Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Future in Flux

Outfit: Daily Outfit
Tags: Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

This was the last week of Lirza’s required schooling. Almost every single one of her classmates had some direction as to what the next step was. Some had done well enough that they would move on to higher education, others had found a direction (at least short term) into the job corps. Lirza had been given a suggestion from her parents as to what she could do to make a living and carve out a future. Lirza didn’t want their boring life. She wanted something more.

Besides that, during a school galactic politics project Lirza stumbled upon the big family secret. They were Mandalorian. Or at least until her grandparents decided to leave that life and come to Onderon. Because of the former presence of Mandalorians on the moon of Dxun, Lirza wanted to learn what she could about the warrior culture. She wasn’t exactly built or prepared to join it, but now that she knew it was in her past she wanted to know it all.

What was she supposed to do now? There was probably something to be found on Dxun, but Lirza. Maybe she should head there? She had enough credits saved up to make it there for sure. It seemed like the best option available to her. Getting out to Kestri where the Mandalorians of this era called home was out of the realm of possibility.

So now Lirza sat at a local holocafé and stared at a screen. Her hand hovered over the “Buy” button on her trip to Dxun, but something was making her hesitate. She wasn’t sure what it was. Like there was something in the air telling her another opportunity would present itself. No Lirza was not Force sensitive, it was just an intuition. Taking in a deep breath Lirza leaned back in her chair and looked over the screen.

”What the frack am I supposed to do?” she asked herself. She picked up her caf and took a sip. The liquid wasn’t going to help make a decision. But was running off to find out if she could survive in a warrior culture with no training under her belt really a better idea than working a booth in Malgan Market? Shaking her head Lirza just wasn’t sure what she should do.

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
Current Outfit

Flip-Out-E6-Cafe_2-1024x672.jpg

Onderon was different compared to the Inner Rim planets that Hilal had been to. For one, it was inhabited by massive beasts which meant the government had to pay Bounty Hunters an exorbitant number of credits to kill them which meant Onderon was a consistent money maker. Getting a contract from them was competitive and as always came at a first come first serve basis. Hilal was lucky to reserve a contract before it was taken up, she can imagine the pissed off Bounty Hunters. Onderon's cities was also less developed due to the constant beast attacks, it suited Hilal because as much as she enjoyed city planets like Coruscant and Denon, the cities were loud and the stench it created can be unbearable. To breathe in air that wasn't filtered by a machine reminded Hilal of Kresti.

The young woman ordered a medium sized Chocolate Chip Mocha Frap and was about to head towards her seat until a barrage of curses entered her ear. Raising an eyebrow, Hilal turned to see a woman around her age looking at her screen with a despondent look etched on her face. She had green hair that was tied up high and was wearing an athletic attire. The woman did look cute, though Hilal kept that to herself. Normally, Hilal would leave people to their own devices but the green haired woman was the only person her age in this restaurant. Might as well talk to her, and who knows? Maybe Hilal will end up with a friend by the end of this mission.

“Excuse me?" Hilal said to the woman. "Are you okay? I hope I'm not interrupting."

Last edited:

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Lirza had been so invested in her own dilemma that she hadn’t noticed anyone in the café. She was surprised when she heard a voice that was too close to be addressing anyone else. She looked up to see a young woman about her age. Lirza didn’t recognize the girl, which told Lirza she was not local. This instantly peaked Lirza’s interest.

”To be honest I think I’m in crisis,” Lirza stated honestly. ”It will probably seem silly to anyone else though. I’m due to graduate from school this week. I’m not smart enough to go on to university, but I don’t want to take the job my parents found for me.”

Lirza smiled and kicked out the other chair at the table she was sitting and waved for Hilal to join her. ”As to intruding, no way. I always like meeting new people. My name is Lirza Jeban. Trying to decide if I should take a history seeking trip to Dxun…and if I have enough credits to get back if I want.” she waved to the screen still on the buy screen for her ticket.

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Current Outfit

What the woman said wasn't silly per se but rather strange to Hilal. She never attended school and most of the skills she has, she learned by herself through trial and error. Hilal was always curious about the so-called normal life that friends like Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss lived with the only sources of conflict being bullies and mean things being exchanged on the Holonet. At first glance such a life was..... boring how can one find the motivation to improve without battle? It was something that Hilal asked Zoey which she didn't give a satisfying answer to.

"Nice to meet you Lizra," Hilal gave her a smile sitting down in front of her and taking a sip of her Frap. "My name is Hilal of Clan Vizsla, and I think you should take the job your parents gave you. That way you can save enough money to move off planet."

Suffering builds character. Though it wasn't an official Mandalorian saying, it might as well be since it sums up the Mandalorian way of life. Hilal had taken jobs that she hated as a Bounty Hunter but ended up being stronger for it. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger huh?" Hilal chuckled while taking another sip. "If I may ask, why Dxun? It's a jungle Moon filled with some of the most powerful Beasts in the Galaxy. Even the best Bounty Hunters either get killed or suffer grievous injuries."

Lizra looked athletic but she clearly was not a warrior. Still..... her last name did sound familiar.

Lirza Jeban Lirza Jeban

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Lirza was glad when the young woman didn’t instantly jump on her whiny mood, or the fact that her future wouldn’t be written in stone no matter what she chose today. But all that went out the window when Hilal gave her name…more precisely when the “Clan Vizsla” position of her name. Lirza would have guessed Hilal to be Mandalorian just for using the term clan in her name, but Vizsla? It wouldn’t have taken Lirza’s recent school project to recognize it.

Thankfully Hilal gave advice on the job situation, so Lirza didn’t have a moment to freak out at meeting a real Mandalorian, who looked a lot like herself. ”Those are wise words unless you get stuck in the quicksand of never having enough to make a real choice,” Lirza said with a bit of a sigh.

The mention of Dxun brought Lirza back to her real desires. ”My family was Mandalorian a few generations ago. I was hoping to get information on the culture and how I might use my heritage to get involved. I’m sure I would be well behind, but I want to know what possibilities are out there. I know that Dxun isn’t the safest of places. But Mandalorians don’t stick to the safest places, right?”

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Current Outfit

Hilal giggled at Lizra's response about not being able to make a choice. "Sometimes we gotta deal with the cards we're dealt with," Hilal smiled taking another sip of her Frappuccino. Hilal definitely had to deal with living alone for most of her life and endure insults by everyone even her fellow Mandalorians that she wasn't a warrior, that she didn't fit the mold of what a Mandalorian should be. Yet, Hilal persevered and proved everyone wrong. She became a Forgemaster, a veteran of many battles and a respected Bounty Hunter.

"Just don't give up even when the odds are against you," Hilal continued staring deep into Lizra's eyes. "And when the opportunity arrives, you take it and never look back."

What Lizra said next grabbed Hilal's attention and confirmed her slight suspicion. She mentioned that she had Mandalorian blood in her veins, Hilal's smile continued to increase the more Lizra talked. To meet a fellow Mandalorian despite the fact that she's a few generations removed was a welcome sight. "What do you know?" Hilal chuckled. "I've though that you were a Mandalorian the moment you've mentioned your last name. Clan Jeban is one of the Mandalorian clans back at Kresti."

As far as Hilal knows, Clan Jeban wasn't a prominent clan but Hilal made sure to memorize every single Mandalorian clan regardless of if they were part of the Enclave or not. "We Mandalorians love a challenge," Hilal gave a sheepish smile. "But we also come prepared, Lizra do you even have any experience in fighting at all?"

She highly doubted it, Hilal herself had experience in fighting..... even if she wasn't really good at it. But even then Hilal learned to adapt, Lizra was going into a hostile planet without any plan.

Lirza Jeban Lirza Jeban

Last edited:

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Hilal’s smile made Lirza smile even though her words were ones that Lirza would never accept. Cards only mattered in games. Lirza was determined to make her life something more even if she was dealt chit by her circumstances. If she had to go to Dxun with no obvious way back to learn about her ancestors she would do it. Even if it meant that this city girl would have to fight in the wild to get what she wanted. Lirza wanted what her grandparents gave up. For them it was probably safer or whatever to come to Onderon to put down roots. That life would be fine for Lirza’s siblings if they so desired, but Lirza wanted to get out. And minding someone’s shop in the market was not going to get her out of Iziz anytime soon.

The second statement seemed to run counter to the first in Lirza’s mind, even though it was not truly the case. To Lirza playing the cards she was dealt was to stay on Onderon for the rest of her life. Hilal had lived a different life and she knew that it didn’t take a lot to make something better for yourself. ”I won’t give up my new dream until I get there. I’m going to be a true Mandalorian of Clan Jeban. So you think that I should take all my credits and go to Dxun?” Lirza had a bad habit of hearing what she wanted to hear.

When Hilal was excited about the idea that Lirza was Mandalorian or related to Mandalorian at the least it made Lirza excited as well. ”Clan does not really mean blood though right? So there is no reason to think I have relatives on Kestri? At least that’s what I understand of the culture from my research. On the other hand once blood is Mandalorian it is always there to be claimed…right?”

The question about fighting experience brought a frown to Lirza’s face. ”Well. Not exactly. I was top of my class in a martial arts class, but that was just a hobby for you I’m sure. I’ve fired a blaster before…not at anything living…Oh boy. I got a long way to go to be Mandalorian don’t I?” Lirza looked at Hilal and shook her head. ”I’m not passing up this opportunity. You said I shouldn’t let go if I get one. I’m going to Dxun. You should come with me. It’ll be fun. Don’t tell me when you came to Onderon that you didn’t wonder about what’s up on that moon.” Lirza watched Hilal looking for any sign of cooperation. ”Heck the moon is super close. I bet if we venture out into the jungle we can find a Drexl to take us there and I can pay you the credits that I have saved to be my guide.”

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Current Outfit

While Hilal admired Lirza's determination to become a Mandalorian warrior, she was still jumping in without a plan did she even listen to her..... at all? "Wait a minute," Hilal said her expression becoming more worried. "You're just throwing yourself into danger without thinking of the consequences. Have you constructed your Mandalorian Armor?"

She was going to take a wild guess and say no. "I love the fact that you're going to honor your family heritage," Hilal said. "But you can't go out in the wild without the training and preparation necessary. As a warrior, you'll be spending most of your time maintaining your weapons and armor than actual fighting."

It was the first reality that struck Hilal when she became a Bounty Hunter. So much time and credits were dedicated to making sure that her armor and weapons were working at their full potential. It was more stressful than fighting a Jedi. "I'm not going to Drexl anytime soon," Hilal stated becoming a little annoyed of Lirza's insistence on going to the moon. "In fact, I'm doing a contract here, so if you want to observe how we Mandalorians operate then I can invite you to come with me."

The young woman then sighed knowing that Lirza would probably try to interfere. "But OBSERVE," Hilal placed her finger towards her. "DO NOT try to get in the way."

Lirza Jeban Lirza Jeban

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Lirza frowned at the mention of armor. Of course she hadn’t created her own just yet. She hadn’t even fired a blaster at a living being before. Where would she have learned how to make a sophisticated armor system? And how could she afford the beskar alloy to make it properly? Luckily, Hilal continued to talk and Lirza moved past the obstacle of her missing armor. Hilal was impressed that Lirza wanted to regain her family’s roots, which made it easy for the young woman to ignore the statement about not going out into the wild without preparations. She did hear the portion about maintaining armor and weapons. That didn’t bother Lirza in the least. Doing work that was interesting wasn’t a problem. She just wanted to be doing something, not being told that it wasn’t the right time.

Hilal declared that she was not going to the nearby moon, which again brought a frown to Lirza’s face. But as Hilal stated she was going on a mission on the planet and invited Lirza to come along, the green-haired girl’s eyes brightened up. She probably wouldn’t get the full story of a Mandalorian, and even more doubtful was what Hilal could tell her about her own clan. But this would be even better. A first hand look at a Mandalorian in action. ”You mean like an apprenticeship? Is that a thing?”

When told to stay out of the way Lirza gave an understanding nod. Though she also knew that staying out of Hilal’s way and not being exposed to action would likely be two separate things. In the end just being about to watch Hilal would be awesome. ”What is the contract? Should I arm myself just in case? I am a pretty good shot…on stationary targets,” the last part was added sheepishly. That wasn’t a very Mandalorian thing to say. But Lirza hadn’t grown up Mandalorian. She was being where she should be. That was disappointing, but there was only one way to fix that.

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Current Outfit

"Ummm," come to think of it, Hilal never thought about it like that. Taking Lirza as an apprentice it was just that Hilal had so much to learn as a Bounty Hunter and a warrior that she didn't think that she was still capable of passing on what she learned to the next generation. Hilal had spent most of her life absorbing knowledge from her people and even non Mandalorians but to actually teach a person the way of the warrior was something that she did not expect.

"Now that you put it that way," Hilal chuckled nervously. "I suppose it is kind of an apprenticeship though I'm not sure If I make a great teacher. I've only been Bounty Hunting for a year."

Lirza did look desperate, and Hilal didn't want her to do something stupid and go into a hostile where she will get maimed or worse killed. Besides, Hilal will always help her own people no matter what. "Yes, you do," Hilal answered. "First thing you need to learn as a Bounty Hunter is that you ALWAYS have a weapon on you regardless. What I've learned is that other Bounty Hunters are just as dangerous as Bounties."

The young woman dug through her purse and took out an NN-14 Blaster Pistol. "Here," Hilal said handing the pistol to Lirza. "It's basic but I've added some modifications to it. Namely improved cooling, compact grip, a reinforced frame, and reduced recoil."

She pointed at the button to the side. "The safety is on," Hilal said. "When you use it, be sure to turn it on otherwise it won't fire. I'll teach you trigger discipline and how to aim it once we're out on the field."

Hilal finished her Frappuccino. "As for my contract," Hilal stated. "We're hunting a pack of Acklay."

Lirza Jeban Lirza Jeban

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

To Lirza Hilal did not seem to be sure or sold on the idea of an apprenticeship. That might have been because there really wasn’t room for one in real life. Maybe Hilal wasn’t sure if Lirza was really a Mandalorian eligible for such a thing. Or maybe Hilal just wasn’t in a position that taking on an apprentice was wise. Whatever the case, Lirza would be willing to tag along with Hilal no matter what the capacity might be.

Lirza nodded when Hilal confirmed that she questioned her own ability to teach as Hilal was still learning herself. ”The apprenticeship doesn’t need to be permanent,” Lirza responded with a smile. ”Or even official. I am sure that I will learn a lot. Because I need to learn everything it is to be a Mandalorian. If once things settle down you're not the right one to continue my lessons. At least we’ll have accomplished something.”

Lirza wasn’t sure if she was destined to be a bounty hunter once she gained acceptance as a Mandalorian, but a lot of them were from the information she read. ”Mandalorians aren’t unarmed very often either from the way I read it. So Mandalorian bounty hunters probably have back up weapons for their back up weapons huh?” Lirza responded with wide eyes as Hilal handed over one of her blasters. ”You can fix ‘em and shoot ‘em? Yeah, I can learn a lot following you.”

A safety made sense, especially when handing off a weapon. The few times Lirza had shot at a range she was always handed a live weapon, so the advice was received with an understanding nod. ”A pack of Acklay? Well, you came to the planet with all the beasts and the jungles. Who paid you to hunt down Acklay? Someone around here who is being bothered by them? Or someone who wants a trophy?”

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Current Outfit

"Well, Mandalorians usually start training when they're very young," Hilal responded. "It takes dedication and determination to be a true Mandalorian. We judge people based on merit, not on bloodlines."

Bloodlines do help but only a little one must prove themselves worthy as a Mandalorian regardless of origin. Even though Hilal was part of the famed Clan Vizsla, she was treated with disrespect because of her small stature. It took Hilal years of hard work plus a Forgemaster mark to earn the respect of her people. It was tough but Hilal wouldn't have it any other way. To be a Mandalorian meant that one must evolve through hardship.

"I'll try to be the best teacher for you," Hilal said smiling nervously. "Just be sure to do exactly what I say. Being a Bounty Hunter is dangerous and I'm putting it lightly."

The young woman began to walk out of the Coffee shop. "The contract was by the government," Hilal answered. "So, they want these Acklay dead though Acklay aren't native to the planet. I suspect they escaped from captivity which is pretty common in Monster Contracts."

Lirza Jeban Lirza Jeban

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Lirza knew there was much more to being a Mandalorian than having a Mandalorian bloodline. She also knew that her bloodline did mark her as kin, even if she wasn’t viewed as an equal yet. The young woman was far behind where anyone her age would have been if they grew up in the culture. But Lirza’s grandparents had abandoned that way of life. If Lirza was going to regain it there was a lot of work that was going to need to happen. But Lirza was determined. She would do it for sure.

”I have much to learn. And need to instal the Resol'nare in my daily routine. I am not too old for the verd'goten am I?” History told Lirza a lot of fancy terms, but she would need someone to show her what they truly meant. Hilal seemed willing to at least start that process. And Lirza was happy to have someone that seemed as close to a peer as she could imagine in the Mandalorian culture.

”Thank you for giving me a chance Hilal,” Lirza stated with a certain firmness, but also genuine gratitude. ”I promise I won’t do nothing without your word,” that was a promise Lirza may or may not be able to keep, but she meant it in the moment.

Hearing the theory that the Acklay had escaped Lirza nodded. ”Yeah. Lot’s of crazy creatures grow naturally in the jungles, but not Acklay. I bet one of those fight clubs thought having Acklay would get them a high admission price. Stupid. But there are a lot of other fierce things out there. Don’t be surprised if some of the other wildlife beats us to one or two of them. You know where the Acklay are supposed to be at?”

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Current Outfit

In a way, Lizra reminded Hilal of herself, she was determined to learn and to carve out her own path. Something that Hilal did all of her life, she was faced with doubts about her abilities and worked hard to prove to her fellow Mandalorians that she was capable. "No problem Lizra," Hilal said. "Just stick with me and I'll take ya under my wing."

As Hilal headed for the exit, her mind was flooded with doubt and anxiety. She was so used to proving herself, that she never thought of being a teacher. But there was always a first time for everything right? A Mandalorian never shies away from a challenge, Hilal just hoped that Lizra will do what she says. "I'm tasked with either killing or containing them." Hilal said as she exited the cantina. "Though strangely I don't get any bonuses if I take in the Acklay alive so I'm going to blow them to bits."

It was going to be a typical hunt, given that the place they were was a barren wasteland the Acklay will stick out like a Jedi in a strip club. "First thing you need to know about being a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter," Hilal said walking along side Lirza. "Is that you must always be prepared, you spend more time and creds maintaining your weapons and armor than you do actual hunting."

Lirza Jeban Lirza Jeban

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Even though Hilal was young, Lizra knew that Mandalorians matured and accomplished much earlier than most beings in the galaxy. So when Hilal said she would teach her Lizra knew that there was plenty that was going to be taught. Perhaps to be able to complete her verd'goten Lirza might need more help. But Hilal would be a great source of information and maybe she’d be a friend for a long time to come. Lirza’s first “vod”.

”Smart decision,” Lirza said when Hilal stated she was going to blow the menacing Acklay to smithereens. ”Safety first right? Those things are a terror to get too close to. If we…I mean you can just kill ‘em and collect your fee that’s the better way to go for sure.”

Lirza followed behind Hilal mentally taking notes as to what would be expected of a Mandalorian hunter. ”How many Mandalorians are bounty hunters nowadays? I know for a while when the culture was all but eradicated it was a good way to keep alive, but now the Mandalorians are strong again. Are there like farmers and programers? Or does everyone fight for a job?”

1e6rumucd_Divider.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom