Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Frustration

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Her frustration could not be higher right now.
Between the conspiracy theories revolving around her fiancé, and her Padawans causing so much trouble, she felt a deep desire to release all that built-up tension by screaming as loudly as she could. But during her duties and especially around her Padawans, she always had to remain calm. Now that she finally came home to their new apartment on Empress Teta though, she'd have time to let it all out.
Opening the door and stepping into the apartment, Valery already carried an aura with her that made it seem like any wrong word could get her to explode. And rather than greeting her fiancé with a usual hug and kiss, she walked through the living room without even saying a word. She made her way into the bedroom and threw the door shut behind her, creating a booming noise that echoed through the apartment.
Valery dropped herself onto the bed, head buried into a pillow, and fought the urge to scream her lungs out as a tear or two began to fill her eyes.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Even before Valery Noble Valery Noble had arrived, he knew. She was always one to keep calm when others would blow up. But people had limits. And Jedi were still people. When she came home with the air of frustration boiling to it's limit, he was in the kitchen. He said nothing, instead focusing on what he was doing. He paused, though, just to watch her as she stepped by the doorway to their new kitchen.

Then back to work.

Within the room, part of his work had already been set out for her. On the nightstand a muffin, like he'd always make. A letter.

It's okay to cry. Come out when you're ready.
-Love you.

n0m34qi.png
For about 10 minutes, Valery remained completely still, face buried into the comfort of her pillows while she allowed her emotions to finally come out a bit. Meditation and mental techniques were often helpful to stay balanced, but so much had happened in such a short amount of time, that she felt overwhelmed for once.
When she finally raised her head from the pillow, she spotted something on the nightstand beside her. A muffin? There was a letter too. Valery reached for it and sat still on the side of the bed for a few minutes more.
Eventually, she finally moved out of the bedroom and walked over towards the kitchen without saying a word. She stepped up behind Kahlil and nudged him to turn around, before pulling him into a tight embrace, her arms wrapped around his torso. The side of her face came to rest against his chest and for a moment, she just stood there.
He knew her too well.
"Why is there always so much stress?" she asked softly. "It's just too much."
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

He blinked in surprise at first, but pretty quickly settled into the hug. Holding Valery Noble Valery Noble firmly to his chest. Waiting for her to talk if she wanted to. Sure enough, she did. Kahlil ran a hand through her hair, gently petting her for the moment.

"That's what it means to be Jedi. If you want, we can stop being Jedi. Any time you'd like. But.. I know you." He smiled, reaching down to lift her chin up. Smiling. "When the stress is too much. Just come home. Be with me. Vera. And when you're ready, go back out and keep being the kickass Jedi you are."

n0m34qi.png
It was impossible for her not to be emotional right now. She was worried, tired, and stressed about everything that happened. The stabbing had made her feel a fear she never experienced before, her Padawans were demanding and the false news spreading about Kahlil was infuriating to her.
"I know," she mumbled against his chest, knowing fully that he was right.
"I just..." she paused, her lips trembling and her eyes filling with tears again. She had no idea why she was this emotional but she just couldn't help herself. "I'm just afraid," she admitted.
"No matter what happens, I never want to lose you or Vera."
She kept her face buried into him and at this point, lost all sense of time as she held him. Every person had their limits and in an incredibly short amount of time, so much had happened. The powerful, confident Jedi Master had reached her breaking point.
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom