Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The song of the forge could be heard in the head of the warrior. All the sounds of battle in the head throughout the day. The clang of a hammer on molten metal, the quick tapping of sparring swords, the shuffling of feet against the ground, a deep slow breath. All formed together held in pace by the beating of an active heart, Inpudanse held two wooden thin swords with square guards and hilts ending in rounded pommel. Tap, tap, tap, they went against an assassin droid wielding the same who was on the defensive. The nine foot tall dog man snarled as he pressed forward both swords crossed together before drawing them outwards splitting a hole in the droids guard. Then once just a small opening was made he drew left against the other two and the right thrust forward into the chest of the metal man.

Then both backed away, Inpudanse sweating lightly and the droid met his bow. The IG Assassin then took its place by the door waiting for it to be used again. The larger egyptian mythos male chuckled to himself before moving to his dojo's window. With that he opened it to the public to a less busy street, most of his wares were sparring materials of his own creation that many weren't interested in. Every now and then a teen would take interest and buy but it wasn't often. So he pulled out a sketch pad and began drawing up a design for a Khopesh, a favorite of his that he'd submitted to the Ankrypt council yesterday. He simply was recreating it from memory now, the weave inspired weapon brought him some pride but it didn't remove his resting frown.

[member="Sekhet-hotep-et"]

[member="Inpudanse"]

It had been a few weeks since her return to Ankhypt from First Order space, and her rather fun visit to the slave auctions occurring in the Tairos market a few days before. She decided to do some research on prominent weapon crafters, but had found none she specified for. So, she decided to begin exploring a bit further from her new home.

A few hours later, she finds a man working on a sketch, with the door open. With keen eyesight, she could see it was a special, legendary sword from her people's past; the Khopesh. Designed to either hack away limbs or smoothly slash across a target, the Khopesh was an ingenious cross between the common longsword and waraxe. With a small smile, she'd knock on the side of the door she was leaning on, before quietly entering the building.

"That is a Khopesh you are drawing," She'd knowingly state, not paying the IG unit any mind. She'd have an approving, interested smile on her muzzle. "If you need funding, I can help you create this, and many other things, once my company is created."

A woman, how unfortunate. Even more so that she would not be interested in his wares. 'That's a Khopesh' Oh! Really? Wow she must be the local private investigator. Though then she brought up money making his left, lightly chewed ear twitch a bit. He placed the pencil down and looked up to her, his grizzled hair lighting up in the autumn sun. Giving off a smirk the warrior passed the drawing to the woman.

"Really now? Where'd you earn yourself a facination in weapons? Cortosis Weave isn't cheap now a days, but your company..." He looked her up and down, he was a fan of the outfit. Most Anubians were lightly revealing, as his only top was two arm bracers on his biceps and his bottom was the Anubian kilt. His digitigrade legs ended without shoes save for very thin sandals that had a heel cover that went to the mid of shit shin. Sparring sandals that he'd fashioned. Though hers was very nice, "What ever it is... will surely need to be rather influential."

He had many more ideas but he wasn't the type of man to expose himself to a new person. Sitting back in his chair Inpudanse continued to look her over, her legs were weaker near the bottom from the way she stood and it would appear as she held herself high. That was good, it was best to keep your chest high, especially with her... assets.

[member="Inpudanse"]

If one were to vocalize Inpudanse's thoughts, she would politely disagree with them, stating that 'looks can be deceiving.' She'd slowly look it over, taking in the different details of the cortosis-weave Khopesh. She'd continue to smile, before handing the drawing back to him. She'd let her eyes wander over his chiseled chest for the briefest of moments before she launched her explanation.

"Well, my parents were wealthy slave marketeers before their passing to the afterlife, and they left their belongings to me. Their estate, money, slaves, servants, all of it is mine. I have no interest in dealing in slaves, Ankhypt has plenty of those." She'd gesture to his forge, then study the various weapons around the room. She did not have the interest of a commoner, or even a noble! No, her interest was purely from a warrior's perspective. One could see that she was at least trained in how to fight.

"No, my interest is in creating modern weapons, vehicles, ships, and armor for our people. We cannot remain as we are forever. Eventually, one of the greater galactic powers will come for us, and not even the most powerful of our magics would be able to save us." She'd then turn to him, giving him a firm, meaningful stare. She was promising she would do all she could to help the Anubians grow in power. "When my wealth and assets are converted to purchasing the resources to assist in creating tools of war... I will need to have someone to take charge of their crafting."

Most people would seek out a forge master that belonged more to a professional agency. Perhaps lady luck was still on his side, as his inventions had caught on to this woman. How very lucky indeed. "Slaving is good business. Slaves can move mountains, they're what holds our history high." Slaving was a favored profession of his, if he had more money he'd buy more slaves. Though for the moment he only had his droid and one slave which he didn't bring out often.

"Well you and I have the same ideals. I wish to improve myself and the rest of the Anubians technologically and physically. There are still those who rely on the force and magic, what we need is brawn and brain not mysticism. Though if your slaves have half a brain I can teach them how to hold a hammer and to make these weapons. Though machines will be needed for Cortosis, I recommend dusting it onto the molten metal. It will save cortosis metal and give the weapon the bare minimum required. If you can prove to me that this weapon can be made, in fact in bulk I'd like twenty in my possession before I show you my next tool." Inpudanse finished his rant, now standing in the middle of his sparing ring holding in his hand a dark wooden Khopesh. Once in his palm he looked back to his female compatriot and handed it to her. The weapon was scaled to feel the same weight of a metal one with the very dense wood. It's design was polished and smooth with the grip feeling firm and powerful, a guard covering over the top and bottom of the hand but only taking a saber's guard on one side and not meeting in the middle.

[member="Inpudanse"]

She smirked, twirling the Khopesh in her hand. She'd glance down to the symbolic weapon, rather pleased how perfectly crafted even the wooden mock-up was. With a nod to him, she'd flip it about so she had a hold of the blade, and the handle was held out to him. She'd prove it to him, alright. But first, she had to do other things.

"As I said, I will prove it to you. The Khopesh can be made and mass-produced. But, I need resources I do not yet have. When I get my own cortosis source, I will help you create them." She'd look him dead in the eye, not wavering as she swore her promise to him. Of course, it wouldn't happen instantly, even after the cortosis was acquired. Even if her judgement of him was only half correct, then he would understand this.

Hmph, a woman unprepared, reminded him of his first contract. She was always blundering about buying things without money. Though this one was more similar to him than she had been. Coming back from the past his eyes darted over her figure once more before giving a curt sigh. "Understood, though you'll definitely be around here more often if you're a woman of your word. So I might as well impart you some knowledge." Grabbing the Khopesh he placed it back by the wall before taking two Shotel swords off the wall, foreign design but anubian in nature, made long enough to match the nine foot man that held them sitting at forty inches long for the blade length alone. The grip was simple and the guard was wide, an apt dueling sword with its sister aside it.

"You know I'm old, but I haven't been for a long time so I posit that you take me with you. I'm no good with politics but I was a soldier and a body guard for some time. I want to learn your character and you need to know mine, so allow me to come with you. My contract is simple, I'll guard your life and provide you comfort with my weapons. In return I demand honesty and a pay roll. You're a special case because you won't have to pay me instantly, just as long as these weapons are made I'll stand by you. If not..." Inpudanse growled a little bit under his breath as he recalled the last person to blow him off.

"We can keep this business oriented and less personal. I'll stay here, tend to my robot and slave, and just send you designs when need be. I'm not going anywhere unless it's with you don't you fret." With that he sat back in a standard wooden chair with back. Leaning back in it lightly the veteran made eye contact hoping that she'd comply. Taking a stranger with you is risky, especially when he's armed and muscular. Though this was his only chance of actually getting back out into the stars, and knowing this woman truly.

[member="Inpudanse"]

Well, that was easier than she thought it would be. And offering himself as a bodyguard was... nice enough of him. She could easily hire others, but she knew from instinct this man was a good cut above the rest of them. She'd smile, closely examining the foreign sword. It was beautifully made, both pleasing to the eye and an effective weapon. Indeed, this man was the one to help Ankhypt's armies. Lowering the blade to her side, she'd slowly bow to him, never taking her eyes off of him as he went for his seat.

"I, Sekhet-hotep-et, would be honored to have you with me. Within the next two months, I promise the materials, equipment, and facilities needed for your work." Thanks to her wealth, she would be able to stick to her word. "And once we have our own paramilitary force, we can claim a cortosis mine, if I haven't already found a seller."

A smile curved across his snout, she was sensible what a relief. She understood how sentient beings worked and that being close was one of the most important things ever. So he stood up from his chair and offered a bow with both swords pointed downwards. "I can be packed in an hour. In the mean time I'll have you talk to my slave in the time. Keep you entertained." The Anubian finished and made his way into his quarters hidden behind a light tarp. After a moment of quick conversation out stepped a smaller formed Chiss woman who smiled and nodded in appreciation of her guest.

"Welcome madam, I hear that you'll be taking my master away? That's very good news, he's been stewing in here a while now. You're pretty enough too, I'm sure you two will have fun in the stars." Her voice was dreamy, half there as if her mind was elsewhere. She wore a simple toga and sandals that covered the important parts but noticably showed off her legs. They were thick but not fat, just full in shape that lead into smaller feet. She kept her hands crossed in her lap whilst standing and awaited her guest's response happily.

[member="Inpudanse"]

Sekhet acknowledged what he said with a nod, then took a seat of her own while she waited on his slave to arrive. The pretty Chiss woman... was not one she expected, but she was quite a welcome sight. She'd tilt her head to the side while she studied the slave woman, appreciating both her looks and the fact she knew her place. After a few more moments of studying her thick legs, she'd slowly nod while she began her questioning of the slave.

"In what ways do you serve your master? Dancing, carrying materials? Cleaning and cooking?" She'd cross her arms across her midriff, still visually admiring the slave with a completely neutral face.

Soon, however, her thoughts returned to the older forgemaster, whom looked to be in his late forties or early fifties. He seemed to be an honorable man, in that he cared for honor in the truest sense of the word. Not like soldiers in the galaxy that preach about honor and glory in war, but don't even have the decency to show their faces half of the time, since they're too busy killing you from kilometers away. She admired honor as a quality in a person, and strived to have honor herself whenever able. The very fact he was a trained swordsman and sword smith proved her at least partially correct in her eyes, and also reinforced her beliefs that this man would prove to be a good investment of her money and time.

At the mention of dancing the Chiss girl's face turned a little bit purple. "Well, I do cook and clean for Master. I help him however I can, he's been very good to me and I've pledged myself to him until my death." She paused a moment licking her lips and adjusting her little outfit before continuing. "I'm no good in the forge but I used to be a battle technician on Alloc III." That planet was a small icy one with few people, but her voice remained genuine. "With that I'm able to critique his work on his designs. He values my opinion mostly, and I trust his judgement. I'd rather like to go with you both but unfortunately I'm rather ill and space-travel doesn't help my condition."

As she rattled on her story Inpudanse was taking with him what was necessary, a sleeping roll, his sheath for shotel and a small scroll case on his back. Slipping on bracers, mandalorian make, he then began looking around the room for a misplaced tool. It took a near minute before he found his hunting rifle and slung it onto his back. This was not meant for warriors, this was meant for animals and he stuck by that code rather well in his time. Having had this old blaster for a near two decades. Stepping out of his room he found his slave girl mentioning her disease to which he cleared his throat. She jumped startled from his presence and turned around kneeling down to the ground. Spare specialty tools were kept in a soldier's shoulder strapped bag along with his sleeping roll and changes of clothes.

"Thia'llamrei Khan. This is [member="Sekhet-hotep-et"]. don't forget your manners. I'm going away for a while, the droid will protect you. I'll be transmitting home every ten days. Stay safe, don't be stupid. Kollen vengue." Inpudanse finished as he looked towards his guest and nodded a little bit signifying that he was ready to go.

[member="Inpudanse"]

The slave girl was a pretty one... but she was definitely talkative. If she were Sekhet's property, she likely would have smacked her upside the head by now, but that's the problem; The Chiss did not belong to her. Instead, she'd listen to the woman with faked interest, but was fortunately distracted when the elderly forgemaster returned with his necessary supplies. With a small nod to the blue woman, she'd quickly rise to her full height.

"I have a yacht in the nearby starport, we may head there for further discussions and whatnot." She'd flash him another pleasant smile, before gesturing for him to follow as she turned to the entrance. She'd wave goodbye to the Chiss woman, then turned her full attention on leading him to her yacht, and then orbit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little over half an hour later, Sekhet had set her H-type Nubian yacht to a geosynchronous orbit with Tairos, managed by the ship's autopilot. In the lounge, she'd casually sit on a couch. The lounge would have a ceremonial combat staff, Anubian in make, mounted on the wall above the long couch, with a single table in the middle. A rather large and luxurious kath hound pelt would decorate the floor, and traditional Anubian music could be heard playing on the ship's sound system, just loud enough to be pleasant. Clearly, Sekhet was a woman of pleasures.

"I do hope this ship is to your liking. The two guest quarters in my ship are untaken, and may decorated as you please. They may be a bit small, so please don't bring any woman up there." Smirking, the last part was clearly meant as a joke. She'd take a small sip of her wine, and gesture to the bottle and glass. "Help yourself to the wine, if you wish."

A lavish ship it was indeed, unknown to many Anubians and yet here he was basking with royalty again. The last time he'd been in much worse company, though a random Anubian woman with a mass of power and a touch of hedonism may not be so dissimilar. Walking to the table he smiled to her courtesy and enjoyed the offer. While not much of a drinker, sociability was far more important than turning down the offer. This was not the case for his old company, but she needed to be trusted.

Taking a glass of the wine he drank it down quickly and gave a satisfied, 'ahh'. Strong but not overwhelmingly so, like a good spice. Any good warrior shouldn't partake in alcohol, as it dulls the mind but if you drank in small doses you'd build up tolerance for scenarios like this. Sitting across from her he began to look at his surroundings, she was very obviously a seasoned explorer. "You've got quite the prizes around here. Heirlooms or spoils?" He inquired setting his stuff down, waiting to check out his room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom