Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen Resolve [Graxin Rade]

Elom
Neutral Space
[member="Graxin Rade"]​

Information had reached the Order of the Silver Jedi through the Silver Shadows that a new group of Jedi had formed. Coci had received the file and decided to make contact with the group through one of the names within in the file, one Graxin Rade.

She had sent a message to this man and arranged a meeting point on Elom in neutral space. The night had fallen hard on the planet and very little visibility is afforded to her as she looks out across the frozen waste land through the cockpit window. She is alone and is the first to arrive.

Moving quickly to the back of the ship, Coci dresses in the appropriate clothing for the conditions of the planet, an arctic suit with jacket and hood. On her head a set of protective goggles and her saber clipped to her belt on her hip.

Back in the cockpit, she watches the control panel screens for any sign of the member from Ession Reformation.

Placeholder 0123

P
For the Silvers to contact the Reformation seemed odd at first. When the Reformation's Jedi had declared their order, their views on the rest of the Jedi had been made very clear to the public. Nothing was private in the Reformation. The government and its Jedi Lords valued transparency over deceit and dirty politics. The other Orders were not seen as allies in the eyes of the Reformation. The Republic's Jedi were heretics that taught lies, and needed to be dealt with accordingly lest they breed more Sith. They were, after all, the breeding ground for the initial One Sith. The Levantines were not to be touched as they valued peace, but would eventually be brought into the Reformation's circle. The Silvers had good intentions, but were, in the eyes of the Reformation, stagnant and needed to practice the revised code.

In other words, the Reformation was not tolerant of the other Jedi Orders like the Republic had been, and were ready and willing to bring those other Jedi into the fold by any means. Unification was the only way to save the galaxy, and the Grand Council would not shirk that duty.

So, despite his surprise, Graxin Rade had responded to Sinopi's message in kind. He'd arrived on the desolate world some time ago, his ship docked not thirty meters from her own. He was clad in his traditional leather robes. He wore no heavy clothing, as he did not intend to remain in the cold for long. THe force would sustain his need for heat--he had nothing to worry about concerning hypothermia or the matter if he only remained in the cold for an hour or so.

The Knight approached Coci's vessel slowly. He drew back his hood and revealed himself, a man in his early thirties with a scruff of a beard, sharp amber eyes, and an utterly friendly disposition about him. He moved to wait by the landing ramp.

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Graxin Rade"]

The Silver Jedi had formed no views of the Ession Reformation as of yet, since they are a newly formed group, it is part of the reason Coci is here now. To find out more about them and their philosophies, this would be an interesting meeting to say the least. The figure of a man walking across the wasted landscape was not surprise to her considering the sensors of her ship had informed her of his arrival. Immediately Coci went to the boarding ramp to lower it.

Her white boots trod the reinforced ramp as it hit the white hardened ice and she was soon on ground to meet him on his approach. Coci removed her goggles siting atop her head and placed them in one of the pockets of her jacket. Her black piercing eyes taking in his attire and visage before she offered a bow of her head in greeting.

"Knight Rade I believe. I am Master Coci Sinopi of The Order of the Silver Jedi. If it pleases you, let us talk inside my ship out of the cold". She was quite happy to remain outside if he felt uncomfortable about entering her ship, she has no ill intent for this meeting or the Reformation.

Placeholder 0123

P

"Just Graxin is fine." The Knight grunted as he approached the steps. He wasn't one for formalities when it was applicable. He waved a hand forward in greeting, and ran his fingers through his short black hair.

He helped himself up into the ship, relishing the artificial heat that seeped into his chilled limbs and rejuvenated his spirit. He ceased to create the heat bubble around himself, and allowed Master Sinopi all of his attention.

It seemed he didn't much care for caution, or that he thought the Silvers to be true to their word.

"Surprised the Silvers would want to meet with us." He sputtered after a gasping breath. Traveling across the ice wasn't exactly a relaxing stroll. "What are you curious about us for anyway?" He added shortly as he stood up to his full height. He held out his hand, and offered a small smile.

There was a certain ease about him that some found unsettling. Others seemed to flock to it, such as those in the Reformation. Either way, Graxin Rade did not seem to be your typical man in charge.

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Coci promptly took his hand to shake with a nod of respect to a fellow Jedi. "Why such a surprise? after all a new group of Jedi would always be of interest to the leaders of the Silver Jedi". She said as she indicated to walk along the corridor to a more warm and comfortable room. They entered a small conference room with a table in the centre and six upholstered chairs, Coci invited Graxin to take a seat.

"Please call me Coci", she offered a small smile as she took a jug of water with glasses on a tray off the side cupboard and placed it on the table for refreshment if required.

"I am sure you are aware many people give themselves the title of Jedi, but do not necessarily follow the way of the Jedi. So with this in mind we are curious about The Reformations philosophies in this regard, and what is your purpose". She is aware he does not need to answer her, but considering they are close within the galaxy it is always good to know your neighbours.

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin said nothing as Coci led him to another room. He rolled his shoulders as they strode down the corridor, allowing himself to enjoy the comforting warmth of the Silver Master's ship for the moment. He took her invitation for a seat, and listened patiently as she spoke. He had learned the subtle nuances of diplomacy through his many years of serving on war councils and the like. It was better to led your opponent, or associate in this case, say all that was on their mind before you uttered a single word. It prevented falling into the traps of wrongful words and verbal warfare.

"We aren't the most public, I suppose. Not yet anyway. Give it another month, and the galaxy will know of the Reformation, from Fringe space to the Imperial Remnant." He stated with a bit of pride. The Knight wheeled about in his chair to face Coci, and offered a warm and wholly sincere smile. "However, don't mistake my certainty for hubris. I'm simply proud of the efforts my people have made, Jedi or not." He folded his arms over his chest, and took a moment to cst a quick look around the room.

Six chairs, drinks, and a generally comforting feeling about the place. This must have been where she conducted the majority of her meetings. "The Reformation is not us. The Jedi are not the Reformation. We simply share the same goal. Order, and peace." He dropped his arms down to his sides, and sat up a bit straighter. An edge rose in his voice, that of the kind that only came about when an individual truly believed every word they spoke. "The Republic is corrupt. Senators controlled the Jedi Order, and the Senatorial system is obsolete. The Jedi and the government leaders need to work together, to run checks and balances on one another. The Jedi are not meant to be the guard dogs of the Republic, a power corrupt with greed and immorality."

"We as Jedi are meant to defend all. How are we supposed to do that when we cast aside our code, allow a child to become the sole leader of our order, and forget about the rest of the galaxy? The Imperials are on the rise again. Criminal organizations control entire systems. The war with the One Sith is one loss after another, and our Order has severed itself into portions." Graxin paused for a moment to catch his breath.

"The philosophies of our Jedi is simple. Follow the revised code. Place the lives of all beings above your own. Serve the force as well as the people. Bring order, and through order, peace to the galaxy." The Knight shifted partway in his chair. He was aware he was speaking mouthfuls, but it was important to get his entire point across before giving Master Sinopi room to doubt. "The Reformation as a whole seeks to put force users, and non-force users on the same level. To abolish rigged elections, Imperialism, social restrictions, and to execute or turn every Sith remaining in our galaxy. We establish laws of morality, rather than laws based around credits and greed. Our people live full lives under our protection, and we plan to expand. Eventually, we'll stop the Imperials, then the capitalists, then the Sith, and finally save the wayward systems of the Republic and reunite the Jedi. We should be one Order, Master Sinopi, not dozens."

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Naturally, she had questions. Most of what Graxin spoke of she agreed with especially the fact that this group of Jedi did not have the single minded focus of Sith alone. There is much more then them that pose a threat to freedom of the people of the galaxy. As he had stated, criminal groups of all descriptions and yes the Imperials are rallying. By their very nature one did not have to ask of the Imperial purpose, but they are not strong, yet.

Much time had been spent talking about the Republic and their corruptions, the Jedi of that Order simply groomed to defend their own not others, she had seen much evidence of this in the past and things had not changed, even though the leaders had tried. Much internal squabbling remains there it seems. They are Jedi of the Republic, not the Jedi Order until they separate they will always be this.

"You talk about reuniting the Jedi, tell me.. under what banner? yours?", she asked with not a sense of argument but a want to acquire further knowledge. "You also speak of a revised Code, to which do you refer, am I to assume Master Skywalkers?". Coci had never consider this code a code, but more of a directive. "You speak of bringing peace through order, how do you mean and how do you envisage doing this?".

It was this last question that concerned Coci the most. The Sith speak of bringing peace through Order, their ideal of peace of course and their idea of how to achieve this runs contrary to freedom. It is a fine line the Reformation tread.

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin had lost his first post because the website is horrible and evil, so he was angry and threw this one together.

Questions were to be expected. Graxin steeped his fingers, and listened intently to Coci's concerns. He wanted the woman to understand just what the Reformation was, and what it stood for. Otherwise this meeting would prove to be a waste of time, and he very much disliked wasting time.

"A bit of the old code, and a bit of Skywalker's. It's rather clear to us that without a code to give our students structure, they falter. They lack discipline. They are more easily swayed by the Dark Side. They have a tendency to act more selfishly rather and altruistically. It's an issue both I and the Grand Council have observed for many years now. We studied both codes, took what we believed to be closest to the Order's initial direction, and revised it among ourselves." The Knight explained. He spoke animatedly, moving his hands about with each word.

"As for the reuniting the Jedi, yes, under our own if necessary. I know you are not blind, Coci, we are ineffective fragmented like this. The Sith stand together as one monstrous entity, while we squabble over who should or should not be in charge; what we need to be teaching our students and whatnot. We argue over this, when the answer is already clear. We follow the steps of our predecessors. A single council should lead to check upon on another. Padawans should establish a bond with their master rather than being tossed around between every teacher the Order has to offer and further confusing them. Our goal should be to eradicate the Dark Side and save all who we can." He paused for a moment, and met the Silver Master's gaze. "Those Jedi that forsake others to achieve personal peace are selfish. They shirk their duties for enlightenment, when the force itself is guiding us to help the suffering galaxy. Whether it be with us, or one of the other Orders, the Reformation supports a reunification of all the Orders, by whatever means necessary other than violence. We cannot do what need to be done fragmented like this."

The final question made him fall silent for a moment. "We allow all to flourish under our banner. We are not like the other governments of the galaxy. We hold true to five simple laws of morality, rather than dozens of decrees meant to uplift the wealthy and restrict social change. We brings wayward groups into the fold, uplift then as best we can, allow them the freedom to do whatever they wish. Our laws are designed to mold people into compassionate, altruistic free thinkers. The Republic and its allies have utterly failed in these attempts--they gave people freedom to kill each other. To slaughter for credits and self gain. The Reformation gives freedom to all its people, but we do not allow for violence. All issues and concerns will be brought publicly to the seat of government, and be taken care of democratically. "

"In short, we seek to teach people compassion and help whomever might need it."

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Graxin Rade"]

"There would need to much changes for the Jedi to reunite, Graxin. There is too many difference between all the groups, not just a few. Unless you are talking about reforming a Jedi Coalition I can not see it happening. A Coalition might work, might", she is sceptical even at this suggestion. Most of his words made sense but like most that have formed ideas around the Silver Jedi he was mistaken. Which is to be expected considering these that comment have not contact or connect to the member of the Silver Order.

"The Silver Jedi do not sit and do nothing. And regardless of all the history that has gone before between the Jedi Order and the Silver Jedi, we still consider them our brothers and sister, even if they do not. If they called for aid we would come even now. But it is their blindness that prevents this, they are to focused on themselves to see a different view point to how one achieves strength to fight the evils. Yes the Silver Jedi train to better themselves, yes we seek peace just as most do, but we do this to protect those that fall under our banner, to serve and protect the planetary system without our area when required. As we stand we do not have the necessary resources to extend this and we understand your point of view to reunite the Jedi to rid this lacking. But how would you see it work? considering all the differences between the groups?".

Placeholder 0123

P

Graxin had a semblance of an answer. It was a cold one, one that he might be chastised for by the Jedi of coming generations . He considered it , and opted to keep it to himself for now. His Padawan had made a remark that he was an extremist, and thinking about it now, that might have been true.

The Knight breathed a quiet sigh, and offered Coci a confident smile. "That my friend, is where we disagree. The Silver Jedi and the Levantines have similar views, and those of the Reformation's and the Silvers are highly similar. We could unite, pool all our resources toward the goal of galactic liberation." He tilted his head forward in a sign of respect. "The only Jedi not like us , my dear, are those of the Republic. I would be reluctant to even call them Jedi, to tell you the truth."

He reached for a glass, and took a short sip. Graxin was ambitious, he knew that much, but he knew where all the cracks were. At a base level, the Silvers were much like his own warriors. The Levantines were more peacefully inclined, which was fine. They should be left to their own designs, though the Knight hoped to pull them into the Reformation for purpose of unification.

"I would offer the Republic aid for the sake of its citizens. I would offer their Jedi aid because it's the right thing to do, but they are not like us." He set the glass on the table. "We are Knights of peace, they are government agents with lightsabers...and the Reformation has the resources to do whatever is needed."

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Graxin Rade"]

The hint of a smile, creased her lips. Coci had to admit she agreed with most of what he had said and the Reformation thus far, have the same ideals as the Silver Jedi. Regardless of their group structure the goals are the same.

"I believe that Grand Master E'ron would be more than interested in this, as her representative I believe further discussion is in order. Much needs to be worked out and who knows where this might lead all Jedi from both factions". Coci took up her own glass of water and sipped to refresh. A hint of things to come in her words possible but they all have a long way to go to find mutual agreement.

"I shall extend an invitation to you to visit Voss when you are ready to meet the Order of the Silver Jedi and speak to the Council. Do you have any questions for me?". She placed her glass down on the table and placed her hands on the table.

Placeholder 0123

P

"Not entirely, no. I think I understand everything I might be curious about." He stated plainly. He folded his arms over his chest, and offered a sliver of a smile. The Grand Council would have mixed opinions about giving the Silvers the time of day. It would be more than entertaining to present to his compatriots.

"I will inform you that we'll be starting out campaign soon. Worlds will be liberated in days, and the Imperial Remnant crushed. Their space will be free, and their Emperor nothing more than an unpleasant memory." He added quietly. "Felt the need to tell you."

His thoughts lingered on a Jedi Coalition for a moment. It was an ambitious plan, to be sure, and one with many cracks to fall through. In truth, Graxin sought to bring all into the Reformation's fold. If an alliance of sorts was the first step to this, then so be it.

"I will look forward to the trip. This has been quite the visit, Coci, consider me charmed." He shot her a playful wink, and pushed up to his feet. "Given time, perhaps we can make real progress."

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Likewise Coci rose to her feet. She had got the information required by herself and Master E'ron and she would hold him up no longer. Only a small smirk crossed her face at his comment of being charmed, not a likely thing for Coci to have done, she would leave the 'charming' to Master E'ron.

"May the force be with you and your fellow members on your campaign, and in time we shall see what the force deems of us as a complete group. I bid you good bye for now and look forward to this progress". She indicated him to the door. "Let me take you closer to your ship before departure, no need for the return walk".

Coci soon had her ship skimming across the frozen landscape directly to his ship. On touch down the ramp lowered and she saw him to the exit.

With a nod of respect and approval, she bade him good bye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom