Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Further Up and Further In...

Closer and closer she came towards him, her words full of vitriol. Even then, he didn't move, but he was ready. Dune wasn't the most powerful wielder of the Force, but this close and with this much time to focus...he almost pitied her if she chose to attack him. Surely even a neophyte such as herself could sense it this close but her rage blinded her.

"The Emperor is not a male or female, but an idea. Sith Lords may have killed him but another will rise up in their vanity and greed. The cycle will repeat once again, the underlings driven by jealousy as always."

He didn't tell her that, if the Sith Lords could set aside their petty differences, they might sweep up the galaxy like so much cosmic dust. However, the infighting kept them at each others' throats. Driven by negativity, it granted them temporary power and ultimately curtailed them in the grand scheme of things. The Bith's lips quirked into a small smile.

"You say we're beyond reproach, that we ignore half of the Force. Your Lords are much the same, then. Tell me, if we are so beyond reproach, why has their been a schism within our Order. We do not ignore the Dark Side, we acknowledge it's power and we also know it's dangers, We understand the Light is a longer path but ultimately more rewarding. We do not simply dismiss it out of hand as weak because it doesn't yield results right away."

"The truth?," he asked as his eyes took in her hilt pointing at him "The truth is: the Sith seek immortality, but never will they achieve it. By not surrendering to the will of the Force, they ultimately hinder themselves in the end."

[member="Moravian Zambrano"]

Her saber fell to her side as she again stepped forward her empty hand pointing an accusatory digit at the Bith. "You are such a fool, it's astounding. The Council will never allow one to rule over them again. There has been to much bloodshed to achieve their victory for them to stand by while another takes power again. The days of a Dark Lord ruling the Sith are gone Jedi. If you cannot accept that, it's your own folly.

She stepped forward once more before going still. The tension in the air robbed her of the next biting comment she had been about to make. The Bith had gathered a great deal of strength and focus in and around himself, only now did she realize just how much power he was holding in check. The turmoil that had left her presence boiling, the rage, the wounded pride, suddenly vanished. There was still anger in her but it was no longer a wildfire of uncertainty and directionless hatred. In it's place burned a crystalline focus, a precise, unwavering flame of aggression.

She stepped forward one final time. Her voice was suddenly soft again, melodic and sweet, "You plan to do something with all that? Are you going to throw a sucker punch at me, Jedi? Well," She thrust out her chest, her empty hand patting her side just below her breast. "Come on then. Free shot."

[member="Dune Rhur"]

The change in her startled Dune more than all of her hate-filled diatribe. He hesitated for a second or two before he made his answer.

"I will not hurt you, follower of the Sith or not," he replied "Unless you strike at me first."

He finally unfolded his hands from within his sleeves and let them hang by his side.

"You are young and clearly haven't studied your history. Another Dark Lord will arise again. Vitiate, Sidious, Krayt and this latest Emperor. History repeats itself, you will note. Just as the One Sith once held the galaxy under it's sway under Krayt, so it does now. It will fall."

He regarded her with his air of calm certainty for a long moment of silence.

"Perhaps we should meditate on the Force together. Do you trust the word of a Jedi, too weak to strike you down even now?"

Feth it! She thought fiercely as she advanced on the Jedi again. He might not want to harm her, but she was certainly going to try to force his hand. She wasn't going to stop this time until either he swung or she outright ran her chest into his. Something would give, he would be intimidated into action or into retreat, a decision on his part that could dictate whether or not someone died here today.

"I know my father's might Jedi." She replied, her tone still soft and nearly innocent sounding. "His shadow haunts my dreams, both sleeping and awake. I feel his terrible strength spreading across the galaxy like a plague. There will never be an Emperor while he is alive Jedi. And where even death has failed to stop my father's reign of terror, I do not see history repeating itself for a long time."

This was it, the moment where he would have to choose. Conflict, as had been dictated by centuries of death between Jedi and Sith. Or another path, a new path perhaps, one where neither Jedi nor Sith was willing to commit the first act of aggression toward the other. She stepped forward, set on running her armored chest into his. "Why do you tolerate me here Jedi? Surely you feel the darkness I hold in my heart. Are you not supposed to eradicate those who wield the Dark Side as a weapon?"

[member="Dune Rhur"]

Again and again, she tried to push him into attacking her. He did act this time, but not in an overly aggressive way. With his gathered energies, he pushed her back. Not especially hard but enough to cause her booted feet to skid against the hard-packed dirt audibly. The Bith let up three meters away.

"Your family's dark past haunts you, yes, but it doesn't have to dictate your destiny unless you allow it to. Will you be strong enough, or will you succumb. There is no darkness without light, young one, and no light without darkness. There difference is, I can acknowledge the darkness that exists inside me but can you see the light inside of you."

Instinct took over as she was pushed back, her weight shifting to the balls of her feet to keep from stumbling. She slide back several feet before grinding to a halt on the rocks and dirt. The Jedi lept away, clearing several meters without much effort. When he landed he began lecturing her again, foolish prattle about light and dark existing in everyone. She had said as much already, or near enough to it in her mind. She stayed there while the Jedi spoke, hunched forward with her arms hanging loosely before her.

Slowly she began to gather strength to herself, drawing the Force in with each breath she took. Her saber hilt was hung back on it's hook at her hip as she did. Still she remained hunched over. A smile split her lips as she gathered her strength. She couldn't win a fight this way, she knew it but that wasn't about to deter her from retaliating. His strength far outweighed her's in regard to sheer energy manipulation. From her understanding there were young children that could move more energy than she could. Still, she gathered what strength she could.

"Do you know what the light in me has done Jedi?" She asked, an ominous edge to her tone. "When I first became aware of myself, when I first woke up in that fething tube they grew me in, the light in me tried to warn me what I was. Before I even knew the concept of walking, the light gave me visions." Suddenly her head lifted, her gaze fixated on the Bith above. Still she remained hunched forward, gathering strength. "Visions of dead men. Visions of war and violence. Visions of hatred and anger. Visions of a dark titan who haunts my dreams to this day. The light tried to warn me about my father. Instead it has left me with nightmares so real I can't tell whether I'm awake or not. I have seen the light Jedi and it is a terrifying place." Her hands began to move in a slow figure eight pattern. "I'll stay in the darkness, thank you. The monsters of the galaxy don't hunt for me here."

Her body came upright as she racked her hands in front of her. Her right flicked forward throwing a burst of raw kinetic force at the Bith. This was not her area of expertise and her blast lacked the power the Jedi had. At best her blast was comparable to a stiff punch or perhaps a particularly good shove. The Jedi's natural resilience as a Force wielder would likely mitigate even her best effort to something more like being jostled in a crowded hallway. Her left hand however racked the air toward herself rather than away, pulling at the rocks and stones behind the Jedi. If she was lucky the combination of her push and the shifting stones around the Bith would result in him falling on his rear end.

[member="Dune Rhur"]

Dune had expected her to lash out at him; he'd hoped she wouldn't but wasn't surprised that she did. His long-fingered hands came up to ward off the metaphysical blow, palms facing his aggressor. The energy broke up on the far stronger wall of energy. He sighed and shook his head sadly.

"You choose the easy path, then. You do yourself a great disservice," the Jedi's disappointment was evident in his tone. He drew aside his robes, revealing the hilt of his lightsaber upon his right hip. Unhooking it, he did not activate the sky-coloured blade. Rather, he spoke again, this time in stern warning.

"Do not think to attack me again, young one. I'll not give you another warning."

Her eyes widened and her jaw hung slack. Nothing! Her blast broke apart like an ocean wave against a seawall. The Jedi wasn't even so much as ruffled by the blow. He pulled a saber hilt from the folds of his robes, issuing another warning to the young Sith as he did. That certainly snapped her out of her shocked disbelief.

Her jaw closed, teeth gritted in frustration. With a small excursion of her will her twin shoto sabers lept from her hips into her waiting hands. "Your strength in the Force might be greater than mine Jedi but a saber fight is not something you are likely to win."

She rolled her head from side to side, creaking her neck. A moment later she exploded into motion. She rushed up the hillside faster than a normal soldier could ever hope to match. Halfway to her opponent her blades ignited in a beautiful lavender hue. She lept at the Bith, her sabers already cutting crisscross patterns in the air as she flew at him.

[member="Dune Rhur"]

Moving with the preternatural speed of a Jedi, Dune brought his blade to life in order to parry the oncoming twin blades. His movements were tight, keeping to his center line and moving no more than he had to. Her movements too came quickly, more so than the wielder of a more standard lightsaber. He quickly realized her twin shotos afforded her great speed and control.

In close, it would be a matter of time before he was overwhelmed. Perhaps if he was a master bladesman he could better play at her game. As it was he sent a quick Force push out at her to buy himself some room....

A laugh boiled out from beneath the helmet of the young Sith Acolyte. Oh the Jedi was skilled, his defenses were tight and his movements controlled near perfectly. Still she could sense it was too much for him. Her Jar'kai saber form was overwhelming. The constant assaults would wear him down sooner rather than later. It wasn't long before he threw another wave of energy at her. She was too close, she couldn't evade the blast. It caught her, dragging her backward across the rocks several feet again.

A growl of frustration rumbled in the woman's throat. He would keep doing that Bantha chit all day if he had too. Push her back, breath, regain his focus. She started up the hill again, slowly this time. She knew she could best him and that knowledge gave her a nearly arrogant sway to her hips as she walked toward the Bith. "I'm sorry. Did you need a moment to breathe Jedi?"

She walked into her next series of attacks. A new approach and a new tactic in mind. Dealing the Bith an outright death blow wasn't working so far. Instead she started hunting for a touch. She didn't need to main him or severe a limb, just manage to touch him once and she could start to force the results of their fight.

[member="Dune Rhur"]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I was simply giving you every chance to stop your foolishness," he replied with a quirk of his lips. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]She wouldn't let up, however, and she came again with wild blades that seemed to impact like hammers. The scholar could feel the shock reverberate up his arms each time he parried. Blades of red and blue hissed and crashed, bull rancors fighting for a harem. Though the Bith was technically the better schooled swordsbeing, he quickly came to the conclusion he'd eventually wither under this avalanche of blades.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Without sufficient time to gather his power, he made a quick flicking motion with his left hand between a series of blows. With that, he sent a spray of dirt, snow and sand at her face. He knew the visor would stop most of it, but there were openings for her to see, hear and breathe. Using the distraction, Dune leaped back with assistance from the Force, smoothly landing in a crouch some meters away. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Staying in that position for a moment, he kept his left hand free as he gathered the metaphysical energies around him....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]OOC: Mora, my appologies for changing things around like that. I felt my previous post was kind of boring and didn't acknowledge Moravian's strength and size enough.[/SIZE]

Her twin shotos slashed at the air before her wildly as she retreated several steps. She looked down at herself in confusion and then back to the Bith, equally confused. What did he just do? She looked back and forth between herself and the Bith two more times as she puzzled out what the man had done before he lept away.

"Seriously?" She asked in a perplexed tone. "Did you really just throw fething dirt in my face? Do you not see what I'm wearing?" The saber in her left hand was extinguished. She brought the hilt up and tapped the razor sharp emitor blades against her visor. "That's Transparisteel! The suit is environmentally sealed. Oxygen filters, photo-reactive lens. I just... What..." She started to stammer toward the end, utterly confused by the Bith's tactic. She threw her hands up in confusion after a moment.

"This is how you throw something at a Sith." Her left hand jabbed forward as she triggered the MM-9 wrist rocket launcher built into her gauntlet. She didn't aim at the Jedi but at the ground a foot in front of him. The anti-personal rocket she fired would throw shrapnel, rock and flame at everything within a meter of the impact. Her blade sprang to life before the rocket ever reached the Jedi. A second later she rushed forward intent on breaking through his defenses this time.

[member="Dune Rhur"]

Dune bit off the pithy remark he’d been about to make, bemusement changing to surprise as she launched her wrist-mounted rocket. Covering the distance in seconds, there was barely enough time to throw up a barrier. Though it absorbed the brunt of the impact, the concussive power still sent him stumbling back and he felt the heat of an open furnace singe him. Caught on his heels as he was, her charge came at the worst possible time for him.

Barely did he manage to interpose his blade between them as he twin short swords once again became a deadly whirlwind. Back and back again, the Jedi was made to give ground lest her blades make deadly contact. Radiating from the daughter of Zambrano were excitement, fear, hate and grim satisfaction. Deciding to make a deadly gamble, Dune pretended fatigue and allowed his blade to dip.

He felt her emotions pique as she thought she sensed victory. The young Sith’s blades whirred towards his head, intent on decapitating him. That was just what he’d hoped would happen as she'd overextended herself in her bloodlust. Crouching under the blades, he executed a foot sweep….

Ha! She wanted to roar in triumph. The Jedi had been staggered and he only barely managed to recover in time to intercept her blades. This was it! She knew, bone deep, that she had him this time. Still he fought on like a wounded Rancor, wild and desperate. It was too little and far too late. His stance was haphazard, his motions almost sluggish. His blade dipped, leaving an opportunity and she lept on it like a starving animal. One shoto battered his saber aside as she drove the second one into his eye... Only his eye wasn't there anymore.

His leg struck her calves, tearing her feet out from under her. She went down, swinging her sabers in a frantic defensive pattern to ward off a follow-up attack. Her heels kicked at his legs once before digging into the ground. With a burst of Force imbued strength, Mora kicked off the ground, sliding backwards a few feet. Her sabers whipped at the air as she turned her slide into a reverse somersault, scrambling back to her feet some two meters away from the Bith.

Her eyes narrowed. "Well played."

[member="Dune Rhur"]

He'd brought his weapon down for a decisive blow, but she had brought up her weapons. With that, she propelled herself back and to her feet with a somersault before her growled compliment. "Thank you," he said with a minute smile and then he surged forward. It was time to stop being nice to her.

Rhur was virtually on top of her in the blink of an eye. Playing defense had almost gotten him killed so the Jedi would press the attack now. His blade seemed a blur of random cuts and slashes to the target zones of her body. From the urgency of her own defense, he suspected her armour wouldn't stop a committed blow of his lightsaber.

There was no satisfaction in his mind now, just grim resolve to end it. The Jedi would've preferred it to have ended with words but that was rarely the way of the Dark Side. He would do what he had to and no more or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom