evenly distributed, the Type-43 Security Armor's exoskeleton mainly assists with: the control of weapons due to the ability to lock up certain parts through controls located in the HUD, and with movement speed and strength, which is mainly for melee engagements, but can be used for quicker acquiring of targets.

(This submission is mainly for a currently un-submitted NPC group, since they'll be using numerous items anyways I want to just be able to submit them soon, so I'm subbing this and a few weapons before the PMC)

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Low powered built in exoskeleton, used to help the wearer jump four times their normal height (60.9 cm - 243.8 cm) and increase their strength by two times (68 kg - 136.7 kg) doesn't run through the hands and feet though, so no skull crushing.
This is a nice submission, but this makes the suit Power Armor which would require a Development Thread just like any other Restricted Technology. 30 posts for Minor is the norm. (20 for Limited/10 for unique)

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Oops, forgot about power armor being restricted :p.

So I turned the production down to limited since I've realized this armor is only for a small group of people, I'll try to get started on a dev thread soon unless I can't find time to make and finish one though, if that happens then I will notify you and take out the mention of an exo.

(Also, what would you be expecting from this dev thread? Like the testing of the armor or the creation of an exo?)

[member="Adenn Gra'tua"]
Testing, how you came up with, what is it for, designing it, forging it, talking about it, any of the above or any combination of the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom